• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who am I referring too?

Which ideology is closer to facism...and consequently, oppressing individual rights?

• Conservatives

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Liberals

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

BodiSatva

The Bodhisattva
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
How is it that those that profess to embrace Natural Rights of the individual are the very ones that oppress and squash the same rights at the drop of a hat. I have never seen such hypocrisy.

Get into a talk about anything that they don't like and you get shouted out or branded racist/sexist etc instantly...

It is interesting to witness the devolving of humanity so singularly and so quickly by one political ideology...an ideology that is quickly resembling Facism.

Facism...yes.

Hate to say it...but if this group has their way...it will be much worse than if those that they oppose do.

Whom am I talking about?

How is it that those that profess to embrace Natural Rights of the individual are the very ones that oppress and squash the same rights at the drop of a hat. I have never seen such hypocrisy.

Get into a talk about anything that they don't like and you get shouted out or branded racist/sexist etc instantly...

It is interesting to witness the devolving of humanity so singularly and so quickly by one political ideology...an ideology that is quickly resembling Facism.

Facism...yes.

Hate to say it...but if this group has their way...it will be much worse than if those that they oppose do.

Whom am I talking about?

Let me guess...liberals are evil and they eat children?

Hatuey

Your sub-concious is working on something? Please...share.

I choose the Cons because they do not want abortion!
Well, except when one of their family members gets raped by uncle Jethro or someone else, then they will "sneek" their pregnant loved one to an abortion clinic in some dark alley in the middle of the night to get rid of the kid.
~~~~~~~
There is a old saying "don't worry about anything until it hits home."

Abortion? What the hell are you talking about?

Only we Evil Conservatives eat children.

Typically Liberals just suck them down a sink and call it a "choice".

Sorry I confuse who does what sometimes you know. With "Christians" being responsible for more then half of the abortions in this country. It's hard to keep up on who does what anymore.

Come now, eating children is just one of our many jobs. We also defend pedophiles, ban the Bible, burn the flag, and sell heroin on playgrounds. :lol:

Come now, eating children is just one of our many jobs. We also defend pedophiles, ban the Bible, burn the flag, and sell heroin on playgrounds. :lol:

Adding : We aid and give comfort to the enemy by voting democrat. We destroy family values by having sex and finally we defend gay rights because we believe they will eventually lead the way for the legalization of bestiality and necrophilia which is what we really want.

Abortion? What the hell are you talking about?

Women seeking to retain their own freedom by taking the life of their child = hypocrisy.

How many times have I been accused of trying to "enslave women"?
About a million.

= Modern Lesbian Feminists and today's Democrat party.

Free, legal and easy access to even very late term abortion is what they seek.

Whom am I talking about?

Liberals of any color.

Sorry I confuse who does what sometimes you know. With "Christians" being responsible for more then half of the abortions in this country. It's hard to keep up on who does what anymore.

"Christian" does not = "pro-life".

Check Jallman for example.

Yes, this was easy, this is a special kind of liberals :mrgreen:

I prefer to call them fake liberals, even though they claim to be the only real liberals occassionally.

I actually only know this species from Debate Politics, I never met them in real life or in other internet places and I'm thankful for it. I met some liberals in real life, I don't share much of their ideas, but I can respect these liberals I met in real life.

This is pretty easy.

involuntary altruism = fascism

"Christian" does not = "pro-life".

Check Jallman for example.

No no you misunderstand my drift. I didn't imply that christians mean pro-life. It's just hard to listen to conservatives who oppose abortion on a religious basis when there are christians that have as many if not more abortions then everybody else.

Both. (not a poll option though, so I'm writing it in)

so by both - you actually mean neither?

Both "ideologies" seek to repress individual rights. They just differ on which rights they desire to repress. So I cannot answer which one is closer since both ideologies, IMO, suck ***.

No no you misunderstand my drift. I didn't imply that christians mean pro-life. It's just hard to listen to conservatives who oppose abortion on a religious basis when there are christians that have as many if not more abortions then everybody else.

Christian does not = Conservative.

Conservative does not = Christian.

What, you think I haven't debated abortion against another Christian before?

Christian does not = Conservative.

Conservative does not = Christian.

What, you think I haven't debated abortion against another Christian before?

So wait...who's been opposing abortion all along? The religious left? :|

Both "ideologies" seek to repress individual rights. They just differ on which rights they desire to repress. So I cannot answer which one is closer since both ideologies, IMO, suck ***.

In general conservatives wish to repress rights at a lower level of government then liberals - in which case you could vote with your feet and find a place that represents your views.

for this reason, I would say liberalism sucks way, way more.

So wait...who's been opposing abortion all along? The religious left? :|

Do you not see the error in that question?

Exactly what kind of abortion are you talking about? Name it.

Late-term abortion is opposed by the majority of Pro-Choice and all Pro-Life, for example.

My good debate buddy Jallman is pro-choice through and through, yet he would see abortion all but banned as soon as the fetus has a functioning neural cortex connected to a functioning thymus.

And he’s not alone.

So what kind of abortion, exactly, are you taking about?

In general conservatives wish to repress rights at a lower level of government then liberals - in which case you could vote with your feet and find a place that represents your views.

for this reason, I would say liberalism sucks way, way more.

They both suck pretty equally, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom