• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House raises possibility of Impeachment

I am ashamed by people, such as yourself, who help make up a small minority of what represents these United States of America. I am ashamed everyday by people who believe the way you do. Felony perjury by a person in high political office is punishable by impeachment. Sorry that you don't feel like the laws apply for members of your esteemed party.

BTW... I am not a member of the Republican party so you can squelch that nonsense right now.

BTW... I am not a member of the Republican party so you can squelch that nonsense right now.

You responded to yourself. I must have pushed the right button. Tell me then, you member of not-the-Republican-Party, do you vote for Democrats? If you vote for Republicans, do you do so based on their sex life? Or are you going to tell me you're above it all, and vote 3rd party?

He was "under oath" talking about his private affairs with a woman, not the business of managing government, so in this particular case, I would say, "No," and I would also add to that, the fool can lie all he wants to about his sex life, but doing the job assigned as the people elected is what is important. People, such as yourself, care about our politician's personal lives instead of the job that they have been elected to do, and I, for one, am ashamed by people, such as yourself, who help make up what represents these United States of America. He should have never been "under oath" about his love affair. Who cares?

Oh yeah, that's right... the Grand Obstruction Party "cares"

Are you kidding me?

Do you actually hear what you are saying?

"He lied in a court of law about his sex life, so that's okay."

Are you kidding me?

Do you actually hear what you are saying?

"He lied in a court of law about his sex life, so that's okay."

Are you taken to court over your sex life? Are you then threatened with charges of perjury about your statements regarding your sex life? I'll tell you what, why don't we hall everyone into the court system, ask them about their private sex life, threaten them with charges of perjury, and see how that plays out.

I don't like what Clinton did in his job as POTUS, but his sex life certainly has nothing to do with that. I could care less about the Monica affair, and the Grand Obstruction Party seems to waive this entire affair around as if they won something that bettered our nation. Well, what was it that bettered our nation?

What will the Grand Obstruction Party win by impeaching President Obama for doing exactly what they asked him to do? Party before nation is SOP for the GOP.

Are you taken to court over your sex life? Are you then threatened with charges of perjury about your statements regarding your sex life? I'll tell you what, why don't we hall everyone into the court system, ask them about their private sex life, threaten them with charges of perjury, and see how that plays out.

I don't like what Clinton did in his job as POTUS, but his sex life certainly has nothing to do with that. I could care less about the Monica affair, and the Grand Obstruction Party seems to waive this entire affair around as if they won something that bettered our nation. Well, what was it that bettered our nation?

What will the Grand Obstruction Party win by impeaching President Obama for doing exactly what they asked him to do? Party before nation is SOP for the GOP.

shrug...

When you are in front of a judge, being asked questions...it doesn't matter what topic those questions cover...you'd better tell the truth. And, if you are the sitting President you have absolutely no excuse for lying. Clinton did not tell the truth.

Look...I know liberals are willing to excuse things or look the other way when their politicians lie. Heck, they expect their politicians to lie. But those politicians should NOT lie to a judge.

shrug...

When you are in front of a judge, being asked questions...it doesn't matter what topic those questions cover...you'd better tell the truth. And, if you are the sitting President you have absolutely no excuse for lying. Clinton did not tell the truth.

Look...I know liberals are willing to excuse things or look the other way when their politicians lie. Heck, they expect their politicians to lie. But those politicians should NOT lie to a judge.

Do you mean to tell me that Bush did not lie to the American public about nuclear weapons in Iraq? And how about torture? Was that against the law? You see, those are things that pertain to his job as POTUS. I could care less about any sexual affair he had with Dick Cheney.

I don't look the other way when Clinton lied to us about NAFTA. I'll bitch to you about that all day long, so don't insinuate that I look the other way when "my" politicians lie. I don't expect it, and I don't excuse it, but that has nothing do with the fact that I don't care about the Clinton sex affair and that I don't believe he should have been under oath to speak about it nor impeached. It is people, such as yourself, who care about things that do not pertain to governing that elects people to not govern.

Do you mean to tell me that Bush did not lie to the American public about nuclear weapons in Iraq? And how about torture? Was that against the law? You see, those are things that pertain to his job as POTUS. I could care less about any sexual affair he had with Dick Cheney.

LOL!!

Is that the best you can do when confronted with something you don't want to hear? Dude...this thread is supposed to be about Obama. It's already been derailed to being about Clinton. Now you want to make it about Bush??

I don't look the other way when Clinton lied to us about NAFTA. I'll bitch to you about that all day long, so don't insinuate that I look the other way when "my" politicians lie. I don't expect it, and I don't excuse it, but that has nothing do with the fact that I don't care about the Clinton sex affair and that I don't believe he should have been under oath to speak about it nor impeached. It is people, such as yourself, who care about things that do not pertain to governing that elects people to not govern.

Shrug...

Whether you think Clinton should have been talking to a judge about sex or not is besides the point. He was talking to a judge...and he lied to the judge.

Tell you what...how about we get this, at least a little, back on-topic, eh?

When Obama and his people have to stand before a judge and answer questions concerning the suit that the House is about to bring against him, will you be okay about Obama lying to the judge?

Are you taken to court over your sex life?

Clinton stood accused of rape, so yes, rapists are taken to court every day.

Clinton accepted the felony perjury conviction, $90k fine, subsequent disbarment by the Arkansas Supreme Court and another $25k fine from the Arkansas bar. In addition, Clinton paid Paula Jones $850k to settle the rape case.

There's your hero. Convicted felon and rapist. And yet after all that, Clinton did not openly and brazenly rewrite congressional statute. Did not use the enforcement arms of government to attack Republicans. Only Obama does that. One can argue, letting Clinton go un-convicted while in office, set the stage for Obama's greater lawlessness.

Clinton stood accused of rape, so yes, rapists are taken to court every day.

Clinton accepted the felony perjury conviction, $90k fine, subsequent disbarment by the Arkansas Supreme Court and another $25k fine from the Arkansas bar. In addition, Clinton paid Paula Jones $850k to settle the rape case.

There's your hero. Convicted felon and rapist. And yet after all that, Clinton did not openly and brazenly rewrite congressional statute. Did not use the enforcement arms of government to attack Republicans. Only Obama does that. One can argue, letting Clinton go un-convicted while in office, set the stage for Obama's greater lawlessness.

Why not ratchet it up to treason or theft while you're at it? :lamo

Can you see clearly why the republican party is a minority? You're only chance of winning elections is absent ism from the voters.

But this is demon strive of why nobody want to vote for the right....you spend time, money and effort chasing after petty-crap that'll never create a job...make us safer ....or solve any problem!

I would encourage your party to double down on impeaching Obama ...go ahead and do that while democrats talk about kitchen table issues!

Marion Barry, Bill Clinton and others prove that criminals can get elected and reelected. That doesn't mean they get to commit crimes. Elections and crimes are two different things. That Democrats willingly elect criminals is more telling about their character than anything.

LOL!!

Is that the best you can do when confronted with something you don't want to hear? Dude...this thread is supposed to be about Obama. It's already been derailed to being about Clinton. Now you want to make it about Bush??

Yeah...why would any rationale person think deliberately sending the country into a war based on lies is a serious matter. Or why would any rational person not get over the death of over 5000 GI's in that war ...especially the immediate relative of those GI's. Or why would anybody not wonder why the VA is over crowded today with disabled vets from that war?

Why would any sane person be concerned with the un-necessary destruction of a country(Iraq), or the slaughter of 180,000 of it's citizenry?

We should all forget that ...it's in the past ....put it all behind us and move on ...right? :(

Why not ratchet it up to treason or theft while you're at it?

Not necessary. Obama has given the Republicans enough to take him to court. That's all the Republicans need to deal with.

Yeah...why would any rationale person think deliberately sending the country into a war based on lies is a serious matter. Or why would any rational person not get over the death of over 5000 GI's in that war ...especially the immediate relative of those GI's. Or why would anybody not wonder why the VA is over crowded today with disabled vets from that war?

Why would any sane person be concerned with the un-necessary destruction of a country(Iraq), or the slaughter of 180,000 of it's citizenry?

We should all forget that ...it's in the past ....put it all behind us and move on ...right? :(

Why would you bring irrelevant issues into a thread?

LOL!!

Something I don't want to hear? I don't know what you mean by that. Derailed? if you'll check who started this Clinton story, you'll see that it wasn't me, and if you check post #55, you'll see that I tried to pull this subject back to pertaining to President Obama because, again, I simply don't care about the Clinton affair, but you then derailed the topic again, so I responded to at least keep the subject under what are impeachable offenses.

Mycroft said:

You sure do shrug things off, don't you? But the best part is you unsubstantially claiming that I do that when it comes to "my" politicians lying.

Mycroft said:
Whether you think Clinton should have been talking to a judge about sex or not is besides the point. He was talking to a judge...and he lied to the judge.

And now you are off-topic again.

Mycroft said:
Tell you what...how about we get this, at least a little, back on-topic, eh?

Project much?

Mycroft said:
When Obama and his people have to stand before a judge and answer questions concerning the suit that the House is about to bring against him, will you be okay about Obama lying to the judge?

President Obama is not going to stand before a judge in this matter, and if so, I expect he'll tell the truth, and no I would not be OK with him lying. But why would he lie? This is another witch hunt orchestrated by the Grand Obstruction Party.

Breaking the law regarding torture? Now, that's an impeachable offense. Knowingly lying about WMD's to get us into a war while outing an operative CIA agent? That's an impeachable offense. Issuing an executive order to delay the penalties that the opposing party screamed and complained about? Not impeachable. Not even worthy of a lawsuit that justifies wasting taxpayer dollars, the very taxpayer dollars that Republicans always moan and gripe about.

:lamo, As drunk Bushie would say about the so called impeachment, BRING IT ON, LOL!!

Typical Goper losing mentality WE CAN'T BEAT HIM IN AN ELECTION so let's try to impeach him, but why should i expect anything else from the sewer rats better known as RepubliKKKons..

Why dosen't the trash from the GOP try to do something else more productive, like i dunno, TRY TO REPEAL THE ACA FOR THE 55TH TIME:lamo..

Obama approval rating 44%

GOP congress 11%

Boehner is nothing more than an old crusty drunk, with bad skin, as long as he leads the GOPERS in this witchhunt, the DEMS won't lose a seconds worth of sleep...

Why would you bring irrelevant issues into a thread?

Because that's how cockroaches work. They scurry from the light. Focus on Obama and they switch to Clinton. Shine the light on Clinton and they scurry to Iraq. There's no end to it.

Yes, the white house probably acknowledged the impeachment nonsense because they felt it would be politically useful to do so. And?

And that is the primary motivation and modus operandi of this WH since day 1. Glad you're acknowledging it.

outing an operative CIA agent? That's an impeachable offense.

Obama Administration reveals the CIA's Afghanistan station chief. The station chief is the most important and active agent in arguably the most dangerous country in the world.

Valerie Plame, on the other hand, was a low-level bureaucrat sitting in an office building in Virginia and in no danger whatsoever. Despite Democrats accusations against Cheney and Cheney's chief of staff Libby, it turned out Richard Armitage (Colin Powell's chief of staff) was the one who in fact revealed Plame's name. Colin Powell knowingly let Libby go to jail for Armitage's crime and Democrat's to this day prop-up the whole false accusation, until they are called on it. And I'm calling you on it.

"Outing an operative CIA agent is an impeachable offense?" OK, you said it. Impeach Obama, because his administration outed the Afghanistan station chief and fired nobody for it.

his administration fired nobody for it, and I'm calling you on it.

Why do you cut up people's quote's? You called me on nothing since you did not fully quote my comment in context. Who in the Obama administration did what? Was President Obama aware? Was it purposeful and intential? Doesn't sound like it. But President Bush darn sure knew about his law-breaking and intential acts. President Bush's acts cost many lives and hurt many more others. Did President Obama's, and why do you overlook the facts about that? You are okay with what President Bush did?

And cockroaches? Really?

Something I don't want to hear? I don't know what you mean by that. Derailed? if you'll check who started this Clinton story, you'll see that it wasn't me, and if you check post #55, you'll see that I tried to pull this subject back to pertaining to President Obama because, again, I simply don't care about the Clinton affair, but you then derailed the topic again, so I responded to at least keep the subject under what are impeachable offenses.

Yes, something you don't want to hear...and yes, derailed. Though, you should be aware that I didn't say YOU derailed this thread toward Clinton. As far as you trying to get it back on topic...HaHaHa!! You really should check back through the posts if you don't remember what you've said.

You sure do shrug things off, don't you? But the best part is you unsubstantially claiming that I do that when it comes to "my" politicians lying.

I shrug off a lot of what you say when it doesn't deserve comment.

And now you are off-topic again.

Project much?

No projection...just trying to help you out.

President Obama is not going to stand before a judge in this matter, and if so, I expect he'll tell the truth, and no I would not be OK with him lying. But why would he lie? This is another witch hunt orchestrated by the Grand Obstruction Party.

You were doing so good here...

Breaking the law regarding torture? Now, that's an impeachable offense. Knowingly lying about WMD's to get us into a war while outing an operative CIA agent? That's an impeachable offense. Issuing an executive order to delay the penalties that the opposing party screamed and complained about? Not impeachable. Not even worthy of a lawsuit that justifies wasting taxpayer dollars, the very taxpayer dollars that Republicans always moan and gripe about.

...until you veered off-topic again by bringing up Bush again.

You are getting very tedious.

Why do you cut up people's quote's? You called me on nothing since you did not fully quote my comment in context. Who in the Obama administration did what? Was President Obama aware? Was it purposeful and intential? Doesn't sound like it. But President Bush darn sure knew about his law-breaking and intential acts. President Bush's acts cost many lives and hurt many more others. Did President Obama's, and why do you overlook the facts about that? You are okay with what President Bush did?

And cockroaches? Really?

A) cockroach comment didn't refer to you nor to Mycroft. Pressed, it was a general comment about topic-hopping.

B) Obama appears to be more aware of the perpetrator of CIA name-release than Bush, although neither seems particularly culpable to me and this charge wouldn't be on my indictment list. However, you listed it as an impeachable offense and I challenge you to defend Obama vs Bush in this regard. Obama's failure is in every way more serious than Bush's and Obama's response to this and other scandals far more conspiratorial.

Bush publicly admonished his entire cabinet to cooperate with investigators on this CIA-name-release and many other matters. Armitage and Powell defied Bush and covered-up their involvement. Covered it up to the point they let an innocent man go to jail for their actions. Colin Powell's reputation is forever stained by this travesty. Far worse than his UN Anthrax speech. Bush's Attorney General was independent and thwarted Bush on several fronts, including this CIA matter (appointing a special prosecutor), water-boarding and others.

Obama hasn't once advised his staff, cabinet or government employees to cooperate with investigators on any matter. Obama's best buddy Attorney General refuses to investigate anything and covers up Obama's crimes at every turn. The promised Obama transparency has turned into a siege, where government-paid operatives feel they can destroy evidence and spit at (congressional) investigators. It's clear to almost everyone Obama is committing crimes, yet you and other liberals defend his lawlessness? In particular, Obama administration leak of the CIA name is more serious, yet the liberal-press hasn't demanded anyone be fired. You yourself claimed it was an impeachable offense and since neither Bush nor Obama knew about the CIA name-release in advance and Obama's release was far worse in scope and scale, why aren't you calling for Obama's impeachment?

Last edited:
President Obama is not going to stand before a judge in this matter, and if so, I expect he'll tell the truth, and no I would not be OK with him lying. But why would he lie?

Uhhh, to cover his ass?

Don't believe the liberal/progressive/Democrat kool-aid.

The Republicans want to minimize the damage this President can do. They failed with Obamacare. They've done better since then.

I suspect that republicans want to do everything they can to maximize any damage, so that they can win future elections.

So far they have failed, and Hillary is all but a sure thing in three more years.

Obamacare was supposed to ruin our economy, all the doctors were supposed to quit, our healthcare system was supposed to go down the toilet, every employer was supposed to drop employee insurance, etc. Didn't happen. Many republicans/conservatives look like absolute morons now. They have lost the trust and respect of the middle, and it's the middle that decides elections.

how does PRESIDENT joe biden sound to you?

doesn't work for me either
next thread

yeah, they both would have to be impeached together

President Boehner sounds really good to me

President Biden =causes disruptive bowel disorder and projectile vomitig

Back
Top Bottom