• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White wine with the fish? Or some other drink?

• red wine

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • rosé

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • white wine

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • beer

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • shandy

• Coca Cola

• mineral water

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • water from the tap

• other drinks

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I do not eat fish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Bass Ale w/fish & chips

Nearly everything except Coke ....

Last edited:
Red wine with the fish may be un-usual, but not impossible.

Drink whatever you like. Pretentious declarations of food/drink pairings don't float my boat. My taste buds dictate what goes with what.

Red wine with the fish may be un-usual, but not impossible.

Not unusual, just restricted by "common knowledge". Lots of light delicate reds that can complement a fish dish.

Drink whatever you like. Pretentious declarations of food/drink pairings don't float my boat. My taste buds dictate what goes with what.

Exactly! Personal preference reigns supreme!

You want a brunello with your branzino? Go for it.

Not unusual, just restricted by "common knowledge". Lots of light delicate reds that can complement a fish dish.

Yep. I worked in fine dining in Napa and the Russian River Valley... reds are fine with fish. White is fine with steak. Drink what you like is the real rule because many wines compliment the food, just in different ways.

The question is:

What do you PERSONALLY like to drink with fish.

Not what some snobbish people tell you to drink.

You mis-understand my thread completely.

I did not ask what some snobs "allow" you to drink.
But what YOU prefer to drink.

You post stupid threads!

2x white wine
2 x beer

From simple minds! ;)

a simple pleasure is the same experience shared by both the simple minded and the intellectual empowered. By both rich and poor. To me, the simple pleasures are emotional waterproofing enabling me to deal with life's daily vississitudes. Refreshing, cleansing, relaxing, inspiring, luxuriating all derived from things as simple as basking in the sun.

It entirely depends on the fish being served. If its fish n chips, nothing beats a good crisp beer for instance.

I like something light like a beaujolais with sole or any kind of sauted white fish.

I like a Coke with ice to accompany my grilled salmon (I know but I like the complement).

I'll knock back a gallon of chianti with my calamari or octopus if allowed.

a simple pleasure is the same experience shared by both the simple minded and the intellectual empowered. By both rich and poor. To me, the simple pleasures are emotional waterproofing enabling me to deal with life's daily vississitudes. Refreshing, cleansing, relaxing, inspiring, luxuriating all derived from things as simple as basking in the sun.

I was referring to the other poster in the post as a simple mind...

The question is:

What do you PERSONALLY like to drink with fish.

Not what some snobbish people tell you to drink.

If you have to explain your thread purpose this much.... it is a ****ty thread.

Now we have THREE voters! :peace

Voters 3

Only 3 fish-lovers here?

I voted for beer or mineral water. I'm not a big wine drinker, but when I have wine, it's red. Never desired to have it with fish though, if I did, it would be no problem, don't care for white wine at all. When we have salmon or other fish, we usually have it with beer.

Back
Top Bottom