• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White Male Choking a Minority Female- Do you Condone This Behavior?

Do you support transgenders being allowed to compete in sports, against smaller, weaker opponents?

• Total voters

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What odd times we find ourselves in. Men are accused of committing a sexist microaggresion if we compliment a woman's appearance on the one hand, while men are encouraged to beat the holy crap out of women in competitive sports, if they're transgender. Don't pictures of a white dude trashing girls of color make you cringe? It does me.

Transgender wrestler Mack Beggs closing the windpipe of a female wrestler, while restraining her arm behind her

DvsoBarWwAICM4a

Mack Beggs strutting off the canvas, after trouncing a much smaller Latina at the Texas state girl's championship

ct-mack-beggs-transgender-wrestler-texas-20180225

Do you support transgenders being allowed to compete in sports, when their trans status is a clear advantage for them, due to strength, hormone treatment, etc?

I’d lik to see them roller derby. They still do that in sports arenas?

Wtf...that's shameful. Come on people, how can this be right?

Absolutely not. We do not allow these kind of physiological disparities in "cisgender" sports. Heavyweight biologically-male boxers are not allowed to compete against Featherweight biologically-male boxers.

What odd times we find ourselves in. Men are accused of committing a sexist microaggresion if we compliment a woman's appearance on the one hand, while men are encouraged to beat the holy crap out of women in competitive sports, if they're transgender. Don't pictures of a white dude trashing girls of color make you cringe? It does me.

Transgender wrestler Mack Beggs closing the windpipe of a female wrestler, while restraining her arm behind her

DvsoBarWwAICM4a

Mack Beggs strutting off the canvas, after trouncing a much smaller Latina at the Texas state girl's championship

Do you support transgenders being allowed to compete in sports, when their trans status is a clear advantage for them, due to strength, hormone treatment, etct
Choke holds are prohibited in wrestling. If the guy is "much larger" than his opponents, something is wrong - wrestlers are paired by weight class.

That said, I'm not in favor of transgendered males competing with females; as I understand even after hormone therapy and operation vestigial masculine muscle strength remains.

There was another thread here some time ago that related to Mack Beggs.

Mack was born female and is transitioning from female to male.

TX policy is that a student must compete in the gender of their birth certificate.

Mack identifies as male. He wants to wrestle boys as that is the gender he identifies as.

Texas says no.

Okay, we have ****ed this all up. Transgender was never intended to be about competitive advantage.

There was another thread here some time ago that related to Mack Beggs.

Mack was born female and is transitioning from female to male.

TX policy is that a student must compete in the gender of their birth certificate.

Mack identifies as male. He wants to wrestle boys as that is the gender he identifies as.

Texas says no.

Texas should bar hormone treatments as PEDs and this problem would be solved.

I choose not to be upset by people whose lives may have been a living hell from living according to their authentic identity. Including when it comes to sports.

Now for those who struggle to read properly, notice that this is not the same as giving full support to trans athletes who have transitioned being given full privileges that their cis counterparts get. It appears that this is another transgender issue where I need to study up.

Texas should bar hormone treatments as PEDs and this problem would be solved.

Or... there’s another solution.

Think real hard.

Because then asthmatics couldn’t compete in sports, since non medical use of albuterol inhalers would be considered a PED.

Or... there’s another solution.

Think real hard.

Because then asthmatics couldn’t compete in sports, since non medical use of albuterol inhalers would be considered a PED.

Have male, female and open class sports. Let the games begin.

DvsoBarWwAICM4a

Do you support transgenders being allowed to compete in sports, when their trans status is a clear advantage for them, due to strength, hormone treatment, etc?

Transgenders should NOT be in the sport of the born sex that they are not of... period.

This is ridiculous. A couple of years ago, a female olympic level swimmer transitioned to male, and was relegated to swim with the male team, where he understandably had a considerable disadvantage; he understood and accepted this.

Now we have a female wrestler transitioning to male, and still competing with females instead of being moved to the male team; utterly ridiculous.

Sports needs to get its act together when it comes to transgenders, who should be treated as the gender they associate with, especially after they have begun the transition process.

This is ridiculous. A couple of years ago, a female olympic level swimmer transitioned to male, and was relegated to swim with the male team, where he understandably had a considerable disadvantage; he understood and accepted this.

Now we have a female wrestler transitioning to male, and still competing with females instead of being moved to the male team; utterly ridiculous.

Sports needs to get its act together when it comes to transgenders, who should be treated as the gender they associate with, especially after they have begun the transition process.

I wonder what sports teams will do when hermaphrodites start making themselves known and agitate for their rights?

I wonder what sports teams will do when hermaphrodites start making themselves known and agitate for their rights?

Are you ****ing kidding? Seriously... where on earth is your head at when you would post such idiocy? Transgenders have the right to choose which gender they identify with; when they have gone far enough to have passed the myriad psychological tests and physiological medical decisions that hormonal and other therapies are required to adjust to the gender identification that these individuals have suffered trauma for years, why would you disrespect their choice in such a public and callous way? I have respected your positions until now; perhaps I do not understand what you are trying to say.

Are you ****ing kidding? Seriously... where on earth is your head at when you would post such idiocy? Transgenders have the right to choose which gender they identify with; when they have gone far enough to have passed the myriad psychological tests and physiological medical decisions that hormonal and other therapies are required to adjust to the gender identification that these individuals have suffered trauma for years, why would you disrespect their choice in such a public and callous way? I have respected your positions until now; perhaps I do not understand what you are trying to say.

Red:
Well, yeah...basically.

I'm not sure how you got to trans folks from my remark about hermaphrodites, but whatever for, as I said, yes, I was just being ridiculous. Truly, though, you aren't a person whom I expected would even dignify my comment with a reply, but I'll "own" that it was "my bad" in quoting your post when I made the remark. Sorry for that. I also shouldn't have emboldened the whole of the sentence I did. I was just focused on the "Sports should get its act together" part. My bad again.

Last edited:
I think that allowing transgender athletes to compete with their chosen gender is okay as long as it comes with some caveats and additional testing. This article points to a study that concludes MtF transgender athletes lose any advantage over cisgender women after a year of hormone therapy.

That works for high-level competition that can perform the testing required. It gets a little harder if we're talking about something like high school sports where a lot of schools probably aren't going to have the resources to perform regular hormone testing on student athletes.

Choke holds are prohibited in wrestling. If the guy is "much larger" than his opponents, something is wrong - wrestlers are paired by weight class.

That said, I'm not in favor of transgendered males competing with females; as I understand even after hormone therapy and operation vestigial masculine muscle strength remains.

You can't simply wrap your arm around someone's neck, but you most certainly are allowed to choke them with their own arm, as in a headlock throw....or more likely, after you've thrown them and are on the mat.

Transgenders should compete against other transgenders.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Way I see it, if I'm wrestling a transgender person, and they beat me. I'm not going to point out that my sex is inferior because of my own shortcomings. Or lesson their victory by cheapening it.

I knew what they were when I agreed to compete.

I am confident in my own abilities.

I've seen girls compete with boys and win plenty of times at wrestling. And if the boy complains he lost to a girl, and girls shouldn't compete, I've lost respect for that boy.

No two people whether they share a gender or not is going to come into a competition with the same muscle strength, same preparation, and same endurance.

No two people whether they share a gender or not is going to come into a competition born on an equal play field. I was born stronger than my brother. Inherently stronger. Should I be kept from competing with him, is he lesser by virtue of birth?

No.

It's not always the stronger, or the faster.

If you have a problem with a trans athlete, and you reduce their whole life down to a transition so they can have an easier time competing. Then you are projecting your own fears, not describing a situation. You couldn't cut, so you think they can't, and they found a loophole to win. Because winning is everything, worth everything, even cutting off your penis when wouldn't normally.

No.

You lessen their achievements, and lessen the achievements of the people who beat them, when you play your crybaby it's not fair bull****.

Time to realize equal means equal, not regular equality for these people and equality preferred plus for yours. This isn't a rewards program you get to pay a lil more for the special lounge.

Dude want's to be a lady, she's a lady. She wants to compete, let her compete. There are plenty of natural born women capable of beating a mediocre athlete with a birth advantage. They do it everyday against the other athletes who were born taller, faster, and stronger from their own gender.

Way I see it, if I'm wrestling a transgender person, and they beat me. I'm not going to point out that my sex is inferior because of my own shortcomings. Or lesson their victory by cheapening it.

I knew what they were when I agreed to compete.

I am confident in my own abilities.

I've seen girls compete with boys and win plenty of times at wrestling. And if the boy complains he lost to a girl, and girls shouldn't compete, I've lost respect for that boy.

No two people whether they share a gender or not is going to come into a competition with the same muscle strength, same preparation, and same endurance.

No two people whether they share a gender or not is going to come into a competition born on an equal play field. I was born stronger than my brother. Inherently stronger. Should I be kept from competing with him, is he lesser by virtue of birth?

No.

It's not always the stronger, or the faster.

If you have a problem with a trans athlete, and you reduce their whole life down to a transition so they can have an easier time competing. Then you are projecting your own fears, not describing a situation. You couldn't cut, so you think they can't, and they found a loophole to win. Because winning is everything, worth everything, even cutting off your penis when wouldn't normally.

No.

You lessen their achievements, and lessen the achievements of the people who beat them, when you play your crybaby it's not fair bull****.

Time to realize equal means equal, not regular equality for these people and equality preferred plus for yours. This isn't a rewards program you get to pay a lil more for the special lounge.

Dude want's to be a lady, she's a lady. She wants to compete, let her compete. There are plenty of natural born women capable of beating a mediocre athlete with a birth advantage. They do it everyday against the other athletes who were born taller, faster, and stronger from their own gender.

girls competing with boys should be fine but boys/men that want ot compete with girls should not be allowed at all...

girls competing with boys should be fine but boys/men that want ot compete with girls should not be allowed at all...

I think you forgot the rest of your post bud, you know the part where you explain the reasons.

I am about as pro-trans as it get gets. Bathrooms, locker rooms, I really don’t care. I’ll call you by whatever pronoun you want to be called. It is no skin off my nose.

But combat sports like wrestling, boxing and MMA? No. At least not for Male-to-female transgendered. There may be a way to screen out any unfair advantages one day, but we aren’t there yet. Everything I have seen shows that on average trans women have an unfair advantage in many types of sports.

I think we just have to accept that some medical conditions or biology stop us from doing everything we want to do.

Back
Top Bottom