• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whites Are the Only Group That You Can Discriminate Against Legally in America

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Pat Buchanan: "Whites Are the Only Group That You Can Discriminate Against Legally in America Now"

Syndicated columnist Pat Buchanan made a statement Friday guaranteed to make liberal media members' heads spin.

During a discussion about Affirmative Action on PBS's McLaughlin Group, Buchanan said, "Whites are the only group that you can discriminate against legally in America now"

(video follows with full transcript, commentary and comments.): -> Pat Buchanan: 'Whites Are the Only Group That You Can Discriminate Against Legally in America Now' | NewsBusters

What say you, is Pat Buchanan right ?

I concur with Buchanan.

But whites control all the money. Bwahahahahaha.

Oh Pat, that crap didn't work after Nixon left office. Really, just deal with it, you reap what you sow.

Cry me a ****ing river.

Too bad it's Asians who actually suffer the most from affirmative action problems. Grow the **** up stop whining, recognize your damn privileges and grow some balls. I'll cry for you when whites stop owning the vast majority of sports franchises, fortune 500 companies, and dominate legislatures and executive and judicial offices pretty much everywhere.

Cry me a ****ing river.

Too bad it's Asians who actually suffer the most from affirmative action problems. Grow the **** up stop whining, recognize your damn privileges and grow some balls. I'll cry for you when whites stop owning the vast majority of sports franchises, fortune 500 companies, and dominate legislatures and executive and judicial offices pretty much everywhere.

So it's okay to discriminate against white people because some of them are wealthy?

Cry me a ****ing river.

:lamo:2rofll::monkey Sounds like you're the one who's whining because you couldn't handle someones opinion.

It also appears you're also attacking the messenger. Well I'm white and you just proved Pat Buchanan is right.

I as well as other whites I know have been turned down for government positions because they were required to hire a minority. No big deal other than race was on the application so I don't know why they wasted both our times with interviewing when they knew they could not hire me.

:lamo:2rofll::monkey Sounds like you're the one who's whining because you couldn't handle someones opinion.

It also appears you're also attacking the messenger. Well I'm white and you just proved Pat Buchanan is right.

Don't confuse the fact that we dislike you to mean we dislike white people.

I as well as other whites I know have been turned down for government positions because they were required to hire a minority. No big deal other than race was on the application so I don't know why they wasted both our times with interviewing when they knew they could not hire me.

There were hundreds of highly qualified white applicants applying for our service academies over the past four years and were denied acceptance in the name of diversity so academically unqualified minority applicants could attend in their place.

The first of Obama's "Moron Officers Corps" just graduated a few months ago from our service academies.

Where does Operah fit in ?
She's not even on the list...

1671766-slide-screen-shot-2013-02-01-at-104403-am.jpg

Cry me a ****ing river.

take matter in your own hands. go kill some white people and their babies. That outta teach them a lesson.

Anyway, how so? I've never heard asians crying about "culturally biased" school tests and such.

take matter in your own hands. go kill some white people and their babies. That outta teach them a lesson.

Anyway, how so? I've never heard asians crying about "culturally biased" school tests and such.

Affirmative Action: Who Does it Help, Who Does it Hurt? - The Daily Beast

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/e...-for-asian-americans.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Social policies: Time to scrap affirmative action | The Economist

Awarding university places to black students with lower test scores than whites sounds reasonable, given the legacy of segregation. But a study found that at some American universities, black applicants who scored 450 points (out of 1,600) worse than Asians on entrance tests were equally likely to win a place. That is neither fair on Asians, nor an incentive to blacks to study in high school. In their book “Mismatch”, Richard Sander and Stuart Taylor produce evidence that suggests affirmative action reduces the number of blacks who qualify as lawyers by placing black students in law schools for which they are ill-prepared, causing many to drop out. Had they attended less demanding schools, they might have graduated

That last one is the best article if you were to only read that one.

Right, but that goes against what StillBalin75 was trying to point out, that somehow affirmative action was bad for asians because white people smth. The thing you pointed out, yes, I was well aware of that and that is a consequence of affirmative action.

Cry me a ****ing river.

This is one of the most insanely ****ing ignorant statements that I've ever seen. So because there are some rich white people out there, I should be able to be discriminated against? So other races get easier admission to college for their racial heritage, and I get disadvantaged?

You've shown that you are just as much, if not more racist than the people you're talking about. You've grouped all whites together and acted like we're all somehow super previliged and doing great.

I'm sorry, but you don't deserve a god damn thing more than me because of your skin color. We should all be equal. Un-****ing-real.

I take that as a personal ****ing insult.

Last edited:
So it's okay to discriminate against white people because some of them are wealthy?

That is essentially the way that many liberals look at things. Never mind that one group (whites) is nearly 5X as large that the other group (blacks) - they should have equal outcome in everything. We must not look at things like the out of wedlock childbirth rate, the crime statistics or any other personal behavior traits as having any bearing on that anticipated success, we must expect to pump money forever to folks that refuse to help themselves or even obey the criminal statutes.

There are also more poor white folks than poor black folks but let's never address that fact, we must continue to do the same thing, subsidize out of wedlock childbirth by HS dropouts, and anticpate a different result. We must believe that crime in these majority minority areas will disappear, or revert to average rates, if only sufficient (how much is never defined) amounts of money are dumped in to these areas to eliminate poverty (how that will happen is also never defined). We cannot press for (or expect) any behavior changes since that is racist.

Pat Buchanan: "Whites Are the Only Group That You Can Discriminate Against Legally in America Now"

Syndicated columnist Pat Buchanan made a statement Friday guaranteed to make liberal media members' heads spin.

During a discussion about Affirmative Action on PBS's McLaughlin Group, Buchanan said, "Whites are the only group that you can discriminate against legally in America now"

(video follows with full transcript, commentary and comments.): -> Pat Buchanan: 'Whites Are the Only Group That You Can Discriminate Against Legally in America Now' | NewsBusters

What say you, is Pat Buchanan right ?

I concur with Buchanan.
No, you can't discriminate against whites legally in America.

And why would you want to discriminate against anyone?

If we are talking just about affirmative action here, it is a sly answer to say that admission should be based solely on "academic merit." What is academic merit judged on? AP classes, standardized test scores, GPA, extracurricular activities? But that is effectively affirmative action for wealthy students (of all races), since under the current system poorer school districts cannot provide the same range of AP courses and extracurricular activities as wealthier ones. And poorer students cannot afford the courses or materials that wealthier kids can to excel at standardized tests, and have less time to study due to the fact that many have to work while attending school to help earn spending money.

When it comes to "affirmative action," I take issue with race being used as the segregator when I think it should really be more about income and opportunity.

But I have no problem with "diversity" programs where "diversity" is defined very broadly. These programs are distinct from affirmative action because they do not aim to adjust for any disadvantages minorities have faced in the education realm, but to broaden the educational experience for all students. We live in a country and world exploding in diversity. Our future business, political, and social leaders need to know how to interact with people of different races, ethnicities, philosophies, theologies, incomes, and other backgrounds, or else we are bound to fail. You only get this skill through experience, which is frustrated in this country due to economic segregation in primary school and local communities. Diversities policies are a completely logical and IMO necessary tool to better the education of everyone and, eventually, better our political and social discourse.

Back
Top Bottom