• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White James Bond to be replaced by a black James Bond

Oh my God!!! Get out the noose!!! Why do you love to post racist inflammatory threads here? You're not a full fledged racist now, are you??? People are people dude, any race or creed can play a movie character. People who don't like that can go get ****ed.

Oh stop with this over-the-top response. You cheapen the actual position with this trash response.

This is just like the argument about Dr Who being a woman.

Why does it matter?
Bond has changed faces many times and the character should change with the times and the UK secret service recruits from all over the place so why shouldn't Bond be a Black Lady if they think the Actress is fit for the role?
Bond is just a codename as far as I know.

Since the 1960s, Caucasians have gone the extra mile to bring that ethnicity into the mainstream.

Affirmative action, for example, has brought millions of them into the middle class and also into the offices as CEOs.

Every corporation is tripping over themselves to show how much they love diversity (I assume you see all those TV commercials).

In two weeks, a member of that ethnicity becomes the VICE President (and, some think, the President sooner rather than later).

No doubt the Dems are going to pass out reparations (even to convicted violent offenders? Oh, my Lord!).

Excuse me, but I have sensed very little gratitude for all these actions. Only more and more and more demands.

82473119.jpg

Happy now?

Since the 1960s, Caucasians have gone the extra mile to bring that ethnicity into the mainstream.

Affirmative action, for example, has brought millions of them into the middle class and also into the offices as CEOs.

Every corporation is tripping over themselves to show how much they love diversity (I assume you see all those TV commercials).

In two weeks, a member of that ethnicity becomes the VICE President (and, some think, the President sooner rather than later).

No doubt the Dems are going to pass out reparations (even to convicted violent offenders? Oh, my Lord!).

Excuse me, but I have sensed very little gratitude for all these actions. Only more and more and more demands.

That still does not answer my question: do the whites of the nation bear any reponsibility for the still-present racism in the nation?
And it's interesting that you see any gains made in that respect as simply whites being paternalistic towards blacks (Cauacasians have gone the extra mile) while overlooking the sacrifices made by blacks during the 1960s in demonstrating to overturn the white supremacy that had basically been in place in the South since the Civil War. Did the assassination of MLK not mean anything to you?

Pretty lazy, instead of developing a story about a black super spy with cool toys who could have his own story ark they simply plop a black actor into and try to cash in on how “woke” they are. Maybe later this year we can have a white man playing Shaft.

This worked so well with the all female version of Ghostbusters.

Considering racism is alive and well all over the world, are we going to pretend a black James Bond will have access in situations like a white man would?

This worked so well with the all female version of Ghostbusters.

Considering racism is alive and well all over the world, are we going to pretend a black James Bond will have access in situations like a white man would?

That's missing the point a bit given I don't think it would matter what his skin colour is if a UK secret agent did half the things in the US he does in the films he'd be rotting in prison and the UK government would disown him.

Bond is escapism but it isn't in any way realistic.

Pretty lazy, instead of developing a story about a black super spy with cool toys who could have his own story ark they simply plop a black actor into and try to cash in on how “woke” they are. Maybe later this year we can have a white man playing Shaft.
James Bond is not “white”. There’s nothing about his char that deals white being white.

A black shaft is a char almost completely revolving around him being black.

Why is it always ok to replace a white with a black but not the other way around?

Same blacks are offended white do voices on black cartoons
The original Amos and Andy characters (ask your parents if necessary) were played on the radio by white guys. They were even part of a Harlem parade -- not wearing blackface.

If the theaters ever open again, many people who prefer "James Bond" to remain Caucasian would decline to buy tickets.

They would bear no hard feelings. They simply would not be interested in seeing the film.

it reminds me of the Blaxploitation movies back in the day.

That's missing the point a bit given I don't think it would matter what his skin colour is if a UK secret agent did half the things in the US he does in the films he'd be rotting in prison and the UK government would disown him.

Bond is escapism but it isn't in any way realistic.

While that may be true, it has to be believable to a certain point. Would a woman agent get very far in a Muslim country? Would an obviously gay agent get very far in a Muslim country?

James Bond is not “white”. There’s nothing about his char that deals white being white.

A black shaft is a char almost completely revolving around him being black.

Good for goose good for gander

While that may be true, it has to be believable to a certain point. Would a woman agent get very far in a Muslim country? Would an obviously gay agent get very far in a Muslim country?

Erm, this may shock you but gay people aren't all the over the top types you see on TV and he could quite easily just act like a normal human with no partner. Unless he's some kind of sex addict who can't keep his pants on for a few days (which being Bond is actually possible I admit) he should be fine in a Muslim country.

Erm, this may shock you but gay people aren't all the over the top types you see on TV and he could quite easily just act like a normal human with no partner. Unless he's some kind of sex addict who can't keep his pants on for a few days (which being Bond is actually possible I admit) he should be fine in a Muslim country.
It’s crazy you have to actually explain that to someone

In my memory, a black actors race in a predominantly white-acted film almost always came up in one scene or another. A breakthrough, at least the first time that I noticed that his blackness was not commented on, was the original 1968 "Night of the Living Dead," where the protagonist-hero was a black man played by Duane Jones.

Still a wonderful scary ride of a movie.

Not really. A white shaft would make zero sense.

A black british spy...well I’m sure those exist
How so? You don’t think a story can develop about a white private Detective who is hired to find a wealthy mans daughter who was kidnapped? White private detectives don’t exist?

Rather than being lazy plop a black person in a Bond role, I think it would be better to develop a new character with their own story and franchise.

How so? You don’t think a story can develop about a white private Detective who is hired to find a wealthy mans daughter who was kidnapped? White private detectives don’t exist?

Rather than being lazy plop a black person in a Bond role, I think it would be better to develop a new character with their own story and franchise.

There is absolutely no reason that s black person can’t play Bond. As long as he has the basic characteristics of being suave, witty, and sexy, it absolutely will work quite well. Perhaps you are concerned about a black Bond bedding a white woman, eh?

If the theaters ever open again, many people who prefer "James Bond" to remain Caucasian would decline to buy tickets.

They would bear no hard feelings. They simply would not be interested in seeing the film.

And they would expose themselves as being morons, especially since the name “James Bond” is a code name anyway and there’s zero actual reason why he would have to be Caucasian anyone beyond “well, he was always a white dude in the past!”

Yep, if racism is alive and well in this country.

its not racism... why do things need to change to match your social agenda? could they not come up with a NEW black spy character instead of replacing Bond that has already been well established?

except of course,
And they would expose themselves as being morons, especially since the name “James Bond” is a code name anyway and there’s zero actual reason why he would have to be Caucasian anyone beyond “well, he was always a white dude in the past!”
except of course, continuity of the entire story and history of James Bond.

its not racism... why do things need to change to match your social agenda? could they not come up with a NEW black spy character instead of replacing Bond that has already been well established?

Why do things have to stay the same to fit YOUR agenda?

Why do things have to stay the same to fit YOUR agenda?
because I dont HAVE an agenda except that my favorite works of literature not be changed to fit some stupid social agenda.

Back
Top Bottom