• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House-No more Spending Cuts

I really hope the House forces him to shut down the government.

To all the Democrats/Liberals who told us we were wrong about the Left and spending cuts; we were correct.

To all the Democrats/Liberals who told us we were wrong about the Left and spending cuts; we were correct.

has democrats learned anything from Detroit?

has democrats learned anything from Detroit?

Democrats never learn, they are too arrogant to learn always believing that the previous group of Democrats never spent the money the right way and that this current group can do better.

I really hope the House forces him to shut down the government.
You ought to ask Conservative to help you out on this one, he is the expert on Civics.

Democrats never learn, they are too arrogant to learn always believing that the previous group of Democrats never spent the money the right way and that this current group can do better.
Funny, I thought the House controlled the spending....maybe my suggestion was wrong.

As far as learning, remember 1995?

Last edited:
You ought to ask Conservative to help you out on this one, he is the expert on Civics.

Funny, I thought the House controlled the spending....maybe my suggestion was wrong.

As far as learning, remember 1995?

Just another subject you know nothing about, civics. The House cannot shutdown the Govt. the President does by not signing House bills.

Just another subject you know nothing about, civics. The House cannot shutdown the Govt. the President does by not signing House bills.
Like I said, that meme worked for the GOP like a charm in '95....and in '11.

Wash rinse repeat.

Wash rinse repeat.

As usual you miss the point, the President shuts down the govt. by not signing a Congressional budget or spending bill. There will never be a shutdown if the President signs bills passed by Congress. The President submits a budget and the Congress approves or changes the budget. If Congress approves the budget then there is no shutdown. If Congress changes the budget it goes back tot he President for signature. If he doesn't sign it the govt. shuts down. Get it yet? When will that lightbulb ever go off in that head of yours?

Obama submitted a 3.77 trillion dollar budget showing he has no interest in lowering the deficit and addressing the debt. Liberals like you continue to buy the rhetoric that he cares so much and that we need a 3.77 trillion dollar Federal Govt. We have 50 sovereign states with their own budgets and tax structure therefore we don't need duplication at the Federal level for much that is already being done at the state level.

As usual you miss the point, the President shuts down the govt. by not signing a Congressional budget or spending bill. There will never be a shutdown if the President signs bills passed by Congress. The President submits a budget and the Congress approves or changes the budget. If Congress approves the budget then there is no shutdown. If Congress changes the budget it goes back tot he President for signature. If he doesn't sign it the govt. shuts down. Get it yet? When will that lightbulb ever go off in that head of yours?
I understand the tinker toys simplistic non-context answer, but the context, as it was in 95 and 11, is that that the House will try to force the POTUS to sign something that they know he will not. You can try to paint that Clinton shut down the govt in 95.....or that Obama nearly did in 11....or that the sequester was his idea.....or that he will once again do it in this next go around, but this is how insane conservatives have become, how far they remove themselves from reality. They cannot, will not, take credit for what they want.....they try to blame the other side. And further, they think they get away with the lie.

Obama submitted a 3.77 trillion dollar budget showing he has no interest in lowering the deficit and addressing the debt. Liberals like you continue to buy the rhetoric that he cares so much and that we need a 3.77 trillion dollar Federal Govt. We have 50 sovereign states with their own budgets and tax structure therefore we don't need duplication at the Federal level for much that is already being done at the state level.
Yawn.....why do you think this old POS rhetorical nonsense is going to get further discussion from me, I trashed this last year. Leave it buried, it still stinks.

Better yet....secede. Go ahead.

When progressives approach a cliff, their plan is usually step on the gas.

Wash rinse repeat.
You might want to actually research your talking points for accuracy before you regurgitate them.

Following the "shut down" in 1995 the Democrats picked up a grand total of TWO House seats. They also managed to LOSE two Senate seats. So, despite the shut down, Republicans maintained both houses and walked away completely unscathed.

I understand the tinker toys simplistic non-context answer, but the context, as it was in 95 and 11, is that that the House will try to force the POTUS to sign something that they know he will not. You can try to paint that Clinton shut down the govt in 95.....or that Obama nearly did in 11....or that the sequester was his idea.....or that he will once again do it in this next go around, but this is how insane conservatives have become, how far they remove themselves from reality. They cannot, will not, take credit for what they want.....they try to blame the other side. And further, they think they get away with the lie.

Yawn.....why do you think this old POS rhetorical nonsense is going to get further discussion from me, I trashed this last year. Leave it buried, it still stinks.

Better yet....secede. Go ahead.

Incredible and total lack of understanding of exactly what happened in 1995 but again not surprising. Clinton shutdown the govt. and ended up signing the exact legislation he shutdown the govt. over showing that liberals like you only buy the rhetoric and ignore the end result. Obama and the liberal elites love having people like you, so brainwashed by the ideology that you will continue to make a fool of yourself by carrying forward the liberal lies and distortions.

Whether the Obama budget elicits further discussion from you is irrelevant, you will always be a tool of the left. you only trash yourself no one else. Obama's budget does nothing to cut the deficit and most people understand that. Only the brainwashed refuse to accept reality.

It's probably more like GOPers refuse to get rid of $3.77 trillion dollars in offense spending and/or corporate subsidies.

Offense spending or Offensive spending. I believe it is the latter that needs to go. Corporate subsidies are corporations keeping more of what they earn hardly a taxpayer check back to them. You seem to have a problem keeping more of what you earn or is it just others that you have a problem with keeping more of what they earned?

It's probably more like GOPers refuse to get rid of $3.77 trillion dollars in offense spending and/or corporate subsidies.

I wonder how many Democrats support those subsidies. I'll bet quite a few.

Incredible and total lack of understanding of exactly what happened in 1995 but again not surprising. Clinton shutdown the govt. and ended up signing the exact legislation he shutdown the govt. over showing that liberals like you only buy the rhetoric and ignore the end result. Obama and the liberal elites love having people like you, so brainwashed by the ideology that you will continue to make a fool of yourself by carrying forward the liberal lies and distortions.

Whether the Obama budget elicits further discussion from you is irrelevant, you will always be a tool of the left. you only trash yourself no one else. Obama's budget does nothing to cut the deficit and most people understand that. Only the brainwashed refuse to accept reality.

And what is the reality that we are refusing to accept?

And what is the reality that we are refusing to accept?

The reality that the Obama rhetoric is one thing but the results are another. The reality that Barack Obama is a big central govt. liberal with no interest in cutting spending and being fiscally responsible.

You might want to actually research your talking points for accuracy before you regurgitate them.

Following the "shut down" in 1995 the Democrats picked up a grand total of TWO House seats. They also managed to LOSE two Senate seats. So, despite the shut down, Republicans maintained both houses and walked away completely unscathed.
I'm sorry....how did the White House thingy go? I loved the Dole administration....oh....wait.

Sure he did...sure.

The reality that the Obama rhetoric is one thing but the results are another. The reality that Barack Obama is a big central govt. liberal with no interest in cutting spending and being fiscally responsible.

And cuting spending is the only thing conservatives offer as a economic plan.

Besides I thought the deficit is a long term problem, somthing that cannot be fixed in one presidential term.

I understand the tinker toys simplistic non-context answer, but the context, as it was in 95 and 11, is that that the House will try to force the POTUS to sign something that they know he will not. .

No Obama is trying to get the house to approve something they will not. It is always the republicans that have to bend to the will of democrats and they are the obstructionist if they don't.

And cuting spending is the only thing conservatives offer as a economic plan.

Besides I thought the deficit is a long term problem, somthing that cannot be fixed in one presidential term.

So lets make it worse by adding to it so to make it harder to fix in the future. Lets kick the can down the road like many of your cities have done and now are going bankrupt. Do democrats ever learn from past failures? Mr California

I'm sorry....how did the White House thingy go? I loved the Dole administration....oh....wait.

You will do anything to divert from the thread topic and try to divert from the Obama economic results. Don't blame you although I will never understand people like you who have so much loyalty to a failed ideology. Guess it is always easier sitting behind a computer screen than actually accomplishing anything or actually getting out and seeing what is happening around the country. Obama has made Jimmy Carter look good but the problem is Obama seems to be doing this on purpose, trying to grow a massive central govt. where people are dependent for life. He is succeeding and has people like you to thank.

Back
Top Bottom