• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Whites commit more crimes than blacks. Are they a problem race?

LuddlyNeddite

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
FBI — Table 43

Whites commit 68 percent of all crimes in the United States.

If the racists on Fox news call blacks a problem race, then whites are DEFINITELY a problem race as well.

FBI — Table 43

If the racists on Fox news call blacks a problem race, then whites are DEFINITELY a problem race as well.

According to Census, blacks account for 13.2% of the overall population. Yet by demographic (from your own source) are responsible for 52.2% of murders, 31.3% of rapes, 56.4% of robberies, 33.9% of assaults, 30.4% of burglaries, 28.7% of thefts, 30.5% of vehicle thefts, and overall 38.7% of all violent crime.

You sure this is the road you want to go down with this debate?

According to Census, blacks account for 13.2% of the overall population. Yet by demographic (from your own source) are responsible for 52.2% of murders, 31.3% of rapes, 56.4% of robberies, 33.9% of assaults, 30.4% of burglaries, 28.7% of thefts, 30.5% of vehicle thefts, and overall 38.7% of all violent crime.

I wish I could get a good, solid answer on this from a behavioral science point of view. Why is it that more crimes are committed by blacks than whites? I was wondering today - reading the Jacksonville news, and there were a few murders, robberies, rapes and so on, and every single one was committed by a black person. Why? And I don't want a racist answer. I want a good answer from someone who can answer without being ugly about it.

CaptainCourtesy said:

You are a behavioral scientist, no? Do you have an answer for this?

I wish I could get a good, solid answer on this from a behavioral science point of view. Why is it that more crimes are committed by blacks than whites? I was wondering today - reading the Jacksonville news, and there were a few murders, robberies, rapes and so on, and every single one was committed by a black person. Why? And I don't want a racist answer. I want a good answer from someone who can answer without being ugly about it.

You aren't going to get one. People are too invested in their own agendas to actually answer this one honestly. If there is an honest answer posted it will get lost in all the BS.

Very true, and when you account for the fact that its young black males committing the vast majority of these crimes-while making up only about 3% of the total population its even more striking.

There probably isn't a single answer, however there are many theories.

Amongst the ones Ive encountered (often tangentially while reading about other things) are poverty, lack of family structure, lower average intelligence, and culture that glorifies violence.

It should also be noted that this is not a distinctly American phenomenon by any means, blacks also commit a disproportionately high number of violent crime in Canada, and europe, and the frequency of crime is staggeringly high in africa.

Hopefully you dont see these as being "racist", but if you do thats not really my problem. There is a strong taboo amongst humanities professors about this, but then again facts dont have an agenda, do they?

There probably isn't a single answer, however there are many theories.

Amongst the ones Ive encountered (often tangentially while reading about other things) are poverty, lack of family structure, lower average intelligence, and culture that glorifies violence.

It should also be noted that this is not a distinctly American phenomenon by any means, blacks also commit a disproportionately high number of violent crime in Canada, and europe, and the frequency of crime is staggeringly high in africa.

Hopefully you dont see these as being "racist", but if you do thats not really my problem. There is a strong taboo amongst humanities professors about this, but then again facts dont have an agenda, do they?

Calm down, little square dude. I saw nothing racist about your post. Well, the "lower average intelligence" was particularly nasty about people of color. I don't believe that for a minute. But part of the reasons, white people have also. White people are poor, too, and often are single parent homes as well.

FBI — Table 43

I guess the phrase "per capita" isn't in your vocabulary. Look it up. You'll get smarter.

FBI — Table 43

I understand, what you say, but you must take your numbers against the proportion of the population. The results do not necessarily support your conclusion.

Calm down, little square dude. I saw nothing racist about your post. Well, the "lower average intelligence" was particularly nasty about people of color. I don't believe that for a minute. But part of the reasons, white people have also. White people are poor, too, and often are single parent homes as well.

Yes whites have those problems too-which is why you will find lots of very low IQ (impulsive), violent people of all races raised without fathers in jail. And last I checked there plenty of white people in jail as well. Another factor I forgot to mention is psychopathy-antisocial personality disorder is incredibly high in the prison population.

According to statistics (they vary by source) anything between 17 and 20 pct of traffic accidents are caused by DUI.

That means that the far larger percentage of accidents is caused by people that are sober.

From this one can only conclude that if everybody drove while sloshed to the gills, the roads would be much safer.

Ah, statistics.

No he won't.

every thread he has started since coming over to this forum starts with an OP that is riddled with lies and falsehoods. Example-his poll question that claims that 30,000 Innocent people are killed each year with firearms when in reality more than half the deaths are suicides and 80% of the murder victims are people with felony records, often engaged in felonious activities when other felons kill them.

then he claims that the Mexican constitution is responsible for the high rate of gun violence even though Mexico has among the most idiotically strict gun laws in the Americas. So the fact that black males-less than 6% of the population when you factor out those under 10 and over 60, commit more than half the murders and more than half the aggravated robberies and blacks raping white women is more than 20X more common than white men raping black women,-is ignored by him because facts are poisonous to his silly bait threads

Not a racial issue, but a socioeconomic issue. Those of lower socieconomic status tend to commit more crimes, and blacks, currently tend to be, more often, of lower socioeconomiic status. Long time ago when I researched this, I read somewhere that poor whites tend to commit crimes at a similar percentage as poor blacks.

every thread he has started since coming over to this forum starts with an OP that is riddled with lies and falsehoods. Example-his poll question that claims that 30,000 Innocent people are killed each year with firearms when in reality more than half the deaths are suicides and 80% of the murder victims are people with felony records, often engaged in felonious activities when other felons kill them.

then he claims that the Mexican constitution is responsible for the high rate of gun violence even though Mexico has among the most idiotically strict gun laws in the Americas. So the fact that black males-less than 6% of the population when you factor out those under 10 and over 60, commit more than half the murders and more than half the aggravated robberies and blacks raping white women is more than 20X more common than white men raping black women,-is ignored by him because facts are poisonous to his silly bait threads

Blacks raping white women more than whites raping black women could have to do with the fact fact that there are way more white women in America than black women.

Looks like the racial divide is tearing the country apart.

The below average intelligence is due to disproportionately spending their early childhood in broken homes. I really believe that all of it can be traced down to kids raising kids, or often kids being raised by grandmothers and in some cases great grandmothers. Early childhood education in the home is so, so important to everything in later life.

The destruction of the black family. That's the uncomfortable answer. Any demographic would suffer equally. Toss in a subculture of promoting aggressive behavior, you get a disaster.

FBI — Table 43

You are clearly an advocate for the reestablishment of segregation and I think that is just sick.

Back
Top Bottom