• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who actually pays taxes in America. Latest data from 2020.

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Here's the latest data. Who pays and who doesn't. It's clear the President and the liberals are not telling us the truth. The 3.5, 5.5 trillion according to one accounting, will fall on the upper 49% of the nation as it allways does.

I know some of us with money like to think we are among the "rich." Well...think again.

Just to give people an idea.

How long does it take to count to:

Hundred thousand: 20 hours
Million: 11 days
Billion: 31 years
Trillion: 31 thousand years.

So, in short, even a millionaire is far closer to the guy sleeping under a bridge than he is a billionaire, and both are basically sleeping under a bridge when compared to any entity approaching a trillion dollars in wealth.

Imagine getting pissed that people working two full time jobs and still getting benefits aren't being taxed more.

At any rate, I think I can guess which posters will show up to rage about the idea of seeing one red cent go to improve society, especially if more money isn't being taken from the people to whom that red cent go because that makes some kind of sense...

Here's the latest data. Who pays and who doesn't. It's clear the President and the liberals are not telling us the truth. The 3.5, 5.5 trillion according to one accounting, will fall on the upper 49% of the nation as it allways does.

So . . . . . you're using 2020 data - Trump era data - to make claims about what Biden's era will actually result in? Is that right? Does that make sense to anyone?

My effective tax rate is higher than those published for Obama and Romney before the 2012 election, I pay basically double what they did.

Time for me to get a book deal.

The rich individuals still do not pay enough

That would be because they have all the money.
It's hard to tax people who barely have enough money to keep a roof over their heads.

Do you feel the super rich would benefit from having even more money they can't spend as they have so much?

Maybe because 1% of America has over 30% of all wealth in America?

I don't think anyone cares. If they/we did we would have fixed the mess a long time ago. Cut out deductions. One rate for all. H&R Block would go out of business. You could do your taxes online in 10 minutes. So how easy that would be? That's why it will never happen.

So . . . . . you're using 2020 data - Trump era data - to make claims about what Biden's era will actually result in? Is that right? Does that make sense to anyone?
Well since 2021 tax data isn't available yet, what with it still being 2021 and all, yes it does make sense to use the latest data that is available.

Well since 2021 tax data isn't available yet, what with it still being 2021 and all, yes it does make sense to use the latest data that is available.
Different administration.

Different administration.
Obviously. But 2020 is still the most recent data available. The OP's point, which you seem to have missed, is that the Biden administration is claiming one thing about who is paying what and the actual data says another. The fact that it's a different administration in 2021 is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Obviously. But 2020 is still the most recent data available. The OP's point, which you seem to have missed, is that the Biden administration is claiming one thing about who is paying what and the actual data says another. The fact that it's a different administration in 2021 is irrelevant.
From the OP.

" . . . . will fall on the upper 49% of the nation as it allways does."

Either it has fallen - as in 2020 data from a previous administration . . . . OR

it "WILL FALL on the upper 49% . . . . " - referring to the future. Which is it?

The OP asserts that "Biden and the liberals" are not telling the truth - but there's no link to what they've actually said. Only a link that seems to concoct a contradiction, if a person can't tell the difference between what is alleged to be claimed, and what ""WILL FALL on the upper 49% . . . . "

From the OP.

" . . . . will fall on the upper 49% of the nation as it allways does."

Either it has fallen - as in 2020 data from a previous administration . . . . OR

it "WILL FALL on the upper 49% . . . . " - referring to the future. Which is it?

The OP asserts that "Biden and the liberals" are not telling the truth - but there's no link to what they've actually said. Only a link that seems to concoct a contradiction, if a person can't tell the difference between what is alleged to be claimed, and what ""WILL FALL on the upper 49% . . . . "
Better. I'd say that both you and the OP should make your point and then back it up with some actual data, rather than vague generalizations. This should have been your first reply.

Better. I'd say that both you and the OP should make your point and then back it up with some actual data, rather than vague generalizations. This should have been your first reply.
ROTFALMAO - I'm so glad it met with your approval. That's what I live for!

Back
Top Bottom