• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House Watch: Trump 43%, Clinton 39%

I don't ENTIRELY disagree with you.

When Johnson/Weld start polling at competitive numbers I'll consider voting for them.

But I won't vote for them when the only realistic possibility of beating Hillary Clinton is a vote for Trump.

I am probably one of the very few members of this community who has actually cast a vote for Gary Johnson in a past presidential election and I will gladly do so again if he can demonstrate in some concrete way that he has a reasonable chance of actually winning an election.

But I'm not protest voting this year.

I'm voting to keep Hillary Clinton out of office.

And as far as things go I don't dislike Trump all that much (I've supported him since he threw his hat in the ring and voted for him in the TX primary).

If we HAVE to end up with Trump, I can live with that and I expect he will do a better job of probably anybody other than Gary Johnson.

But the Libertarian Party is a joke at this point.

They've got no game, no money, and they can't even get their candidates in to a debate.

By all means, vote for him if you feel you want or need to, as I've said - I've actually done so and am in no position to throw stones.

But for me it's much too important this election that we break away from the Obama administration and any who have had ties to it.

If they weren't actually politicians who are running the country, if they were absolutely any other kind of organization, they would be fighting a mountain of RICO charges in federal court.

We HAVE to be rid of them.

I could accept liberal, and even progressive policy, from clean and decent people, but these folks are disgusting, gutter-dwelling criminals.

They're the greatest threat this nation faces at the current time, in my opinion.
We just need people to stop being sheep.

I dont have any real expectation that they will get elected...but there is a better candidate choice for this country.

We just need people to stop being sheep.

That isn't going to happen, and I expect you know that, at least deep down inside.

It's like you're saying that you want the sheep to pick their own shepherd and then carry him, of their own accord, and through entirely their own effort, in to the White House.

That's never happened in this country before, even back when concepts like "hard work" and "sacrifice" weren't dirty words to most Americans.

A leader has always presented himself, and then gathered support.

And that's what needs to happen if there is ever to be any hope at all for a 3rd party candidate to make a serious run at the presidency.

The Libertarian Party first needs to establish itself as a viable party and then offer a legitimate candidate.

As it stands the Libertarian/Johnson campaign is conducted almost exclusively on Facebook and if you don't already know who the guy is at this point it's unlikely that you'll learn his name between now and November.

I dont have any real expectation that they will get elected...but there is a better candidate choice for this country.

Again, I agree, but if a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody around to hear it...

That isn't going to happen, and I expect you know that, at least deep down inside.

It's like you're saying that you want the sheep to pick their own shepherd and then carry him, of their own accord, and through entirely their own effort, in to the White House.

That's never happened in this country before, even back when concepts like "hard work" and "sacrifice" weren't dirty words to most Americans.

A leader has always presented himself, and then gathered support.

And that's what needs to happen if there is ever to be any hope at all for a 3rd party candidate to make a serious run at the presidency.

The Libertarian Party first needs to establish itself as a viable party and then offer a legitimate candidate.

As it stands the Libertarian/Johnson campaign is conducted almost exclusively on Facebook and if you don't already know who the guy is at this point it's unlikely that you'll learn his name between now and November.

Again, I agree, but if a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody around to hear it...
Its not that no one is around to hear it. Its that those that are around to hear it are too busy jamming pencils into their ears.

Back
Top Bottom