• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House to roll out Johnson & Johnson vaccine doses next week, pending authorization

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

(Reuters) - The United States expects to roll out three to four million doses of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine next week, pending authorization from the Food and Drug Administration, White House COVID-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients said on Wednesday.

A Johnson & Johnson executive on Tuesday said the company expected to ship nearly 4 million doses of the vaccine once it gained authorization.

The additional vaccine will help President Joe Biden’s administration in its goal of ramping up vaccination across the country as it seeks to control the pandemic that has cost more than 500,000 lives in the United States and pummeled the economy.
======================================================
I hope the good news keeps on coming.

(Reuters) - The United States expects to roll out three to four million doses of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine next week, pending authorization from the Food and Drug Administration, White House COVID-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients said on Wednesday.

A Johnson & Johnson executive on Tuesday said the company expected to ship nearly 4 million doses of the vaccine once it gained authorization.

The additional vaccine will help President Joe Biden’s administration in its goal of ramping up vaccination across the country as it seeks to control the pandemic that has cost more than 500,000 lives in the United States and pummeled the economy.
======================================================
I hope the good news keeps on coming.
I do, too.

I just wish the media...Reuters, in this case...would refrain from politicizing this news.

What are you talking about?
" The additional vaccine will help President Joe Biden’s administration in its goal of ramping up vaccination across the country as it seeks to control the pandemic that has cost more than 500,000 lives in the United States and pummeled the economy. "

" The additional vaccine will help President Joe Biden’s administration in its goal of ramping up vaccination across the country as it seeks to control the pandemic that has cost more than 500,000 lives in the United States and pummeled the economy. "
Ramping up vaccinations is the white house's goal. And those lives have been lost and the economy has been pummeled.

Uncle Joe has decided the new J&J vaccine is safe. So be it and may god bless everyone who willingly takes it. I know I wouldn't risk it but that's just me.

Ramping up vaccinations is the white house's goal. And those lives have been lost and the economy has been pummeled.

The 1918 flue took 675K Americans. COVID-19 is well more than halfway there with over 500K.

The 1918 flue took 675K Americans. COVID-19 is well more than halfway there with over 500K.

America's population is more than 3x what it was in 1918. Don't get me wrong 500K is horrific but lets be a bit honest when throwing around numbers.

Uncle Joe has decided the new J&J vaccine is safe. So be it and may god bless everyone who willingly takes it. I know I wouldn't risk it but that's just me.
Joe Biden didn't decide that it is safe, The FDA did.

Yes. I read that. It's accurate. It does exactly that.
But how does that politicize the news? It says nothing pro or con about Biden, it only gives context to the story.

Joe Biden didn't decide that it is safe, The FDA did.

Fair point. However his administration will decide whether or not to distribute this vaccine which is materially less effective than the first two approved. If Trump was still in office we would be hearing about the cynical tradeoff of more "shots in arms" versus people's safety.

Back
Top Bottom