• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White wine with the fish? Or some other drink?

• red wine

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • rosé

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • white wine

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • beer

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • shandy

• Coca Cola

• mineral water

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • water from the tap

• other drinks

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I do not eat fish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
who the hell voted beer?

my god....

I can see it with battered then fried fish. A little heavy though.

good point, i had not thought of fish served as such

yes, beer would indeed go well in this case

good point, i had not thought of fish served as such

yes, beer would indeed go well in this case

I don't know where you're from but if you're ever in, or near, Wiscasette Maine:

rfl_6363.jpg

Delicious battered fresh fish.

Since 1981, the Sea Basket has delighted locals and visitors alike with the finest in Maine seafood. Conveniently located on U.S. Route One in Wiscasset, we're close to wherever you're headed in Midcoast Maine.

The Sea Basket is known for great food and generous portions. We make our own cole slaw and onion rings. Our lobster stew is made with local fresh picked tail, claw, & knuckle meat; we NEVER use FROZEN lobster meat.

Always striving to improve our product, we have installed a brand new "state-of-the-art" frying system. It uses a heating process within the cooking area known as convection. Foods cook with crisper coatings because hot oil is forced between the individual pieces of food, and the outer coating gets seared quickly before the food can absorb as much oil as a standard frying system. This produces a product that is much lower in absorbed oils.

Sea Basket Restaurant

The question is:

What do you PERSONALLY like to drink with fish.

Not what some snobbish people tell you to drink.

snobbish people?

feel inferior much?

Fish swims 3 times. Once in water, once in butter, once in wine. At least according to a chef at the Island of Sylt. Best tasting seafood we ever had. Fresh from the ocean. We even had shrimp fresh from a boat.

Coca Cola. The real deal. Or a spicy kola carbonated beverage I make. Its coca cola with a kick. Bam!

never had it

I googled it and would love to try it

Remember its whole that means bones and head and tail almost always. I like eating fish, but I like to de-bone it before I cook it. It just works out better to eliminate the potential minefield before it hits the plate.

Remember its whole that means bones and head and tail almost always. I like eating fish, but I like to de-bone it before I cook it. It just works out better to eliminate the potential minefield before it hits the plate.

I saw.

I often eat grilled fish whole (not boned, with head and tail) My friend, a top restaurateur in NYC serves it like that to his friends. (the general public tends to reject anything not filleted)

I drink white wine with fish. The unoaked chardonnays of Burgundy are best with shellfish, particularly prawns. There is some magic going on with the combination. Crisp dry white wines like Sauvignon Blanc and Muscadet from Loire go very well with fish cooked in butter or cream as the acidity cuts through the creaminess. Guinness and oysters is a famous combination but I never cared for it.

Certainly a light red like Beaujolais works well with meatier fish like tuna. The tannin in heavier reds would clash with an oily fish like mackerel. Coke would only be a suitable accompaniment to a fillet o’ fish.

Back
Top Bottom