• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whiteness is a threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is still BS. Poor white males (8.7 miillion) is about twice as many people as poor black males (4.6 million). That still makes the poor black male crime rate about twice that of the poor white male crime rate.

U.S. Poverty Statistics - Federal Safety Net

Not just poverty, but you get the idea. The stat is misleading.

Let's consider it this way. What does the "blacks commit half the violent crime" tell us? What's the meaning there. Is it that more blacks are poor and they don't get a fair shake in court? Or is something else to be learned?

What do you draw from that stat?

If that were so then we would see roughly 2X more whites than blacks in prison.

Oversimplifying again? Socioeconomics play a part, and rural vs urban. There are many factors.

If that were so then we would see roughly 2X more whites than blacks in prison.

When poor whites were mostly urban and poor blacks were mostly rural (the exact opposite of today), that was exactly the case.

Well, except perhaps in the former slave states, which had turned imprisoning blacks into an entire new economy, with specific laws aimed at just that race.

In a thread about race the posts tend to focus on racial statistics. The good news is that violent crime is actually falling even while concern over (fear of?) violent crime is rising.
A result of the instant information age, IMO. Whether the media is purposely highlighting the racial aspect to boost said fear is open for debate.

Oversimplifying again? Socioeconomics play a part, and rural vs urban. There are many factors.

Yep, no matter what you once said that goes out the window if it does not "prove" your assertion. HAND

Yep, no matter what you once said that goes out the window if it does not "prove" your assertion. HAND

We've been down that road. What do you believe is untrue?

As I started before, let's get to the heart of this. What does the stat tell you. Does it tell you black people are more inclined to commit crimes because of race?

We've been down that road. What do you believe is untrue?

As I started before, let's get to the heart of this. What does the stat tell you. Does it tell you black people are more inclined to commit crimes because of race?

You asserted that there are nearly an equal number of poor black males and poor white males. That is simply not true - there are nearly twice as many poor white males as poor black males - yet the number of violent crimes from each group is roughly the same. That means for each crime committed by a poor white male then about two crimes are committed by poor black males.

Last edited:
You asserted that there are nearly an equal number of poor black males and poor white males. That is simply not true - there are nearly twice as many poor white males as poor black males - yet the number of violent crimes from each group is roughly the same. That means for each crime committed by a poor white male then about two crimes are committed by a poor black male.

That was merely poverty, not poor. But 2x is some kind of progress. The "13% commit most" is more like 10x.

So, we've gone from 10x to 2x. I think we can get closer than that, but let's get to the larger point.

What is the cause of the disparity? Is it because of race, skin color drives the difference?

There's no false claim. Look at your source.

You, and others spewing this racist rhetoric, claim 50% of violent crimes are committed by blacks. Via same source, DoJ, 50% are white. Is that divided evenly among white people? No. Very few women and almost entirely poor. The vast majority of all violent crime is poor males. Poor white males make up about 7% of the population.

I get my 50% the same place you got yours. The only thing in question is the percent of population that are poor white males. About 15% of the population is poor whites? Seems about right.

I like your doo doo you stepped in with those numbers 50/50. No one but poor white or black males commit violent crime? LOL

I like your doo doo you stepped in with those numbers 50/50. No one but poor white or black males commit violent crime? LOL

It's always crimes of opportunity or passion, be the criminal white or black. So, white guy kills his wife so he doesn't have to split the family assets, while black guy kills a drug rival so he doesn't have to share a corner. Or white chick poisons her hubby for the insurance money, while black girl kills her guy because he's ****ing her teenage daughter. :shrug:

Crime is not race related. Regardless what Breitbart, Stormfront or Sean Hannity tell you.

That was merely poverty, not poor. But 2x is some kind of progress. The "13% commit most" is more like 10x.

So, we've gone from 10x to 2x. I think we can get closer than that, but let's get to the larger point.

What is the cause of the disparity? Is it because of race, skin color drives the difference?

Nope, 13% vs. 63% is more like 5X (4.8 to be precise). By factoring the overall higher black poverty rate we went from 4.8X to 2X. I agree, naturally, that poverty affects crime rates but 2X is still a 100% increase in the crime rate which is in no way trivial or some rounding error. That's as close as we are likely to get using race, gender and low income.

I would guess that the remaining disparity is largely due to gang activity and that is most likely spurred by the lack of a father in the household - male peers (thugs?) take over that role. Both gang participation (outside of prison - inside gangs are nearly a must) and out-of-wedlock childbirth rates support (correlate) with this SWAG. I think that these two factors combined act as our (mysterious?) poverty and crime force multiplier.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/77-black-births-to-single-moms-49-for-hispanic-immigrants

https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Survey-Analysis/Demographics

Last edited:
Ever since I came to this country almost all my best friends have been white, maybe because they find me unique. Or is it because where I am there are more whites?

Nope, 13% vs. 63% is more like 5X (4.8 to be precise). By factoring the overall higher black poverty rate we went from 4.8X to 2X. I agree, naturally, that poverty affects crime rates but 2X is still a 100% increase in the crime rate which is in no way trivial or some rounding error. That's as close as we are likely to get using race, gender and low income.

I would guess that the remaining disparity is largely due to gang activity and that is most likely spurred by the lack of a father in the household - male peers (thugs?) take over that role. Both gang participation (outside of prison - inside gangs are nearly a must) and out-of-wedlock childbirth rates support (correlate) with this SWAG. I think that these two factors combined act as our (mysterious?) poverty and crime force multiplier.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/77-black-births-to-single-moms-49-for-hispanic-immigrants

https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Survey-Analysis/Demographics

Urban vs rural (population density and other factors) is significant.

Ultimately, what matters is whether skin color itself inclines one to crime. It doesn't. So, what is the meaning behind the "13% commits most"? Is that rhetoric intended to highlight poverty, marginalization and prejudice? Or is it intended to lay the blame for violence on skin color.

Urban vs rural (population density and other factors) is significant.

Ultimately, what matters is whether skin color itself inclines one to crime. It doesn't. So, what is the meaning behind the "13% commits most"? Is that rhetoric intended to highlight poverty, marginalization and prejudice? Or is it intended to lay the blame for violence on skin color.

I did not use, or attempt to use, skin color as a cause - that would not only be ridiculous it would be racist. I don't believe that criminal vs. social behavior is instinctual or inherited (beyond, perhaps, the basic fight or flight reflex) - the capability may well be there at birth in all humans but it is far more nurture (or lack thereof) than nature.

BTW, I offered two possibilities for consideration and supplied links to back up both as possible candidates by correlation (both are close to 2 to 1). No comment?

Last edited:
Hmm... If poor black males (7% of the population?) commit half of the violent crime and poor white males (7% of the population?) commit the other half of the violent crime then nobody (except poor black males and poor white males) commit any violent crime. Statistics sure are neat.

He said about half.

He said about half.

Yep, but reality is that black males commit abut two violent crimes for each committed by a white male. The number of crimes committed by both groups are indeed close to the same (50/50) but there are about twice as many poor white males (8.7 million) as poor black males (4.6 million).

That is still BS. Poor white males (8.7 miillion) is about twice as many people as poor black males (4.6 million). That still makes the poor black male crime rate about twice that of the poor white male crime rate.

U.S. Poverty Statistics - Federal Safety Net

SO whites are about 2/3 of the total, and commit almost 60 percent of the violent crimes.

Seems to support ecofarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom