• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Are the Real Insurrectionists?

No it's meaningless drivel from you.
And after I gave you the benefit of the doubt, thinking you wished to correct your ignorance. C'est la vie.

More abuse from you over education....

You feel abused by my "over education?"
In your opinion....generated by your own mind.
Nope, the meaning of "seemingly" is in the dictionary. Look it up.
But illuminating your prejudice against CNN
I wonder how you'd characterize Fox News' "catalog of faults" ?
A catalog of Fox's faults would not be germane either. Stick with the topic.

Nope, I think you'll find the the worst events of the anti-communist with hunt was at the hands of the Republicans:

The Communist party being banned
Communists denied the freedom of association
Communists literature/periodicals being banned
Congressional inquiries into "Un-American" Activities
The cultural blacklist
That's the narrative you want to promote, and it still doesn't even survive the example of the Truman executive order. Except that you won't consider that among the "worst events" because it hurts your narrative.

None of which happened in the UK Btw.
Not as much at stake, so, Big Deal.
Now you're backtracking again:
First you say that Britain didn't have an McCarthy like anti-communist with-hunts....because it didn't suffer the same level of Soviet espionage
Then you say that the UK ***DID*** an McCarthy like anti-communist with-hunts - as highlighted by the utterings of a former member of the British government and a solitary MP.
Like I said, first statement speculative; second statement declarative. One does not contradict the other because they don't assert the same thing. And I even qualified the speculation as being based upon your representation of the situation, which I hypothesized (correctly) that you got wrong.

Or:
Why are you punishing me...Johnny is just as bad...?"
"Republicans should not be blamed as the Democrats were just as bad....except they weren't. The worst results of the post WWII anti-communist with-hunts came at the hands of the Republicans.
No, both should be blamed for the movement's excesses, and one party doesn't get to skate even IF they did less stuff-- which is merely your narrative, not truth. And it's not precisely a "witch hunt" when there are real witches lurking about.

Are you bragging that your level of nurturing is superior ?
What a weird comeback. Back to the dictionary for you.
Or mad conservatives delude themselves into thinking that what the brag about are indeed "statements of fact".
So goes the Mad Lib narrative, yes.

Like Pravda right ?
You're still the one who has yet to admit that Communist agents entered the US in the fifties and stole atomic secrets, so I don't think you can accuse anyone else of Commie sympathies.
Or you seek to sow confusion with your litany of lies, brags and bigotry.
Nope, I'm not responsible for your state of mind or your false narrative.

And after I gave you the benefit of the doubt, thinking you wished to correct your ignorance. C'est la vie.

Well you certainly have a lot of doubt :)
Plus ca change...

You feel abused by my "over education?"

Not abused by it....amusing though it is to see you try.

Nope, the meaning of "seemingly" is in the dictionary. Look it up.

By all means, after you link me the dictionary of your personal language.

A catalog of Fox's faults would not be germane either.

Well at least you admit their faults extend to a catalog.

That's the narrative you want to promote, and it still doesn't even survive the example of the Truman executive order. Except that you won't consider that among the "worst events" because it hurts your narrative.

Incorrect, as shown to you.

One does not contradict the other because they don't assert the same thing. And I even qualified the speculation as being based upon your representation of the situation, which I hypothesized (correctly) that you got wrong.

Feel free to contradict yourself again.

No, both should be blamed for the movement's excesses, and one party doesn't get to skate even IF they did less stuff-- which is merely your narrative, not truth. And it's not precisely a "witch hunt" when there are real witches lurking about.

The same way that Republicans should be blamed for :
The internment of Japanese-Americans
The Bay of Pigs fiasco
The 1980 failed hostages rescue in Iran
The recent withdrawal from Afghanistan debacle.

So goes the Mad Lib narrative, yes.

And your insight on the "mad-con" narrative ?

You're still the one who has yet to admit that Communist agents entered the US in the fifties and stole atomic secrets, so I don't think you can accuse anyone else of Commie sympathies.

And communist agents stole secrets from the UK government - including nuclear secrets

But I guess you'll brag that the USA suffered from the attacks of a greater number of communist agents.

Nope, I'm not responsible for your state of mind or your false narrative.

But you are for your faulty perception of both.

Well you certainly have a lot of doubt :)
Plus ca change...

You're the one who used the term "seemingly" when you really meant "definitely."
Not abused by it....amusing though it is to see you try.

Again, no one made you conjure up the term "abuse." What did you mean by it?

By all means, after you link me the dictionary of your personal language.

Any dictionary could have told you what the word means. Still can.
Well at least you admit their faults extend to a catalog.
I admit both sides have enough faults to make a horse choke. Your side is the one that tries to claim noble motives while attempting to rig elections.

Incorrect, as shown to you.
You didn't even address the Truman order, so you didn't show anything but bias.
Feel free to contradict yourself again.
Feel free to get things wrong, again.
The same way that Republicans should be blamed for :
The internment of Japanese-Americans
The Bay of Pigs fiasco
The 1980 failed hostages rescue in Iran
The recent withdrawal from Afghanistan debacle.
Now you're not even trying. In your book, even when a Dem is President, be it Truman or Kennedy, Carter or Biden, the Dem is never responsible for wrongdoing. Some Republican, hiding under the nearest bed, made the Dems do bad or stupid things. Trump somehow MADE Brain Dead Biden leave behind millions of ordnance in the hands of the Taliban.

And your insight on the "mad-con" narrative ?
See above.
And communist agents stole secrets from the UK government - including nuclear secrets
Is this you admitting in roundabout fashion that Communist agents did steal secrets from the U.S., and that they did present a clear and present danger to the American people, including useful idiots like the Rosenbergs? Or are you just blathering about Great Britain again to harp on your already refuted point about the Brits' superior love of freedom?

But I guess you'll brag that the USA suffered from the attacks of a greater number of communist agents.
No one needs brag about simple truth.
But you are for your faulty perception of both.
You're still the one blaming Evil GOP for all Mad Lib sins. I'm surprised you didn't use the most recent one from the MSM; that incursions on the border are all Trump's fault.

You're the one who used the term "seemingly" when you really meant "definitely."

So you bless yourself with psychic powers now ?
If I said "seemingly", that's what I meant.

Again, no one made you conjure up the term "abuse." What did you mean by it?

I admit both sides have enough faults to make a horse choke. Your side is the one that tries to claim noble motives while attempting to rig elections.

What attempts to rig elections ?

And don't forget that Trump claimed, before the 2016 election, that the system was "rigged"
Though that didn't stop him taking advantage of the rigged electoral college system and claim the presidency, despite getting LESS votes than Hilary Clinton

Imagine his outrage if he'd won the popular vote but Hilary had been elected president ? Might he not have said that he'd already branded the system as "rigged" ?

You didn't even address the Truman order, so you didn't show anything but bias.

Making the Communist party illegal
Banning communists from printing their literature/periodicals
Denying communists freedom of association
Holding public inquiries into "Un-American" activities
Creating a cultural blacklist

Nope, that was all your side

You say "I admit both sides have enough faults" as if both parties shared equal blame
Sorry Ouroboros, that dog don't hunt...the political suppression of the 1950's was a Republican thing.

Now you're not even trying. In your book, even when a Dem is President, be it Truman or Kennedy, Carter or Biden, the Dem is never responsible for wrongdoing.

Nope, Democrat presidents get it wrong sometimes....like Johnson escalating the war in Vietnam
But on balance, the biggest political debacles are done by your side, and the shameful political suppression of the 1950's was perhaps the worst.

Some Republican, hiding under the nearest bed, made the Dems do bad or stupid things. Trump somehow MADE Brain Dead Biden leave behind millions of ordnance in the hands of the Taliban.

Who "made" Eisenhower ban the Communist Party ?
Who "made" the Republican majority in the House conduct public inquiries into "Un-American" activities
Who "made" Republicans create the cultural blacklist ?

And no, Soviet espionage activity wasn't responsible. As you've been shown, the UK also suffered from Soviet espionage and saw no need to ban communist political parties/groups et al

Are you still clinging to your claim of British McCarthyism - based on a former member of the British government and a solitary MP ?
Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe your fatuous comparison.

Is this you admitting in roundabout fashion that Communist agents did steal secrets from the U.S., and that they did present a clear and present danger to the American people, including useful idiots like the Rosenbergs? Or are you just blathering about Great Britain again to harp on your already refuted point about the Brits' superior love of freedom?

Soviet espionage had successes in the USA and the UK. Were the Cambridge spies and Melita Norwood not "useful idiots" ?
But while the UK retained its cherished democracy and liberties, the USA (under Republican leadership), engaged in a raft of authoritarian measures that the Nazi RSHA would've been proud of.

No one needs brag about simple truth.

This "simple" truth is to the eternal shame of the USA

You're still the one blaming Evil GOP for all Mad Lib sins. I'm surprised you didn't use the most recent one from the MSM; that incursions on the border are all Trump's fault.

Nope, the GOP has more that enough sins in it's closet
Though the shameful political suppression of the 1950's is perhaps chief among them.

So you bless yourself with psychic powers now ?
If I said "seemingly", that's what I meant.
Right, and that shows that you weren't as sure as you pretended to be.

Not an explanation of your peculiar use of the word.
What attempts to rig elections ?

And don't forget that Trump claimed, before the 2016 election, that the system was "rigged"
Though that didn't stop him taking advantage of the rigged electoral college system and claim the presidency, despite getting LESS votes than Hilary Clinton

Imagine his outrage if he'd won the popular vote but Hilary had been elected president ? Might he not have said that he'd already branded the system as "rigged" ?

The attempts I reference are the ones going on now, in which Dems are using lawfare to sideline a Presidential candidate.
Making the Communist party illegal
Banning communists from printing their literature/periodicals
Denying communists freedom of association
Holding public inquiries into "Un-American" activities
Creating a cultural blacklist

Nope, that was all your side

You say "I admit both sides have enough faults" as if both parties shared equal blame
Sorry Ouroboros, that dog don't hunt...the political suppression of the 1950's was a Republican thing.
Democrats went along with everything you listed, and even encouraged it, unless it was directed at their own operations. You just blame only Republicans because it makes you feel falsely noble.

Nope, Democrat presidents get it wrong sometimes....like Johnson escalating the war in Vietnam
But on balance, the biggest political debacles are done by your side, and the shameful political suppression of the 1950's was perhaps the worst.
It's too late to toss out one condemnation after issuing all of those ridiculous deflections of Dem responsibility, particularly the one in which Biden's people botched the Afghanistan withdrawal.

Who "made" Eisenhower ban the Communist Party ?
Who "made" the Republican majority in the House conduct public inquiries into "Un-American" activities
Who "made" Republicans create the cultural blacklist
Cons have responsibility for the things they do or don't do, just like Libs. That's why your attempt to dump all anti-Commie activities at the GOP's door reveals your indifference to responsibility.
And no, Soviet espionage activity wasn't responsible. As you've been shown, the UK also suffered from Soviet espionage and saw no need to ban communist political parties/groups et al

Still just your partisan interpretation, already refuted by actual history.
Are you still clinging to your claim of British McCarthyism - based on a former member of the British government and a solitary MP ?
Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe your fatuous comparison.
You clearly didn't read the citation. Try again.
Soviet espionage had successes in the USA and the UK. Were the Cambridge spies and Melita Norwood not "useful idiots" ?
But while the UK retained its cherished democracy and liberties, the USA (under Republican leadership), engaged in a raft of authoritarian measures that the Nazi RSHA would've been proud of.

Second worthless verse, same as the first.
This "simple" truth is to the eternal shame of the USA
Why would it be shameful for the US to be targeted by the Communist regime? The real shame would be that of the Russians' useful idiot allies, betraying their country for a nation that had zero respect for rights or justice.
Nope, the GOP has more that enough sins in it's closet
Though the shameful political suppression of the 1950's is perhaps chief among them.
If the fifties Red Scare was so bad, why are modern Dems emulating its rhetoric?

Right, and that shows that you weren't as sure as you pretended to be.

How sure does "seemingly" suggest ?

The attempts I reference are the ones going on now, in which Dems are using lawfare to sideline a Presidential candidate.

Nope, the Democrat party is not engaged in trying to "sideline a Presidential candidate". Donald Trump is finally being made to answer for his many crimes, by various judicial agencies, not by the Democrat party

This is in stark contrast to Trump himself; while the Democrat party seeks to keep law enforcement politically neutral, Trump has sought and seeks to weaponize it. Firing FBI and DoJ officials who didn't bend the knee to him, and promising to be a dictator "for one day" (as if anyone believes that), in order to mold the DOJ and FBI into machinations of his political will.

Democrats went along with everything you listed, and even encouraged it, unless it was directed at their own operations. You just blame only Republicans because it makes you feel falsely noble.

So your defense of Republican political oppression, is that Democrats didn't resist it enough ?

At least you appear to admit the shameful, authoritarian nature of the Republican party. A contemptible trait that still blights it

But fear not, the Democrat party will not ape the Republican party and start making other parties illegal
Because unlike the Republican filth, Democrats trust the American people and believe in democracy.

Cons have responsibility for the things they do or don't do....

Just that they don't accept it

Still just your partisan interpretation, already refuted by actual history

Nope, just your bigoted opinion of it.

The real shame would be that of the Russians' useful idiot allies, betraying their country for a nation that had zero respect for rights or justice.

So the CIA didn't spy on the USSR - or is shame not applicable when espionage is done by the USA ?

The real shame and contemptible actions belong to the USA, under Republican control, that shamelessly enforced a period of political oppression on its own people, including the banning of a political party, the denial of freedom of association and the prevention of freedom of speech
Plus the shameful cultural blacklist and the House inquiries into "Un-American" Activities

Do you actually believe that it's "un-American" to be a communist ?
If so, why ?

If the fifties Red Scare was so bad, why are modern Dems emulating its rhetoric?

Oh yes it was bad, very bad - no need to persuade anyone about that.

How sure does "seemingly" suggest ?

It doesn't suggest that you were sure at all. But I said that before and you just deflected, so same old same old.
Nope, the Democrat party is not engaged in trying to "sideline a Presidential candidate". Donald Trump is finally being made to answer for his many crimes, by various judicial agencies, not by the Democrat party

This is in stark contrast to Trump himself; while the Democrat party seeks to keep law enforcement politically neutral, Trump has sought and seeks to weaponize it. Firing FBI and DoJ officials who didn't bend the knee to him, and promising to be a dictator "for one day" (as if anyone believes that), in order to mold the DOJ and FBI into machinations of his political will.
The Democrat Party has got away with more crimes than Trump ever even thought about, just from promoting Russiagate alone. And their lawfare is anything but "politically neutral." How many Congressional Democrats denounced Joe Biden for committing the same "crime" as Trump: that of mishandling classified documents? From Wiki:

On January 9, 2023, CBS News[1] reported that attorneys for U.S. President Joe Biden discovered classified government documents in his former office at the Penn Biden Center in Washington, D.C., and in his personal residence in Wilmington, Delaware, dating to his time in the United States Senate and his vice presidency in the Obama administration.[2][3][4] The number of documents was later revealed to be between 25 and 30. By June 2023, classified documents from Biden's Senate tenure were discovered in materials donated to the University of Delaware.[5][6]

The truth is that the Dems ignored these transgressions-- some of which predated Biden's election to President-- because they always follow the policy of "okay for me but not for thee."

So your defense of Republican political oppression, is that Democrats didn't resist it enough ?
I haven't seen evidence that Dems resisted the persecution of Communists, real or imagined, in any meaningful way, starting with Dem President Truman.
At least you appear to admit the shameful, authoritarian nature of the Republican party. A contemptible trait that still blights it

The Dems aren't any less "authoritarian" than the GOP. They just wrap their efforts at dominion in colorful rhetoric.

But fear not, the Democrat party will not ape the Republican party and start making other parties illegal
Because unlike the Republican filth, Democrats trust the American people and believe in democracy.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just that they don't accept it

And Dems are still pushing Russiagate after finding no evidence against the Trump Regime as a whole.
Nope, just your bigoted opinion of it.
If "it" is supposed to be your fantasy of the 1950s UK being selflessly devoted to truth and freedom, my opinion that your opinion is junk is not "bigoted."

So the CIA didn't spy on the USSR - or is shame not applicable when espionage is done by the USA ?
All countries spy on each other. Stealing government secrets is on a different level.

The real shame and contemptible actions belong to the USA, under Republican control, that shamelessly enforced a period of political oppression on its own people, including the banning of a political party, the denial of freedom of association and the prevention of freedom of speech
Plus the shameful cultural blacklist and the House inquiries into "Un-American" Activities

Still the "contemptible actions" of both Libs and Cons.
Do you actually believe that it's "un-American" to be a communist ?
If so, why ?
It's un-American when any Communist breaks the law in the service of Communist ideology.
Oh yes it was bad, very bad - no need to persuade anyone about that.
Every time the Dems accused Trump of being a Russian stooge, they used the same logic as Red Scare politicians calling people "pinkos."

It doesn't suggest that you were sure at all...

So on a scale of certainty, of 1-10, where would you put "seemingly" ?

The Democrat Party has got away with more crimes than Trump ever even thought about...

Watergate
Iran–Contra affair
Operation "Ill Wind" - a 3 years FBI investigation into corruption at the DOD during the 1980's
Illegal invasion of Iraq
Illegal war in Afghanistan
The "Patriot Act", the "Communist Control Act" - both violations of the Constitution
Not to mention Trump's illegal election interference, his theft of White House items and classified documents
The insurrection riot of Jan 6th

"Examples just keep piling up:
Former Trump aide Peter Navarro was found guilty of contempt of Congress
Texas AG Ken Paxton, is being tried by the Texas state Senate after being overwhelmingly impeached
George Santos, has been indicted for, among other things, wire fraud, money laundering and making false statements to the federal government
Matt Gaetz, under investigation for under-age sex
A majority of the Alabama state legislature, has effectively broken the law by defying an order from the U.S. Supreme Court to redraw the state’s congressional district lines.
"

Oh and while you could say that President Biden "mishandled" classified documents, it was not intentional and the records office was informed the moment they were discovered. Unlike Trump who deliberately stole classified documents, then destroyed some and leaked the contents of others to unauthorized people. Not to mention lying that he didn't have them, forcing the FBI to raid Trump's mansion.
Trump also stole items from the White House

I think you need to stop lying to yourself and buy some better scales....

I haven't seen evidence that Dems resisted the persecution of Communists, real or imagined, in any meaningful way, starting with Dem President Truman.

Like I said, you're trying to excuse the Republicans' shameless activity, because the Democrats didn't protest loudly enough.

The Dems aren't any less "authoritarian" than the GOP....

The Communist Control Act
House Committee on Un-American Activities
The Cultural Blacklist
The Patriot Act
NSA activity
The Jan 6th Insurrection Riot

ALL say different

Face it, the Republican Party is the party of Authoritarian rule, epitomized now by Donald "I will be a dictator for just one day" Trump.
The party of responsibility, headed by Donald "I don't take any responsibility" Trump.

And Dems are still pushing Russiagate after finding no evidence against the Trump Regime as a whole.

The Republicans are now pro-Russia, headed by Donald "Putin is a genius" Trump
And while there might not be any evidence that the Republicans colluded with Russia in the 2016 United States election leaks, there's no doubt who Putin wants as PotUSA

And while you're talking about false allegations:
"Rep Jim Jordan seems to be struggling with the realization that Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden appears to be founded on a bed of lies peddled by the Russian government.
...the Ohio Republican got caught up in his own words, insisting that the inquiry still had merit, despite the Justice Department indictment against its primary witness, Alexander Smirnov
."

If "it" is supposed to be your fantasy of the 1950s UK being selflessly devoted to truth and freedom, my opinion that your opinion is junk is not "bigoted."

Which country banned political parties, banned freedom of association, banned freedom of speech (in the form of prohibiting communist literature), establishe public enquiries and a cultural blacklist
Please cite any British law equivalent to the authoritarian "Patriot Act", or an organization like the NSA....

Has a British PM ever tried to coerce election officials like Donald "I just need 14,000 votes" Trump ?
Has a mob ever stormed the Westminster Parliament to interfere with the transition to a new government/administration ?

Land of the free ?
Don't make me laugh.

Still the "contemptible actions" of both Libs and Cons.

But mostly cons - by a proverbial country mile.

It's un-American when any Communist breaks the law in the service of Communist ideology.

Since when has criminal activity been "Un-American" ?
"The U.S. prison population was 1,230,100 at yearend 2022, a 2% increase from yearend 2021..."

But you're trying desperately to deflect, the vast majority of Americans investigated in the 1950's for "Un-American" Activities or placed on a cultural blacklist, or had their fredom of speech curtailed, had committed NO crime at all
So again, what's "Un-American" about being a communist ?

Every time the Dems accused Trump of being a Russian stooge, they used the same logic as Red Scare politicians calling people "pinkos."

Except Putin's puppet ***IS*** Donald "I would encourage Russia to do whatever the hell they want” Trump

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday said he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they want” to any NATO member country that doesn’t meet spending guidelines on defense in a stunning admission he would not abide by the collective-defense clause at the heart of the alliance if reelected.
“I said, ‘Everybody’s gonna pay.’ They said, ‘Well, if we don’t pay, are you still going to protect us?’ I said, ‘Absolutely not.’ They couldn’t believe the answer.”
Trump said “one of the presidents of a big country” at one point asked him whether the US would still defend the country if they were invaded by Russia even if they “don’t pay.

Music to Putin's ears.

So on a scale of certainty, of 1-10, where would you put "seemingly" ?

Since you're determined to die on this hill, I give it a score of one. Are you going somewhere with this?
Watergate
Iran–Contra affair
Operation "Ill Wind" - a 3 years FBI investigation into corruption at the DOD during the 1980's
Illegal invasion of Iraq
Illegal war in Afghanistan
The "Patriot Act", the "Communist Control Act" - both violations of the Constitution
Not to mention Trump's illegal election interference, his theft of White House items and classified documents
The insurrection riot of Jan 6th

"Examples just keep piling up:
Former Trump aide Peter Navarro was found guilty of contempt of Congress
Texas AG Ken Paxton, is being tried by the Texas state Senate after being overwhelmingly impeached
George Santos, has been indicted for, among other things, wire fraud, money laundering and making false statements to the federal government
Matt Gaetz, under investigation for under-age sex
A majority of the Alabama state legislature, has effectively broken the law by defying an order from the U.S. Supreme Court to redraw the state’s congressional district lines.
"

Yawn. Another Mad Lib laundry list, full of partisan errors. 145 Democrats voted for the Patriot Act (Hilary voted for it twice!) as against 66 Dems who opposed it. Knowing your posts, you'll say that the 66 no-votes represent the true nature of your idealized Dems. In addition, Barack Obama signed extensions to the Act.

Oh and while you could say that President Biden "mishandled" classified documents, it was not intentional and the records office was informed the moment they were discovered. Unlike Trump who deliberately stole classified documents, then destroyed some and leaked the contents of others to unauthorized people. Not to mention lying that he didn't have them, forcing the FBI to raid Trump's mansion.
Trump also stole items from the White House

I think you need to stop lying to yourself and buy some better scales....
Biden's leaks were just as bad as anything Trump did, and his carelessness with documents he handled as a Congressman speaks to his massive incompetence. Trump kept documents under the impression he had the right to do so, and that matter has yet to be settled. I don't doubt that the Dems started the whole inquiry to Get Trump, not because they cared about national security, and then they belatedly realized, "Hell, we better be sure our demented puppet didn't do the same thing!"

Like I said, you're trying to excuse the Republicans' shameless activity, because the Democrats didn't protest loudly enough.

The Communist Control Act
House Committee on Un-American Activities
The Cultural Blacklist
The Patriot Act
NSA activity
The Jan 6th Insurrection Riot

ALL say different

All full of crap, though the citation of the Patriot Act is immensely funny. Thanks for continuing to embarrass yourself.
Face it, the Republican Party is the party of Authoritarian rule, epitomized now by Donald "I will be a dictator for just one day" Trump.
The party of responsibility, headed by Donald "I don't take any responsibility" Trump.

The Dems have yet to take responsibility for Russiagate and the Summer of Hate.
The Republicans are now pro-Russia, headed by Donald "Putin is a genius" Trump
And while there might not be any evidence that the Republicans colluded with Russia in the 2016 United States election leaks, there's no doubt who Putin wants as PotUSA

And while you're talking about false allegations:
"Rep Jim Jordan seems to be struggling with the realization that Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden appears to be founded on a bed of lies peddled by the Russian government.
...the Ohio Republican got caught up in his own words, insisting that the inquiry still had merit, despite the Justice Department indictment against its primary witness, Alexander Smirnov
."

Which country banned political parties, banned freedom of association, banned freedom of speech (in the form of prohibiting communist literature), establishe public enquiries and a cultural blacklist
Please cite any British law equivalent to the authoritarian "Patriot Act", or an organization like the NSA....

Has a British PM ever tried to coerce election officials like Donald "I just need 14,000 votes" Trump ?
Has a mob ever stormed the Westminster Parliament to interfere with the transition to a new government/administration ?

Land of the free ?
Don't make me laugh.

But mostly cons - by a proverbial country mile.

Since when has criminal activity been "Un-American" ?
"The U.S. prison population was 1,230,100 at yearend 2022, a 2% increase from yearend 2021..."

But you're trying desperately to deflect, the vast majority of Americans investigated in the 1950's for "Un-American" Activities or placed on a cultural blacklist, or had their fredom of speech curtailed, had committed NO crime at all
So again, what's "Un-American" about being a communist ?

Except Putin's puppet ***IS*** Donald "I would encourage Russia to do whatever the hell they want” Trump

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday said he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they want” to any NATO member country that doesn’t meet spending guidelines on defense in a stunning admission he would not abide by the collective-defense clause at the heart of the alliance if reelected.
“I said, ‘Everybody’s gonna pay.’ They said, ‘Well, if we don’t pay, are you still going to protect us?’ I said, ‘Absolutely not.’ They couldn’t believe the answer.”
Trump said “one of the presidents of a big country” at one point asked him whether the US would still defend the country if they were invaded by Russia even if they “don’t pay.

Music to Putin's ears.
More Mad Lib narrative whose only purpose is to line up unthinking partisans.

Just to take the last one-- why would Trump say, "Yes, we'll protect NATO nations even if they're not willing to make as full a commitment as we are?" He's saying they SHOULD commit more to opposing Communist incursions. Why would he undermine himself by making the kind of mealy-mouthed declaration you want? But Mad Libs hear what they want to hear.

Since you're determined to die on this hill, I give it a score of one....

So what score would you give "a hunch" ?

....145 Democrats voted for the Patriot Act

So again your defense of Republicans is that not enough Democrats opposed it.

Biden's leaks were just as bad as anything Trump...

What was "leaked" and who too ?

Sorry but your idolizing defense of the Orange Traitor is fast becoming a parody. Trump deliberately STOLE classified documents, hid them, destroyed some and LIED about not having them. Forcing the FBI to raid his gaudy mansion....I wonder how many found their way to the FSB.

...though the citation of the Patriot Act is immensely funny...

Others see the Patriot Act more for what it is - an attack on freedom, liberties and the Constitution
You hardly surprise me that you find humor in it - given the contempt that Trump (and your side generally) has for democracy and liberty.

The Dems have yet to take responsibility for Russiagate and the Summer of Hate.

There was/is no "Russiagate"
Russia interfered with the 2016 election
Trump is pro-Russia - to the point of treason
Republican attempts at impeachment of President Biden appears to be founded on by the Russian government.

He's saying they SHOULD commit more to opposing Communist incursions. Why would he undermine himself by making the kind of mealy-mouthed declaration you want? But Mad Libs hear what they want to hear.

No doubt that's a sentiment that all US presidents, since the foundation of NATO, share/shared

However Trump is threatening to take the USA out of NATO and actively encouraging Russia to invade NATO countries. His treasonous remarks should be punished in the most severe way

You should be ashamed of supporting him, as ever Republican should
Have you ordered your copy of the Trump Bible yet ?

Back
Top Bottom