• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White man resists arrest fights cops but doesn't get shot

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
This is what it looks like when police do their job and don't shoot someone unnecessarily.

Amazing, white guy goes "postal" on cops, attacks them, fights them, goes for their weapons - - DOES NOT GET SHOT.

Amazing, white guy goes "postal" on cops, attacks them, fights them, goes for their weapons - - DOES NOT GET SHOT.

Are we to assume these same cops would have shot a black man doing something similar?

Are we to assume these same cops would have shot a black man doing something similar?

You been in a years long coma? :coffeepap

I'm wondering what the cop was saving his second taser-barb for.

Most cop tasers have double fire channels. I heard only one barb-discharge in the video.

You been in a years long coma? :coffeepap

Surely you realize there are lots of cases of black people struggling with the police and not getting shot?

Surely you realize there are lots of cases of black people struggling with the police and not getting shot?

It certainly seems that bullets are being used with some discrimination..........and don’t call me Shirley.....:mrgreen:

You can tell by the look that the first cop gave to the second cop... they were not going to shoot because the guy was white but that look said it all... if this ****er was black I would be shooting his black ass dead.

Woah! Wait a minute... are you suggesting that white cops do not assassinate every black person that they interact with?

Do you have evidence to back this outrageous claim up?

And later died at the hospital.

I think I'll wait for the final explanation.

This is what it looks like when police do their job and don't shoot someone unnecessarily.

Lots of individual factors can come into play.

But the fact that blacks are an astounding, mind blowing 5 times more likely to commit murder factors in on some level, which is understandable.

Do you comprehend the vast nature of the difference there? It’s not 5% more likely, not 50% more likely, it’s 500% more likely to murder.

And that's what an assault looks like as opposed to what the rightwing claims was "assault" by George Floyd and Jacob Blake.

Last edited:

A black man would have been shot immediately after breaking free before he even got to his feet.

Lots of individual factors can come into play.

But the fact that blacks are an astounding, mind blowing 5 times more likely to commit murder factors in on some level, which is understandable.

Do you comprehend the vast nature of the difference there? It’s not 5% more likely, not 50% more likely, it’s 500% more likely to murder.

Wow, that comment confirms that there's no limit to the excuses for murdering black men.

Understood, and if Floyd had collapsed and expired at the hospital or in the back of a paddy wagon, South Minneapolis wouldn't have seen much more than a funeral.

Using the time to come up with as many lame excuses you can for why he wasn't shot in the restaurant?

If you resist arrest you should expect to be shot. It should be a part of your calculations. Is it worth dying for? If you are not shot, be pleasantly surprised and consider yourself lucky (unless your intent was suicide by cop).

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Was the reason they didn't shoot him the safety of the people nearby? If it weren't for that safety, would they have been justified in shooting him?

It's something to note that we want police to use less lethal options when possible, but that they don't always work, just as we saw this guy not stopped by the taser.

Did they not shot the fool because they were showing favoritism or because they are now afraid to protect themselves as per their training because of they expect repercussions such as being sued, fired and vilified in the press.

Was the reason they didn't shoot him the safety of the people nearby? If it weren't for that safety, would they have been justified in shooting him?

It's something to note that we want police to use less lethal options when possible, but that they don't always work, just as we saw this guy not stopped by the taser.

Inexplicably, the cops only used 1 taser-barb on this individual. They had 3 more taser-barbs available, but let him go crazy instead of using them.

Not what I would call a textbook example of take-down procedure.

Good police work, avoiding lethal force in a dangerous situation. Really puts things into perspective when compared to instances where lethal force was used in a much less dangerous situation.

A black man would have been shot immediately after breaking free before he even got to his feet.

That's not what the data suggests.

According to CDC WISQARS, in 2018 there were 85,075 people injured by legal intervention. 26,852 were non-Hispanic white, leaving 58,493 POC. According to CDC WISQARS, in 2018 there were 311 POC killed by legal intervention. That's a total of 58,804 POC killed or injured by legal intervention. The ration of injured to the total is .9947, signifying that 99.47% of POC survive being injured by legal intervention.

For non-Hispanic whites, those numbers are 307 killed and 26,582 injured for a total of 26,889. That's a white survival rate of 307/26,899, or 98.85%.

WISQARS Fatal Injury Reports

In 2018, the police arrested 3.5 million POC. 311 were killed by legal intervention.

FBI — Table 43

Back
Top Bottom