• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White nationalists go wild for Tucker Carlson's "great replacement" theory

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

4/14/21
White nationalists, members of the far right and the guru of the neofascist "Groyper" movement are delighted with Tucker Carlson's racially charged "great replacement" remarks made on his primetime Fox News program. Last week, Carlson stirred up controversy by claiming Democrats are deliberately seeking to change U.S. demographics for their own political advantage. "In order to win and maintain power, Democrats plan to change the population of the country," Carlson stated a week ago in a 20-minute monologue. If you change the population, you dilute the political power of the people who live there. So every time they import a new voter, I become disenfranchised as a current voter. Since then, white nationalists and other denizens of the far right have offered the Fox News host praise for his "great replacement" commentary. Carlson's remarks strongly echo rhetoric pushed by overt white supremacists, who have suggested that white Christians in English-speaking countries are becoming endangered by immigration and growing demographic diversity. Media Matters for America reporter Eric Hananoki pointed out that the white nationalist website VDARE, published by alt-right figure Peter Brimelow, called Carlson's remarks "one of the best things Fox News has ever aired."

Leading white nationalist Nicholas Fuentes, whose "Groyper Army" appeals to disaffected young white men, also offered Carlson praise. "I have been skeptical of Tucker ever since his coverage (or lack thereof) of the stop the steal movement after the election, but tonight he really brought it all together & spelled out explicitly what is happening to the country," Fuentes wrote on Twitter. But the outpouring of support didn't stop there. In a Telegram message, Newsmax host and far-right pundit Michelle Malkin weighted in on Carlson's comments: "Glad to see Tucker Carlson step up now and finally name names of America's enemies. Hope he pays homage to those who came before him and have had the courage to name them and fight them, long before our generation did." A Fox News spokesperson declined to comment on the record about the outpouring of support Carlson has received from the racist fringe of the far right.

FOX didn't distance itself from Carlson's tinfoil racist beliefs. Oftentimes silence tells you all you need to know.

Tucker Carlson doesn't see color.

Tucker Carlson doesn't see color.
Tucker Carlson does not know his ass from a 2x4. But oh how the Right sucks his drivel up.

One point Tucker misses and simply glosses over is that Immigrants do not arrive here as Citizens. They HAVE no voting rights when they land on our shores. So this whole notion of "importing voters" is painfully naive and painfully flawed and therefore perfectly digestible for your average Trumper.

FOX didn't distance itself from Carlson's tinfoil racist beliefs. Oftentimes silence tells you all you need to know.
The Trump Klan Party, the party of racists, white supremacists, white nationalists. The right wing media, the media that stokes hate, violence, fear and racism. The people who ingest the conspiracies, fear mongering and lies of the right wing media like Fox. low intelligence, gullible, brainwashed trash. Sad state of affairs in this country, this kind of inciting the right wing extremists should be criminal. Enough is enough already, guess the insurrection of January 6, 2021 meant nothing to the trump worshipers, they are anti-American, anti-democracy.....they want more attacks and killings. That is not America.

A great deal of what is now coming to the fore, was explained clearly a long time ago. Here is Peter Brimelow (mentioned in the excerpt from the OP) discussing his book Alien Nation. Now 25 years later it is all taking far more manifest shape.

He only sees ratings and money rolling in as his dog whistling to far right white supremacy extremism work to the benefit of both.
I think this is a near absolutely unintelligent comment. First, the people who are concerned about immigration, about 'white well-being', and all the issues that surround it, are often very much patriots and define themselves as such.

What you do is to say, and you have no justifiable right to do so, none, that they are not patriots, that their values mean nothing and are false values, false concerns. This is completely incorrect and it is also vile.

A great deal of what is now coming to the fore, was explained clearly a long time ago. Here is Peter Brimelow (mentioned in the excerpt from the OP) discussing his book Alien Nation. Now 25 years later it is all taking far more manifest shape.
I think this is a near absolutely unintelligent comment. First, the people who are concerned about immigration, about 'white well-being', and all the issues that surround it, are often very much patriots and define themselves as such.

What you do is to say, and you have no justifiable right to do so, none, that they are not patriots, that their values mean nothing and are false values, false concerns. This is completely incorrect and it is also vile.
That's exactly the kind of rhetoric that the 1/06 attackers used.

My post stands. Tucker Carlson is primarily interested in ratings and the subsequent money that he will get because of them and if that means stooping to engege with white supremacists, then he is not a big embarrassed to do so.
And do you consider white supremacists to be patriots? What are their “values” of which you speak?

Last edited:

It's interesting, you seem to be able to understand that these people are not patriots (even if they think they are, but they only love their part of America and not all of America), yet you still want to defend them.

Can you quote anything actually racist from him? Your fake race wiring claims don't count.
The white replacement theory is a racist idea.

Nor is Carlson the first person to promote the theory, which is alternatively known as "White replacement theory" or simply "replacement theory." It's long been an underlying theory of the White supremacist movement; you'll remember the White supremacists chanted "You will not replace us" as they paraded through the streets of Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017.

Then quote him saying something racist.
His spreading of the white replacement theory is a white supremacist idea.

“You Will Not Replace Us” is a white supremacist slogan that became popular in early 2017, as did its acronym version, YWNRU. The slogan appeared on white supremacist flyers, banners and graffiti in a variety of places in the first six months of 2017, gaining wider attention when white supremacists used the phrase at several rallies held in Charlottesville, Virginia, culminating in the large and violent Unite the Right event in August 2017.

The slogan is a reference to the popular white supremacist belief that the white race is in danger of extinction by a rising tide of non-whites who are controlled and manipulated by Jews (in fact, one variant of “You Will Not Replace Us” is “Jews Will Not Replace Us”).

“You Will Not Replace Us” may have been derived in part from “The Great Replacement,” a theory promoted by French writer Renaud Camus in a 2012 book of the same name. Camus argued that Europe was being overrun by mass migration of black and/or Muslim immigrants from outside Europe, who would replace traditional European culture with their own “alien” culture. Such arguments evolved into “replacement theory,” which became popular with the far right in several European countries, especially among Identitarians. Replacement theory was promoted as early as 2015 by American white supremacist groups such as Generation Identity U.S.A.

Me thinks Tucker is the new villain to replace former President Trump.

That's exactly the kind of rhetoric that the 1/06 attackers used.
It seems to me that any sort of attack, invasion of a government building, destruction of property, and certainly violence against police or officials must be condemned, and I assume that you agree. And those who invaded the Capitol should be condemned.

At the same time, and in far greater numbers, and for months at a time, Left-Progressives and anarchists (I will let them define themselves) carried out similar and far more egregious violence, rioting, invasions and occupations. To be honest though the violence an mayhem of the Left-Progressives was infinitely more violent and destructive.

So proportionately there is a pretty big difference.

But the larger issue -- the salient point really -- is the definition of 'patriot'. I did not say that those who refer to themselves as patriots necessarily met my criteria for patrotism, but what I do say is that they define themselves as patriots. And they see themselves as patriots. But be that as it may they are citizens and my assertion is that they have just as much right as any citizen in declaring themselves patriots and defining what they mean by patriotism, as you, and as anyone else.

And that is why I said:
The actual fact here is that the nation of America is in conflict and disarray about its identity. And this is why the polity is divided. And these factions and camps have very different ideas about what patriotism is and should be.

His spreading of the white replacement theory is a white supremacist idea.

I am still waiting for a quote from tucker.

It's interesting, you seem to be able to understand that these people are not patriots (even if they think they are, but they only love their part of America and not all of America), yet you still want to defend them.
If you read what I write with care I believe that you can see that my larger interest is to try to better understand everyone, and each *platform*. I try to be judicious in what I say and also how I express it.

Where I step into the hornet's nest and aggravate the hornets is when I directly condemn what I have recently been labeling Postmodern Critical Theory-derived ideas of the sort that empowers 'woke' social justice activism. And that is because I study this mode of thought and I have become aware a) that it is fundamentally destructive, b) that it is based in distorted first principles, and c) that it must be confronted and also defeated.

I do not know what a *proper patriot* is, at least not today. I submitted a talk by Samual Francis on another thread here where he reveals what Americans, including Founders, had to say about patriotism and national identity, and let me say it is 1980 degrees different from what you-plural assert.

You are astounding ideologues, but you are so found up in your ideology and it so possesses you that you are unable to see it. That is my main assertion. And I can prove all of it.

If you mean that they are both fond of playing footsies with white supremacists, then you would be correct.
Very good, I think you are getting closer to what the *truth* actually is. Both Donald Trump and Tucker Carlson, and dozens of other figures most of whom are White/Caucasian, are beginning to react against 'what is being done to the country' and what, ultimately, is being done tho their demographic. So this is a fact and it needs to be seen as such. Pat Buchanan and Ann Coulter are also examples of people -- American citizens with standing as such -- who object to what is happening to their country. And they take it upon themselves -- social responsibility, the responsibility of a citizen -- to enter the political fray and express themselves, and to advocate for their sense of right and also of values.

It is this that you define as 'white supremacy'. You take possession of the language and you use the language as you are able to do harm to your opponents.

But the ideas that they work with -- their sentiments, their values, their ideas and ideals -- are absolutely legitimate, and you have no special right to condemn them. That is, you do not have the *absolute right* that you give yourself to do so.

You need to be seen and condemned for your own specific semi-fascistic absolutism. Your entire assumption about yourself and your 'values' is questionable. It can all be, and it should be, closely examined.

If you read what I write with care I believe that you can see that my larger interest is to try to better understand everyone, and each *platform*. I try to be judicious in what I say and also how I express it.

Where I step into the hornet's nest and aggravate the hornets is when I directly condemn what I have recently been labeling Postmodern Critical Theory-derived ideas of the sort that empowers 'woke' social justice activism. And that is because I study this mode of thought and I have become aware a) that it is fundamentally destructive, b) that it is based in distorted first principles, and c) that it must be confronted and also defeated.

I do not know what a *proper patriot* is, at least not today. I submitted a talk by Samual Francis on another thread here where he reveals what Americans, including Founders, had to say about patriotism and national identity, and let me say it is 1980 degrees different from what you-plural assert.

You are astounding ideologues, but you are so found up in your ideology and it so possesses you that you are unable to see it. That is my main assertion. And I can prove all of it.
America is in a cultural transition, which appears has been building probably since the 80s (at least visibly since the 80s). During phases of cultural transition a lot of "dust is kicked up" so to speak (meaning grievances, traumas, and frustrations that could not previously be expressed are able to be expressed) and in times where those underlying themes have been building (sometimes for decades or centuries) there is going to need to be time for the angst to get worked out and during times of angst, people can sometimes go a little far and right now all groups are going a little too far.

The real question what will be the result, because this process is going to play out whether we like it or not.

If you mean that they are both fond of playing footsies with white supremacists, then you would be correct.
footsies? Are you 12?

Back
Top Bottom