• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White Male Choking a Minority Female- Do you Condone This Behavior?

Do you support transgenders being allowed to compete in sports, against smaller, weaker opponents?

• Total voters
Actually, this should be left to the competitors. If they don't mind, who am I to complain?

I think you forgot the rest of your post bud, you know the part where you explain the reasons.

Because men competing against women is unfair. Strong men are always stronger than strong women.

Actually, this should be left to the competitors. If they don't mind, who am I to complain?

They do complain... especially girls that have to compete against boy... but the girls are told to shut up and not compete if they have a problem with it.

They do complain... especially girls that have to compete against boy... but the girls are told to shut up and not compete if they have a problem with it.

What about other unfair advantages? What if someone is just born huge, long legged etc but is competing against others who are a bit shorter?

This is ridiculous. A couple of years ago, a female olympic level swimmer transitioned to male, and was relegated to swim with the male team, where he understandably had a considerable disadvantage; he understood and accepted this.

Now we have a female wrestler transitioning to male, and still competing with females instead of being moved to the male team; utterly ridiculous.

Sports needs to get its act together when it comes to transgenders, who should be treated as the gender they associate with, especially after they have begun the transition process.

Reverse your examples and we have men competing against women and defeating them... or hurting them... this is unfair, wrong and immoral.

Because men competing against women is unfair. Strong men are always stronger than strong women.

Strong men, competing against weaker men is also unfair, cry me a river.

7'2" guys playing in the NBA against 6'6" guys is unfair. Cry me a river.

Men are not born of equal strength, and neither are women. I don't see the women in these competitions bitching about it to much. Why is that? Maybe because an extra challenge isn't a bad thing to them.

Anytime something gets harder, and your first response is to complain, instead of resolving yourself to getting better, it's you showing weakness.

Pure and Simple.

What about other unfair advantages? What if someone is just born huge, long legged etc but is competing against others who are a bit shorter?

That is why in many sports there are weight classes... that said, men vs men is fair enough for most things because they are generally the best athletes... like I said, if a woman can compete with men that is fine... but men should not compete with women. I was a State level track and field athlete and in tennis. I was not the best but I qualified for the State Championship in CA a couple of times... My times were faster then the females by a lot... there is no way I should be able to go down a level and run against them just becuse I was not the fastest male.

Strong men, competing against weaker men is also unfair, cry me a river.

7'2" guys playing in the NBA against 6'6" guys is unfair. Cry me a river.

Men are not born of equal strength, and neither are women. I don't see the women in these competitions bitching about it to much. Why is that? Maybe because an extra challenge isn't a bad thing to them.

Anytime something gets harder, and your first response is to complain, instead of resolving yourself to getting better, it's you showing weakness.

Pure and Simple.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-c...d-competitors-critics-close/story?id=55856294

Uh-huh... wanna rethink that?

There was another thread here some time ago that related to Mack Beggs.

Mack was born female and is transitioning from female to male.

TX policy is that a student must compete in the gender of their birth certificate.

Mack identifies as male. He wants to wrestle boys as that is the gender he identifies as.

Texas says no.

Shouldn't doping restrictions come into play here?

Makes no different in sport competition what color a person is !!! but what gender yes!!! this is not fair in sports for a man to compete against a woman.... the bodies are made different.... period....

Makes no different in sport competition what color a person is !!! but what gender yes!!! this is not fair in sports for a man to compete against a woman.... the bodies are made different.... period....

The Machiavellian in me says "Gender Equality means Gender Equality". After all, a woman can do anything a man can do, right?

Wtf...that's shameful. Come on people, how can this be right?
Absolutely not. We do not allow these kind of physiological disparities in "cisgender" sports. Heavyweight biologically-male boxers are not allowed to compete against Featherweight biologically-male boxers.
Okay, we have ****ed this all up. Transgender was never intended to be about competitive advantage.

I know you five aren't much for reading and are much more the "emotional reactionary" types, but both of these wrestlers were born female. The transgender in this case wants to compete as a boy but can't because of a Texas law. Read before you scream and get upset.

There was another thread here some time ago that related to Mack Beggs.

Mack was born female and is transitioning from female to male.

TX policy is that a student must compete in the gender of their birth certificate.

Mack identifies as male. He wants to wrestle boys as that is the gender he identifies as.

Texas says no.

“Mack” should be forbidden to compete at all because if “he” is “transitioning” “he” is taking performance enhancing drugs and thus shouldn’t compete in either category

I've seen girls compete with boys and win plenty of times at wrestling..

e794521e8848592dc16384932b28be95.gif

Not sure what you’ve been watching, but if I was in high school, this would have gotten every boy to join the wrestling team.

“Mack” should be forbidden to compete at all because if “he” is “transitioning” “he” is taking performance enhancing drugs and thus shouldn’t compete in either category

That argument might carry more weight of it wasn't always accompanied by transphobia. Because it is, I've a suspicion medical opinions are different.

rethink what, some article about the parents of athletes getting 150 signatures that doesn't mention the athletes themselves, means what to you?

All it means to me is parents are parents and get weird about their kids sports if they lose.

Sure... the "parents" were the ones upset even though their kids were just fine with it. Sure. Sure thing...

I choose not to be upset by people whose lives may have been a living hell from living according to their authentic identity. Including when it comes to sports.

Now for those who struggle to read properly, notice that this is not the same as giving full support to trans athletes who have transitioned being given full privileges that their cis counterparts get. It appears that this is another transgender issue where I need to study up.

Being the sex they are is their “authentic” identity. Believing you are a woman if you are born a man is not “authentic” it is delusion. This is mental disorder and needs to be treated as such. And under no circumstances should minors be “transitioning”

You can't simply wrap your arm around someone's neck, but you most certainly are allowed to choke them with their own arm, as in a headlock throw....or more likely, after you've thrown them and are on the mat.
Choking is not permitted under NCAA rules, but, as you say, some moves can have the effect of rendering an opponent unconscious for a short time.

I know you five aren't much for reading and are much more the "emotional reactionary" types, but both of these wrestlers were born female. The transgender in this case wants to compete as a boy but can't because of a Texas law. Read before you scream and get upset.

I was making a different point... that said, the "boy" is on hormone therapy etc which gives an unfair advantage... that is wrong.

That argument might carry more weight of it wasn't always accompanied by transphobia. Because it is, I've a suspicion medical opinions are different.

Pointing out that you cannot change your sex is not transphobia. In fact it’s not a “phobia” at all. This is an invented word used to support a political cause.

Since it is not possible to change your sex, any use of drugs to become more masculine shoUld be banned as doping

e794521e8848592dc16384932b28be95.gif

Not sure what you’ve been watching, but if I was in high school, this would have gotten every boy to join the wrestling team.

Or maybe you should google.

Girl made it to State, not the only one, in co ed wrestling. She wrestled her way there against boys. So...

Texas should bar hormone treatments as PEDs and this problem would be solved.

LOL Is there any medical decision that the State should not be involved with? Perhaps they should decide who get ED pills too.

Pointing out that you cannot change your sex is not transphobia. In fact it’s not a “phobia” at all. This is an invented word used to support a political cause.

Since it is not possible to change your sex, any use of drugs to become more masculine shoUld be banned as doping

So much ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom