• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House Watch: Trump 43%, Clinton 39%

Hicup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The tables have turned in this week’s White House Watch. After trailing Hillary Clinton by five points for the prior two weeks, Donald Trump has now taken a four-point lead.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with 43% of the vote, while Clinton earns 39%. Twelve percent (12%) still like another candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Last week at this time, it was Clinton 44%, Trump 39%. This is Trump’s highest level of support in Rasmussen Reports’ matchups with Clinton since last October. His support has been hovering around the 40% mark since April, but it remains to be seen whether he’s just having a good week or this actually represents a real move forward among voters.
Trump now earns 75% support among his fellow Republicans and picks up 14% of the Democratic vote. Seventy-six percent (76%) of Democrats like Clinton, as do 10% of GOP voters. Both candidates face a sizable number of potential defections because of unhappiness with them in their own parties.

(Excerpt) Read more at rasmussenreports.com ...

Linky - White House Watch - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

So wait, CBS, FOX had Hitlery beating Trump by an average of 6 points, and as much as 13 points last week..

Does anyone know how to poll anymore.

Tim-

So wait, CBS, FOX had Hitlery beating Trump by an average of 6 points, and as much as 13 points last week..

Tim-

You don't understand that polls vary? Did you just start following politics or something? And btw, Rasmussen also had Hillary ahead in their last poll, by 5 points IIRC. So the logical conclusion is that this poll is simply an outlier and the truth is probably much more in line with the general polling consensus. Especially considering that all of the pollsters in the Clinton +4 to +7 range are all highly regarded pollsters and Rasmussen is much less so. 538 rates them as "C" due to their inaccurate past and questionable methods of conducting polls.

You don't understand that polls vary? Did you just start following politics or something? And btw, Rasmussen also had Hillary ahead in their last poll, by 5 points IIRC. So the logical conclusion is that this poll is simply an outlier and the truth is probably much more in line with the general polling consensus. Especially considering that all of the pollsters in the Clinton +4 to +7 range are all highly regarded pollsters and Rasmussen is much less so. 538 rates them as "C" due to their inaccurate past and questionable methods of conducting polls.

Outlier, or is the constant threat of terrorism sinking in more with the electorate? Stopping the refuges until we can properly have a system that vets them is sound logical policy. I think people are coming around to that. Trump destroys hitlery on defense, illegal immigration and economy. Last time I checked those were the top three issues with the American voter.

Tim-

Linky - White House Watch - Rasmussen Reports™

Tim-

Mostly the "polls" are just various forms of propaganda. And since we have two equally ****ty candidates, the polls are likely to fluctuate wildly.

Mostly the "polls" are just various forms of propaganda. And since we have two equally ****ty candidates, the polls are likely to fluctuate wildly.

Interestingly none of them have broke 50% yet.. I think that this is very telling.

Tim-

I wonder what percent none of the above would have if it were an option.

This election so far is Donald Trump vs the GOP, the Media, Hollywood, and the democrats. At some point the actual campaign will begin and as much as they are loath to avoid it, Hillary Clinton will have to step to the forefront. Polls do not matter. They simply dont. Polls will say whatever the pollsters will want them to say (ironic that people will defend polling until its a poll they dont like and then they will claim the OTHER GUYS doing the polling are corrupt). You have a small group of die hard partisan leftists and you have a lot of angry Trump supporters and the rest of the country is sitting back shaking their head collectively wondering how we reached this point where our choices are Trump or Hillary.

There is a better choice. Just sayin....

Outlier, or is the constant threat of terrorism sinking in more with the electorate? Stopping the refuges until we can properly have a system that vets them is sound logical policy. I think people are coming around to that. Trump destroys hitlery on defense, illegal immigration and economy. Last time I checked those were the top three issues with the American voter.

Tim-

Outlier. Otherwise, why would that only be reflected in this poll and not all of them? The answer is it IS reflected in all the polls, it still doesn't give Trump the edge.

For now.

This election so far is Donald Trump vs the GOP, the Media, Hollywood, and the democrats. At some point the actual campaign will begin and as much as they are loath to avoid it, Hillary Clinton will have to step to the forefront. Polls do not matter. They simply dont. Polls will say whatever the pollsters will want them to say (ironic that people will defend polling until its a poll they dont like and then they will claim the OTHER GUYS doing the polling are corrupt). You have a small group of die hard partisan leftists and you have a lot of angry Trump supporters and the rest of the country is sitting back shaking their head collectively wondering how we reached this point where our choices are Trump or Hillary.

There is a better choice. Just sayin....

I'm defending polling that has a history of accuracy. That's all. I don't like Hillary, but I will be hoping she beats trump. And if the majority of the reliable polling firms start to show that Trump has the lead or that the race is closer to being tied up than Hillary leading, I won't deny reality, as many other liberals won't. It's the conservatives out there who are still bitching about "skewed polls" even after everyone laughed at them heartily in 2012. And in 2010 and 2014 when the polls showed Republicans doing well, I never questioned them. And they were accurate.

This election so far is Donald Trump vs the GOP, the Media, Hollywood, and the democrats....

At what point does the GOP stop crying like babies and back the nominee the Republican people voted for? If Hillary wins a good portion of the blame should be theirs.

At what point does the GOP stop crying like babies and back the nominee the Republican people voted for? If Hillary wins a good portion of the blame should be theirs.
At what point do BOTH sides realize they ****ed up with their candidates and start looking towards the only two adults in the room...people with a proven track record of trust, fiscal responsibility, respect of citizens rights, etc?

I'm defending polling that has a history of accuracy. That's all. I don't like Hillary, but I will be hoping she beats trump. And if the majority of the reliable polling firms start to show that Trump has the lead or that the race is closer to being tied up than Hillary leading, I won't deny reality, as many other liberals won't. It's the conservatives out there who are still bitching about "skewed polls" even after everyone laughed at them heartily in 2012. And in 2010 and 2014 when the polls showed Republicans doing well, I never questioned them. And they were accurate.
Come now. Be honest. Liberals bitch about polls that dont reflect what they believe to be true, just as conservatives do.

Tim-

Personally, I think what's interesting in this poll is the number of people who refuse to choose either of the candidates put up by the two parties. Fully 18%, in a highly partisan environment, don't want either. Not since the days of Ross Perot have the numbers for the traditional two parties been so low.

This seems to validate my long held view that this election will see the lowest turn out in voter participation in about a century, if not ever, and it may actually show a decline in actual votes cast over previous election years. This is not a highly contested election like Bush/Gore - this is a highly revolting election, like none seen before.

Personally, I think what's interesting in this poll is the number of people who refuse to choose either of the candidates put up by the two parties. Fully 18%, in a highly partisan environment, don't want either. Not since the days of Ross Perot have the numbers for the traditional two parties been so low.

This seems to validate my long held view that this election will see the lowest turn out in voter participation in about a century, if not ever, and it may actually show a decline in actual votes cast over previous election years. This is not a highly contested election like Bush/Gore - this is a highly revolting election, like none seen before.

18%, ill bet if none of the above was an option it would win.

At what point do BOTH sides realize they ****ed up with their candidates and start looking towards the only two adults in the room...people with a proven track record of trust, fiscal responsibility, respect of citizens rights, etc?

It's too late for that now. Its just astonishing to me that a country with 320M people and countless brilliant, honest people we end up with these two. We have to remove $$$ from our election process.

It's too late for that now. Its just astonishing to me that a country with 320M people and countless brilliant, honest people we end up with these two. We have to remove $$$ from our election process.

18%, ill bet if none of the above was an option it would win.

You're absolutely right - I think the Democrats on the whole, have less buyers' remorse than Republicans do, but both candidates are thoroughly despised by large segments of the population and a plurality despise both of them. I can't remember an election with a similar dynamic.

Its not too late> Johnson/Weld are on every ballot in every state. They are bothe twice elected governors in liberal states and they were elected in landslides. The ONLY critique anyone has to say about them is "They are Libertarians" but then when you ask them to address their platform they fall into the mindless anti-libertarian rhetoric proving they dont know the first thing about the party platform.

This election people should vote Libertarian for President and then vote their party if they want for congress.

Its not too late> Johnson/Weld are on every ballot in every state. They are bothe twice elected governors in liberal states and they were elected in landslides. The ONLY critique anyone has to say about them is "They are Libertarians" but then when you ask them to address their platform they fall into the mindless anti-libertarian rhetoric proving they dont know the first thing about the party platform.

This election people should vote Libertarian for President and then vote their party if they want for congress.

Oh I see where you are going, you mean people vote outside the two party system? Yea, not going to happen.

You're absolutely right - I think the Democrats on the whole, have less buyers' remorse than Republicans do, but both candidates are thoroughly despised by large segments of the population and a plurality despise both of them. I can't remember an election with a similar dynamic.

Definitely the MOST polarizing election I can remember. As much as I thought Obama would get assassinated, I got to say I think the SS is going to have their work cut out for them no matter who wins.

Tim-

It could be, but that would take more polls to establish as a trend

They don't support Trump because he is in favor of gun conrol, single payer health care, controlling the economy through regulation, and expanding government power.

Supporting Trump would be bowing down to populism and mob rule.

Last edited:
Oh I see where you are going, you mean people vote outside the two party system? Yea, not going to happen.
Dood...black sheep, white sheep...voting for either of those two clowns..still sheep.

TRUMP has hit a HOME RUN for success of america...that HOME RUN is that he is exactly like teddy roosevelt...he will stop monopolies and bring competition and STOP the buying off of the govt which then stops progress by stopping inventions that could harm a certain company or THE CURRENT RICH.. that is why all the liberals are against him and also the big oil republicans like the bush's and the cruz people they are current rich with BIG OIL and will stop inventions .. and the people going with trump are white men who science says have the highest logic and can understand this great help by trump...

///////////////
Euro Union nation has LOST TRILLIONS with MERKELS Horrendous error.. will she be thrown in jail?

each and every day since the vote.. Uk stock has beat france and germany each day with germany the worst each day

canada will benefit greatly from this as well as america with trading strong with UK.. same with austrailia

for the WEEK after the vote.... UK GAINED 2.6%....all the rest had a minus... France 5.1%.. Germany 5.6%..Spain 8.1%..Italy 9.8%.. Ireland 11.7%...Greece 12.3%... and each of the nordic states in the euro union lost and these will vote to secede from the union and the reason why they lost less..

WHAT a MONSTROUS ERROR by MERKEL...!!!

and how the very young voted shows this issue was a wisdom test for voters.. 75% of 18-25 voted to remain in union which means the others more experienced and wiser voted in a landslide to exit

and the stock markets proves who are the wiinners and losers and also shows if you let unwise people vote a nation WILL BE THE LOSER.. so soon there will be a world wide wisdom test for voters and no more liberalism..

THIS also will bring te conservative states to separate from the liberals states.... WELCOME TO THE CONSERVATIVE STATES OF AMERICA

Back
Top Bottom