• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White race-baiters.

I am completely convinced that if this case was the other way around the result would have been the same.
The LAW itself does not distinguish between black or hispanic or white.
And it should be clear by now that all members of the jury, including the ALTERNATE jurors (those folks totally got screwed) found George Zimmerman not guilty due to the facts and the LAW, not based upon race.

The law COULD have potential consequences, but it is rare. I would rather have that rare chance than to require citizens to become victims of violent crime and even murder in fear of prosecution for defending themselves.

As for the "including minority groups", yes you are correct, and that includes non-minorities as well. :shrug

You do realize that not everyone who claims self defense actually is found to have acted in self defense right?
In Florida alone, 73% of black americans defending themselves were acquitted, and 68% of white americans defending themselves were acquitted.
Which goes to show that there are many self defense claims that are found to not be in self defense.

The law doesn't have to distinguish between any race to be a bad one. And, it is this law that allows a person "no duty to retreat" and have a "right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force." Also, you can't claim that it is rare for this law to have potential consequences.

There are already self defense laws on the books so why add a law that gives the person that used deadly force added protection? To me that seems wrong. And, I'm glad you agree that people should be allowed to voice their concerns. I know my own concerns with the law and I also can see other POVs including the concerns of minority groups.

Not when they make it out to be a "blacks only" concern.

The same concerns the black community has about this law are the same with a person of any other ethnic group.

We live in a democratic society so civil rights groups will exist and have a duty and a right to speak on issues that effect minority groups.

The law doesn't have to distinguish between any race to be a bad one. And, it is this law that allows a person "no duty to retreat" and have a "right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force." Also, you can't claim that it is rare for this law to have potential consequences.

There are already self defense laws on the books so why add a law that gives the person that used deadly force added protection? To me that seems wrong. And, I'm glad you agree that people should be allowed to voice their concerns. I know my own concerns with the law and I also can see other POVs including the concerns of minority groups.

I may not be aligned with your particular POV but don't think for a second I do not respect you or give you validation for your opinions. As I mentioned earlier on, you bring up some valid and good points.

I think our disconnect regarding the SYG laws is that I am not willing to risk my life gambling whether or not my attacker will do serious bodily harm or death to me, before I react. I would certainly, however, when faced with a life or death situation, do my very best to evade the situation before I have to react with violent or lethal force. I would not just "stand my ground," just because I had a legal right to. Pride goeth before a fall. But if I'm cornered, fearing for my life, I'm gonna bust dat cap off in somebody's ass before I go down.

And, I do believe there is too much gray area in the law as it stands. That should be addressed but I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater. The law has it's place. But it could use some tweaking I suppose.

Now I can understand why the poverty pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton engage in their race-baiting garbage and insinuate that racism is a "white thing". Their motivations are clear enough, but what about all the liberal whites acting like they are apostles of the race-baiting poverty pimps. What is going through their minds? Are they projecting their own racism on everyone else and is that what causes the enormous white guilt effect so obvious in their rhetoric? I have no such white guilt problem. I see racism when there's actual racism, not at every opportunity to try to make things about race I don't think anybody owes anyone anything based on race and, in fact, based on anything other than mutual respect.

What the F*** is wrong with people? Why do you liberal "whites" feel that all your fellow "whites" are racist bastards that should be hanging their heads in shame over what they did to the poor blacks. Did you find out your great great grandaddy was a brutal slave-owner on a cotton planation or something? Explain your guilt because I don't get it. None of my ancestors had plantations or owned slaves. Hell, not many of my ancestors were even as high up economically as the middle class we aspired to become when I was a kid. Poor folks that are half Cuban and half Irish like me, growing up in poverty and struggling to get ahead sure as hell don't understand why some of you guilt-tripping white libs seem to feel that it's a bed of roses for white folks and that all white folks should be spending their lives apologizing for **** that they actually didn't have a damned thing to do with.

White guilt... can any of you libs all eaten up with it explain where the HELL it's coming from, because I just don't get it.

Papa Bull I knew there was a method to your madness.....

There are some though.......

But it seems only Fox and CNN bother to give them a spot on the camera.

(I could be wrong though)

In the modern world, it's impossible not to have a voice, you can post online, you can put up videos on YouTube, there's no real way to deny someone a means to speak in America.

In the modern world, it's impossible not to have a voice, you can post online, you can put up videos on YouTube, there's no real way to deny someone a means to speak in America.

But if that voice is drowned out by the troves of complete morons.... it seems a bit all for naught wouldn't you say?

But if that voice is drowned out by the troves of complete morons.... it seems a bit all for naught wouldn't you say?

That voice has to exist first and nobody can point to a sizable number of people telling Sharpton and Jackson where to shove it.

That voice has to exist first and nobody can point to a sizable number of people telling Sharpton and Jackson where to shove it.

Because that voice is being drowned out by the loud majority in said communities who fall for the Sharptons and Jacksons. And im not talking about just those two when I mention them. There are many many more "black church leaders" who seem to preach the same style message as Sharpton and Jackson all across the United States, in their own communities. This doesn't really help the "racial divide" one bit.

Because that voice is being drowned out by the loud majority in said communities who fall for the Sharptons and Jacksons. And im not talking about just those two when I mention them. There are many many more "black church leaders" who seem to preach the same style message as Sharpton and Jackson all across the United States, in their own communities. This doesn't really help the "racial divide" one bit.

That's not what I asked. Show me a significant number of black people online who are openly criticizing Sharpton and Jackson. Like I said, those voices have to exist first, where are they?

That's not what I asked. Show me a significant number of black people online who are openly criticizing Sharpton and Jackson. Like I said, those voices have to exist first, where are they?

There are some.... and Im not going to spend the time to show an arbitrarily unknown number of critics that you would accept......... just so you can say, "Oh thats only 8 people in the whole country!"

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

You are making a straw man and misusing statistics. The vast majority of all murder is intraracial(ie white on white, black on black). It has nothing to do with race per se, but that most people know mostly people of their same race, and most murders are of people known by the murderer. Racism is not the issue in most muders, though it is in a small few. This is what I was talking about in the other thread, about pointing fingers instead of talking about racism. Does not matter who is racist, it matters how to reduce racism. The OP running around throwing out intentionally inflammatory statements trying to get a reaction is hardly what you would call an honest discussion on race. You at least are smart enough to know better.

when there are interracial violent crimes 90% are done by blacks. how can you fix the problem with racism is you refuse to address where it comes from its like treating a cancer with out knowing where the cancer is, your problem is you just want to point the finger at whites and when that narrative is crushed you want to say it doesn't matter who are the racist

when there are interracial violent crimes 90% are done by blacks. how can you fix the problem with racism is you refuse to address where it comes from its like treating a cancer with out knowing where the cancer is, your problem is you just want to point the finger at whites and when that narrative is crushed you want to say it doesn't matter who are the racist

how many of those crimes commited by african american's are racially motivated?

There are some.... and Im not going to spend the time to show an arbitrarily unknown number of critics that you would accept......... just so you can say, "Oh thats only 8 people in the whole country!"

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

I'm saying, there needs to be a significant number of people who are standing up and saying "these people don't speak for us". There aren't. It isn't that they aren't allowed to speak, nobody can stop them, it's that they're not speaking, or don't exist, in significant numbers.

"White guilt" is the idea that the "white race" bears the responsibility for black slavery in the US, as well as for the descrimination against blacks since the time of the civil war in the US. As a component of "poltitical correctness", its purpose is to define a group in which whites and blacks can share equal status. The identity of this group, however, is amorphous because it is prototypical; that is, it is the pattern of any number of actual, identifiable, groups--kinda like a franchise. By adopting the precepts of this prototypical group, you can align your group with other groups who have also adopted its precepts. It's a supergroup, or maybe a "movement", designed to organize efforts to ameliorate the damage done to society by the period of slavery in the US and the following period of descrimination.

The aim of this bit of social engineering is lofty, but I expect it will largely fail on account of unintended consequences, as, sometimes, justice will take a back seat to reparation, and sometimes not.

Back
Top Bottom