• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

white pages

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Hello,

I searched in the white pages the name of a person I know. I was surprised that the names of a couple people unrelated to him by blood or marriage showed up next to his name. Am wondering why those names are there? How they got there? Any idea? Am curious.

Hello,

I searched in the white pages the name of a person I know. I was surprised that the names of a couple people unrelated to him by blood or marriage showed up next to his name. Am wondering why those names are there? How they got there? Any idea? Am curious.

rofl - seriously?

Glowpun, you need a new hobby.

I blame Obama, for no valid reason whatsoever.

Hello,

And the white pages conspiracy strikes again!

April 1st was yesterday, pal! :doh

Ha! Finding answers to what makes me curious IS my hobby.

It's online telephone grouping - which doesn't do any sort of research. People are associated by living on the same street, house, just by having the last name or other commonplace occurrence together. It means nothing.

Okay, I'll bite.

What are white pages?

Please tell me that you know what a phone book is. It hasn't been that long since they disappeared.

lol...I don't have a landline and neither does anyone I know unless they have kids in school who don't have their own cell...does anyone under 70 still possess one :shock:

I can think of at least one, damn it!!

:lol:

Please tell me that you know what a phone book is. It hasn't been that long since they disappeared.

They haven't disappeared altogether. They still leave them at our mailboxes, and they usually end up on the ground to rot away. :D

lol...I don't have a landline and neither does anyone I know unless they have kids in school who don't have their own cell...does anyone under 70 still possess one :shock:

Lots of us "country folk" do, because cell service sucks out here, and we need an emergency line for power outages. Plus, DSL is the only internet service besides satellite out here.

Me.

And I'm not giving it up. I will never have a smartphone again. I have come to appreciate things like silence, people watching, napping, fishing and sneering at people who text and walk.

There used to be a joke about the black guy who wondered why black people were listed in the white pages. I think it was on the Red Skelton Show

Me.

And I'm not giving it up. I will never have a smartphone again. I have come to appreciate things like silence, people watching, napping, fishing and sneering at people who text and walk.

There used to be a joke about the black guy who wondered why black people were listed in the white pages. I think it was on the Red Skelton Show

hehe...my smartphone is "crazy" glued to me...I text frequently but that is just to enhance my phone yap experience...when all the power grids go down for good, I will die

They haven't disappeared altogether. They still leave them at our mailboxes, and they usually end up on the ground to rot away. :D

Mine goes from the driveway to the recycle bin. I do have one phone book sitting on my counter but it's only real purpose is to just sit there. I can't remember the last time I opened it.

Mine goes from the driveway to the recycle bin. I do have one phone book sitting on my counter but it's only real purpose is to just sit there. I can't remember the last time I opened it.

When I lived in San Diego, they used to come in two or three parts. :D Now the ones they send are Reader's Digest time. Of course, I don't live in the big city.

Back
Top Bottom