• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House raises possibility of Impeachment

Respecthelect

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Top headline on Drudge - White House: Republicans May Push to Impeach Obama If They Get the Chance

Boehner's lawsuit is a good start, but aren't there many other possible charges?

Top headline on Drudge - White House: Republicans May Push to Impeach Obama If They Get the Chance

Boehner's lawsuit is a good start, but aren't there many other possible charges?

If he broke the law, impeachment is necessary. If not, don't touch it.

Obama's broken many laws. Trading those five terrorist leaders for Bergdahl is the easiest to prove. The so-called, IRS scandal is the most serious. Dozens of other charges could be brought, as well. Thought people would like to take a run at some?

We all know how this play in the right wing echo chamber. But in the real world this is a solution looking for a problem, in other words....you have nothing to impeach the president on.

You had success with Bill Clinton.... over his horrific act of spewing seamen on a dress....and I'm sure you felt you somehow saved America for doing that. Jobs were created, the economy got better ...all world problems solved because of your tireless efforts to find that dress. :roll:

how does PRESIDENT joe biden sound to you?

doesn't work for me either
next thread

`
Boehner's lawsuit is far from a slam dunk. This can go on for years. Mind you, I have major problems with this lying corporate puppet of an Obama...BUT, this is all a political ploy by the right. They obviously have the party funding for it....enough to disrupt the 2016 elections.

I absolutely detest both parties. Not only will this charade stifle the Democrats but it will cause enough corporate media attention to quash any 3rd party candidates who actually have greater visions than maintaining the duopoly control of government the Democrats and Republicans enjoy. At the very worst, they don't want to split the pot with a third party.

`

We all know how this play in the right wing echo chamber.

Refuted by White House raising the specter of impeachment this time. The right-wing didn't initiate this one.

But in the real world this is a solution looking for a problem, in other words....you have nothing to impeach the president on.

There are no shortage of charges. Boehner's lawsuit lists many. Obama's direct violation of NDAA 2013, sections 1027 and 1028 are slam-dunk lawbreaking. The only question is how to prioritize.

You had success with Bill Clinton.... over his horrific act of spewing seamen on a dress.

Clinton's impeachment and subsequent, post-presidency conviction by the court, was for perjury. Intentionally lying under oath. Clinton's felony conviction had nothing to do with dresses.

This lie about dresses by leftist propagandists is why one must prioritize charges carefully. To ensure the charges stick.

how does PRESIDENT joe biden sound to you?

Sounds good to me. A lame-duck Biden properly chastised to color within the law will do nicely. Obama selected Biden for the sole purpose of a credible replacement. America elected Joe Biden in that role twice. Biden is well suited to complete Obama's second term.

There are no shortage of charges. Boehner's lawsuit lists many. Obama's direct violation of NDAA 2013, sections 1027 and 1028 (Draft Articles of Impeachment) are slam-dunk lawbreaking. The only question is how to prioritize.

Dude read the tea-leaves .... this argument is coming from a bunch of sore losers. That's how the rest of the country (the real world) see your efforts ...you couldn't win an election so here you go trying any desperate attempt to salvage your lost.

We have history to look back to ...we remember the Bill Clinton fiasco...and the country now sees that exercise as a waste of time money and effort! It meant nothing to the country, it didn't create any jobs, fix any problem...it didn't even set any restrictions on law makers...all it did was bogged down the country and provided a brief .."feel-good"..moment for right wing!

Times are different today, the American middle class is looking to solve real issues ....like their perilous situation in the economy....go ahead...go down that road and watch how your party slips into a state of irrelevance!

While there are some Republicans calling for Obama's impeachment...Palin probably being the most prominent...there really haven't been any real Republican leaders doing so.

This whole impeachment thing is a smoke and mirrors tactic from the Obama administration, used with the intention of muddying the waters so he might have a chance of swaying public opinion about the lawsuit.

I mean, look who mentions impeachment every other day. The Republicans? Nope. Obama? Yep.

The sad thing is, though, this tactic has worked for them in the past...thanks to the idiot American public...and very well could work for them this time.

Just a scare tactic by the administration and the MSM to try and get out the vote in November.

Refuted by White House raising the specter of impeachment this time. The right-wing didn't initiate this one.

Oh please. Republicans have been talking about impeachment for years. The White House acknowledging it isn't "initiating" anything.

Oh please. Republicans have been talking about impeachment for years. The White House acknowledging it isn't "initiating" anything.

Everything the WH does is political gain - failing to acknowledge such is hypocrisy as well as ironic, given Impeachment was touted by Democrats for years when GW was in office.

They've been talking about it since January 20, 2009. Frankly, I hope they do it. I can't imagine anything that would do even more damage to the Republicans' reputation in a hurry. An inane, partisan political circus would probably drive even more of the middle away from them.

They've been talking about it since January 20, 2009. Frankly, I hope they do it. I can't imagine anything that would do even more damage to the Republicans' reputation in a hurry. An inane, partisan political circus would probably drive even more of the middle away from them.

Sure, Republicans have been talking about impeachment since Obama started his shenanigans, but we are not talking about Republican leaders like Obama is trying to imply now.

Don't worry, Republicans won't try to impeach him. They are content...and on much more solid ground...by going this lawsuit route. Obama knows this...is extremely worried...and is doing everything he can to minimize public support for the lawsuit by repeating this ridiculous impeachment stuff.

Intelligent Americans understand why Obama is doing this...even those few intelligent liberals understand. The unintelligent Americans...of which there are far too many, unfortunately...don't understand and simply believe whatever they are told.

Obumbler is doing a fine job hanging himself. Its best to give him enough rope to continue hanging himself without help. Then you can reap the benefits at election instead of getting into a prolonged divisive battle.

Executive orders have been made by the masses during all these presidents, but for some reason it's Obama that has to be impeached... I wonder why... As Colbert himself stated, something seems... Shady...

Executive orders have been made by the masses during all these presidents, but for some reason it's Obama that has to be impeached... I wonder why... As Colbert himself stated, something seems... Shady...

Who says he has to be impeached? Palin? Some other nobody Republican?

As I've said, the only one talking about impeachment is Obama himself. Could be the ultimate strawman coming from the Obama administration.

you couldn't win an election so here you go trying any desperate attempt to salvage your lost.

Winning an election isn't a break-the-law free card.

Democrats like to elect criminals. Marion Barry won election before and after serving his term in federal prison. Clinton won handily and felt he was above the law and so perjured himself. Democrats are the party of criminals. Democrats court criminals, elect criminals and encourage criminality (e.g. illegal immigrants). Democrats outlaw everything, then attempt to only enforce laws only against Republicans.

Unfortunately, being elected Democrat doesn't absolve one of following the law. Obama broke the law many times. Even broke laws he wrote and signed. Despite Democrats wanting to let their party members off, they must also follow the law and face the same punishment's as they impose on Republican's. Nixon's articles of impeachment included, "endeavored to obtain from the Internal Revenue Service, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, confidential information contained in income tax returns for purposed not authorized by law, and to cause... investigations to be intitiated or conducted in a discriminatory manner." Obama did far more than "endeavor." If it's a high-crime for the Republican, it's a high-crime for the Democrat.

Democrats are the party of criminals. Democrats court criminals, elect criminals and encourage criminality (e.g. illegal immigrants). Democrats outlaw everything, then attempt to only enforce laws only against Republicans.

It amazes me that you actually believe this BS. Nope, no Republican criminals at all! No sir! And the actions of a few Democrats mean all Democrats are criminals!

Yes, let's count the number of executive orders, because it's the number that matter, not the scope? And if the next president writes one and only one executive order that says, "The president may kill any U.S. citizen at any time he chooses," it will be OK, because he only wrote one?

The number of orders is irrelevant. Either executive orders are constitutional and lawful or they are not, their number matter not.

Yes, let's count the number of executive orders, because it's the number that matter, not the scope? And if the next president writes one and only one executive order that says, "The president may kill any U.S. citizen at any time he chooses," it will be OK, because he only wrote one?

The number of orders is irrelevant. Either executive orders are constitutional and lawful or they are not, their number matter not.

Save me the BS, his executive order is hardly any more unconstitutional than every other executive order before him, would it be better for you if he were Republican?

Save me the BS, his executive order is hardly any more unconstitutional than every other executive order before him, would it be better for you if he were Republican?

An executive order attempting to override statute is unconstitutional, as Obama has been smacked-down in thirteen unanimous decisions by the Supreme Court. The problem is that it takes years to get a decision from the Supreme Court and is only now catching up with this law-breaking president.

It only takes one broken law to impeach a president. This president has broken dozens of laws. He needs to be impeached, so future president's don't take Obama's "catch me, if you can" attitude.

Well, that's your opinion...for what it's worth. There are others who contend his some of his EO's ARE unconstitutional. That's why it's going to take a Court to make a decision.

I think Obama's worried about that decision.

Are the Republicans really this dumb? Or is it the white house which sees the president numbers in the tank with a realistic chance of the senate going Republican in November is just trying to rally the base?

Back
Top Bottom