• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White James Bond to be replaced by a black James Bond

There is absolutely no reason that s black person can’t play Bond. As long as he has the basic characteristics of being suave, witty, and sexy, it absolutely will work quite well. Perhaps you are concerned about a black Bond bedding a white woman, eh?

Perhaps you are full of shit eh? No place did I ever say a back man could not play Bond so stop lying. What I have said and apparently you ignored is it’s lazy to plop a black man into the Bond franchise. It would be better to have a new character and new story arch.

Perhaps you are full of shit eh? No place did I ever say a back man could not play Bond so stop lying. What I have said and apparently you ignored is it’s lazy to plop a black man into the Bond franchise. It would be better to have a new character and new story arch.

absolutely and that would be much better, why not have a arch about 008 or 004 or something.

How so? You don’t think a story can develop about a white private Detective who is hired to find a wealthy mans daughter who was kidnapped? White private detectives don’t exist?

Rather than being lazy plop a black person in a Bond role, I think it would be better to develop a new character with their own story and franchise.

I seem to recall Robert McCall was a white guy in the original show. I also seem to recall Denzel KILLING it in the Equalizer movies.

Bond works not because hes white, but because hes smooth, well dressed and gives basically no ****s. Anyone can play that role, as long as they exude those traits.

except of course,

except of course, continuity of the entire story and history of James Bond.

Unless you think James Bond is secretly an immortal who gots a new face every few decades or so the name is very clearly a code name. Hell, basic logic shows that it has to be a code name.

According to the original “history of James Bond“ he was in the SOE(you know, the folks who Churchill ordered to set Europe Ablaze) during World War Two. They changed that—- just like they changed so much about his backstory— as the years went on and the movies continued to be made.....because there’s been more than one James Bond. Like I said before, there’s zero reason why there couldn't be a black James Bond beyond “every actor who played him before was a white guy!”

Why is it always ok to replace a white with a black but not the other way around?
False assertion.

20223165-0FAB-42C9-8112-8E4A81691BFA.jpeg
“As for the new Bond character; In July of 2019, when rumors first began circulating that Captain Marvel star Lashana Lynch would be taking the title of 007 in the next James Bond movie, the response from a loud minority of online trolls was both disgusting and disheartening. Though nothing had been confirmed, far right toxic fans complained that a Black woman had been given the title of 007, which had previously only been used by white men.

But, the whining of internet trolls did not get Lynch down. Later that year, without confirming that she had indeed gotten the title of 007, she responded to the backlash.
The world doesn’t belong to bigots. Learn to deal with it.

The fact that the question is asked demonstrates that we are still a nation in which racial prejudice is a societal problem.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.
That post is coming out of Nazi neutral Sweden. Need anything else be said?

because I dont HAVE an agenda except that my favorite works of literature not be changed to fit some stupid social agenda.

"Literature". It's James Bond. It's escapism. As long as the Bond is suave, witty, and sexy, then the actor makes no difference. Why do you see skin tint rather than character development?

It could be Regé-Jean Page

The fact that the question is asked demonstrates that we are still a nation in which racial prejudice is a societal problem.

WHY?

Lol. You're in a forum!

See how fast we devolve into.........censorship!
I supose we better get used to this kind of mentality.

it reminds me of the Blaxploitation movies back in the day.

Why are black movies labeled as "exploitation" while "white" movies are not. Do blacks not have a right to have their "own" movies of a general nature? This sounds like just more "white privilege" whereby whites get to hang negative labels on black enterprises simply because they see the white majority as being "correct" and getting upset at blacks becoming "uppity" by demanding essentially the same.

Why is it always ok to replace a white with a black but not the other way around?

Same blacks are offended white do voices on black cartoons
James no like blacks--is that like a thing?

WHY?

Lol. You're in a forum!

Ah, so racism is something good but terminating a pregnancy is like a sacrifice to Baal, the god of who the **** cares. Got it.

Ah, so racism is something good but terminating a pregnancy is like a sacrifice to Baal, the god of who the **** cares. Got it.
:rolleyes:

I'm asking - how is the OP, racist?

Anyway.....you should rant in Religion section if you're still smarting over my post.
The way you carry on about that, makes it look like you've killed several babies yourself. :)

I have to tell you, I can see no reason why anyone would be the least bit upset by a black Bond. It's a CHARACTER. And was it lazy when the previous Bond was replaced at least THREE TIMES before, or only when the replacement happens to be black? But I can think of only one reason why those who are intent on seeing skin tint are so upset, and that reason would be a latent racist attitude.

it reminds me of the Blaxploitation movies back in the day.

Yes.

Although I personally never went to those movies (TV did not show them), I heard about them from other people.

They really were exploitive. One scene, for example, showed a young man taking a shower behind the shower door. But the scene was lighted in such a way as to show the silhouette of his very personal equipment. I was told the audience went wild with laughter.

WHY?

Lol. You're in a forum!

What are your thoughts about a black man playing James Bond?

Yes.

Although I personally never went to those movies (TV did not show them), I heard about them from other people.

They really were exploitive. One scene, for example, showed a young man taking a shower behind the shower door. But the scene was lighted in such a way as to show the silhouette of his very personal equipment. I was told the audience went wild with laughter.

How is a movie with a mostly black cast to be seen as exploitation? Is a movie with a mostly white cast also exploitation, or doe they get a white privilege pass? Would you prefer that movies show blacks as shuffling, listless, and stupid as they used to do in the movies?

Same blacks are offended white do voices on black cartoons

Fiction has become this serious of an issue for you?

I have to tell you, I can see no reason why anyone would be the least bit upset by a black Bond. It's a CHARACTER. And was it lazy when the previous Bond was replaced at least THREE TIMES before, or only when the replacement happens to be black? But I can think of only one reason why those who are intent on seeing skin tint are so upset, and that reason would be a latent racist attitude.
Well when you look for racism everywhere you can convince yourself you see it everywhere And that’s what you have done. I can’t understand why anyone would preferred to plop a black character into a Bond role instead of creating a new franchise that may end up being more popular.

That post is coming out of Nazi neutral Sweden. Need anything else be said?

Hi!

I'm not given to labeling a person or a group of people or a nationality or a race until there's reason.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

What are your thoughts about a black man playing James Bond?

I'm used to James Bond as a white English, sophisticated guy. James Bond has a definite characterization.
Of course, it wouldn't be the same for me......just as much as it wouldn't be the same................. if they made him into a white, nose-picking
red-neck driving a pick-up truck!

Anyway, the OP has a legit question. Why is there a seeming double-standard?

WHY?

Lol. You're in a forum!

Hi!

I'm not sure just what sort of a response you wish from me. I am, I assure you, well aware that these pages form a forum.

Hi!

I'm not sure just what sort of a response you wish from me. I am, I assure you, well aware that these pages form a forum.

I was asking why the OP is considered "racist."

A breakthrough, at least the first time that I noticed that his blackness was not commented on, was the original 1968 "Night of the Living Dead," where the protagonist-hero was a black man played by Duane Jones.

You don't think the fact that he survives the zombies - but is then killed by the cops in the morning - is commentary about race?

I think it is.

Back
Top Bottom