• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White People and Cops Bad

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Yes. White people are bad and cops are bad.

Institutional Racism.

Systemic Racism.

It must be the fault of everybody other than black people...

But why do black people not try in school (for the most part) and why do black leaders not insist that black people try harder in school and educated themselves?

Institutional Racism.

Systemic Racism.

But why do black people not try in school (for the most part) and why do black leaders not insist that black people try harder in school and educated themselves?

There are a lot of people in the world...and not just blacks...who always want to blame someone else. Who won't take responsibility for themselves.

It's always someone else's fault.

Institutional Racism.

Systemic Racism.

This is a very ignorant post or a sick cruel joke.

Poor black children are much more likely to attend high-poverty schools than poor white children

Poor black children are much more likely to attend high-poverty schools than poor white children | Economic Policy Institute

There are a lot of people in the world...and not just blacks...who always want to blame someone else. Who won't take responsibility for themselves.

Mycroft and Bodhisattva, part of the 50 cent army.

He's from New Zealand. I'm trying to think of something New Zealanders contribute to the world... Well, looks like that post is it for now!

Institutional Racism.

Systemic Racism.

Maybe it is because the 'black leaders' are concerned that however much they 'insist' they will be ignored. Or that too many 'black' pupils lack the ability to achieve good results.

He's from New Zealand. I'm trying to think of something New Zealanders contribute to the world... Well, looks like that post is it for now!

The provide good film locations for things such as Lord of the Ring

I am not sure using the free lunch program enrollment as the metric in determining that really captures the broader issue. Maybe poor black children are more likely to enroll in the program than poor white children.

Bodhisattva's post was disgustingly ignorant. He basically claimed black kids simply don't try as hard as their white counterparts.

It is quite simple: Bodhisttava is blaming low-income blacks for not taking personal responsibility but completely ignoring the white society who created the problem.

Bodhi's solution: Blacks should fix the problem on their own even though they did not cause the problem.

Message to the OP: Educate yourself on white privilege.

Bodhisattva's post was disgustingly ignorant. He basically claimed black kids simply don't try as hard as their white counterparts.

It is quite simple: Bodhisttava is blaming low-income blacks for not taking personal responsibility but completely ignoring the white society who created the problem.

Bodhi's solution: Blacks should fix the problem on their own even though they did not cause the problem.

Message to the OP: Educate yourself on white privilege.

Regardless, the bigger problem as I see it is that black poverty is still way too concentrated especially in large urban areas. Since school districts are based on geography, many of these areas have built a Jim Crow system when it comes to education without needing to put up a whites only water fountain. A great many of these areas are also democratic controlled an outside the South which is why the "legacy of slavery" argument seems so pathetically laughable to me. We have here and now problems relegating blacks to poverty that get ignored by all this emotive South/Red State/Tear Down The Statues nonsense. The New York City Housing Authority might as well wear sheets with pointy hats to this very day.

Recents events really have allowed everyone to show their true colours.

Yeah, and?

I think the schools my great grandparents attended were far less funded then schools in black neighborhoods now. The idea that you need well funded schools to succeed is bogus because if it were true then all human civilization would be dirt poor. The cap would’ve been hit and no improvement made,

What you see in black communities is many fatherless homes, lack of positive role models, high rates of abortion, and also a massive conspiracy attitude. (The police are oppressing me, the CIA sold crack in my neighborhoods, the Jews are controlling everything, the system is stacked against me) those types of attitudes are the worst ones to have because the result of believing you’re merely a victim will be that one remains a victim.

Sure... Ernest Rutherford splitting the atom... Michael Faraday and nuclear physics... bungee jumping... the disposable hypodermic needle... instant coffee... the jetpack... should I keep going? Beef Wellington... first up Mt Everest... :lol:

The provide good film locations for things such as Lord of the Ring

Tom Cruise rented a house down the street from me when he came here to film The Last Samurai.

He would get fish n chips from our fish shop.

Institutional Racism.

Systemic Racism.

You forgot orange man, he bad.

Tom Cruise rented a house down the street from me when he came here to film The Last Samurai.

He would get fish n chips from our fish shop.

We used to have regular movie production in our area due to a now closed sound stage some rapper built about 30 miles away and the state promoting this area for movies. Not aware of anything since 2008 though Spielberg flew in awhile back. Not sure if he was scouting, sightseeing or researching. He met with a group of people to hear some of their stories about something they had in common, but that is all anybody really knows. It was done on the downlow until photos started showing up on facebook. City leaders were huffy about it because they were not informed that his greatness would be in the area ahead of time.

We used to have regular movie production in our area due to a now closed sound stage some rapper built about 30 miles away and the state promoting this area for movies. Not aware of anything since 2008 though Spielberg flew in awhile back. Not sure if he was scouting, sightseeing or researching. He met with a group of people to hear some of their stories about something they had in common, but that is all anybody really knows. It was done on the downlow until photos started showing up on facebook. City leaders were huffy about it because they were not informed that his greatness would be in the area ahead of time.

I was driving along the PCH in Long Beach (one of my many times) and noticed filming going on the beach and then I noticed Baywatch tents... I parked and walked down expecting to not get close... instead I was walking around and started to walk out onto the beach and asked a guy if I could... he said sure... just go out if you want although you might be in a shot as an extra... I was kinda shocked and sat out on the beach for an hour or so as they filmed. Actors were running around on the sand and from a life guard tower. No idea if I am one of those people you see blurry in the background or not. I got a little bored and decided to leave... :lol:

I was driving along the PCH in Long Beach (one of my many times) and noticed filming going on the beach and then I noticed Baywatch tents... I parked and walked down expecting to not get close... instead I was walking around and started to walk out onto the beach and asked a guy if I could... he said sure... just go out if you want although you might be in a shot as an extra... I was kinda shocked and sat out on the beach for an hour or so as they filmed. Actors were running around on the sand and from a life guard tower. No idea if I am one of those people you see blurry in the background or not. I got a little bored and decided to leave... :lol:

If Pamela was there I would have to fake drown :lol:

I went to college in the DC area so being around filming or running into random celebrities news/actors or otherwise was pretty common. I became one of those jaded people who used to walk around their standup but then I was eff it, I am gonna be on somebody's new broadcast cause I am sick of walking around these people. Seems like there is always somebody filming something at the Lincoln Memorial for instance.

If Pamela was there I would have to fake drown :lol:

I went to college in the DC area so being around filming or running into random celebrities news/actors or otherwise was pretty common. I became one of those jaded people who used to walk around their standup but then I was eff it, I am gonna be on somebody's new broadcast cause I am sick of walking around these people. Seems like there is always somebody filming something at the Lincoln Memorial for instance.

I would like to go to Washington DC some day... especially that whole museum and monument sector.

I didn't recognize any of the stars... I was a bit far off. I have met many celebrities and tons of sports stars. I worked in some fine dining places, trendy spots and 5 star hotels. As head waiter in a bunch of these places I got the best tables... One guy I waited on a bunch was Fabio. He would come in with a guy or two and a few hot ladies and always order off the menu. The manager would then run around to the other restaurants getting ingredients for his dishes while I made sure that he and his guests were happy. :lol:

Chuck Finley and Tawny Kitaen were two regulars... super nice and down to earth at California Pizza Kitchen, when there were only two of them.

And every now and then u find a person where

It really IS

Other people's fault

Anne Frank comes to mind...victims of extreme child abuse
/Neglect

He's from the U.S., living in NZ.

I would like to go to Washington DC some day... especially that whole museum and monument sector.

I didn't recognize any of the stars... I was a bit far off. I have met many celebrities and tons of sports stars. I worked in some fine dining places, trendy spots and 5 star hotels. As head waiter in a bunch of these places I got the best tables... One guy I waited on a bunch was Fabio. He would come in with a guy or two and a few hot ladies and always order off the menu. The manager would then run around to the other restaurants getting ingredients for his dishes while I made sure that he and his guests were happy. :lol:

Chuck Finley and Tawny Kitaen were two regulars... super nice and down to earth at California Pizza Kitchen, when there were only two of them.

Plan to walk a lot and spend some days if you are going to try to hit up all the different Smithsonian museums alone. Avoid the Holocaust Museum. It requires admission and is such a downer place.

I would hear a lot about celebrities just from people who work in restaurants, especially if they were jerks to people. One of my house mates worked in a hotel restaurant but everybody knew somebody who had waited on you no matter who you were in celebrity land. I am not sure they realize that being a jerk to someone in a restaurant in DC spreads at the speed of light throughout that city. Tiger Woods was renowned for being a difficult person.

Institutional Racism.

Systemic Racism.

Because Trump has demonstrated that you can make it all the way to the top just by blaming other people for everything.

lol

Judging a demonstration strictly by its violent participants but refusing to judge a police force by its most violent cops is the language of the oppressor.

Back
Top Bottom