• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House? More Like Spite House.

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The Obama Administration has been busy shutting down federal assets like open air parks and monuments. They want to show us how important the federal government is. Instead they are showing us how evil and spiteful the federal government can be with the wrong people heading it up. (In light of this and the politicized IRS, the politicized DoJ, and the politicized EPA, why did we even think of letting the feds take control of medical care?):shock:

• Mt. Rushmore was closed. And park rangers kept people from observing the monument from public roads.
  • National Parks were closed, and the private businesses that lease land on them were forced to shut down.
  • A road through a national park was closed leaving school buses unable to return children from a school.
  • As is well known, the WWII Monument in Washington DC was closed. Extra law enforcement was called in to keep people out. Octegenarian WWII veterans were threatened with arrest for insisting on seeing the monument.
  • Federal web sites that typically require little oversight from IT were shut down. However, whitehouse.gov is still able to provide us with the latest updates on Pres. Obama's efforts to grab a sandwich.
  • A jogger is booted from the Jefferson Memorial
  • The Gettysburg Memorial was closed. This prompted some civil disobedience.

It seems to be costing the federal government more to close these parks, monuments, and roads than it would to let them remain open.

No kidding. Obama particularly hates Mount Rushmore because he knows he's not getting on there.

You can't look either, so there! What a little child. Who elected this guy?

At the same time, the Washington Mall is closed, as is the WW II Memorial, except for an illegal immigrant rally and protest. That is a go. Private businesses and homes accessed by park service roads are closed, but other residences, such as the WH and VP residence (Blair House?) Remain open.

Eeeeeyaaaah.... well we know one thing that hasn't stopped:

Obama Golf 3.jpg

The Obama Administration has been busy shutting down federal assets like open air parks and monuments. They want to show us how important the federal government is. Instead they are showing us how evil and spiteful the federal government can be with the wrong people heading it up. (In light of this and the politicized IRS, the politicized DoJ, and the politicized EPA, why did we even think of letting the feds take control of medical care?):shock:

• Mt. Rushmore was closed. And park rangers kept people from observing the monument from public roads.
  • National Parks were closed, and the private businesses that lease land on them were forced to shut down.
  • A road through a national park was closed leaving school buses unable to return children from a school.
  • As is well known, the WWII Monument in Washington DC was closed. Extra law enforcement was called in to keep people out. Octegenarian WWII veterans were threatened with arrest for insisting on seeing the monument.
  • Federal web sites that typically require little oversight from IT were shut down. However, whitehouse.gov is still able to provide us with the latest updates on Pres. Obama's efforts to grab a sandwich.
  • A jogger is booted from the Jefferson Memorial
  • The Gettysburg Memorial was closed. This prompted some civil disobedience.

It seems to be costing the federal government more to close these parks, monuments, and roads than it would to let them remain open.

Especially when most things on that list don't even need to be shutdown. Yet all of Obama's special interests remain open. Of course he doesn't mind shutting down the National Parks because he doesn't care about the History of this Country. He tries to re-write it.

I hope every one of these things show up in Republican commercials for the 2014 campaign.

The Obama Administration has been busy shutting down federal assets like open air parks and monuments.
WRONG. Bohner and the anarchist TEAssholes of the House shut down ALL federal assets including open air parks and monuments.
You can try to spin like a Maytag after the rinse but the American people know.
You ain't foolin' no one.:2wave::lamo

A bunch of Jerks.

WRONG. Bohner and the anarchist TEAssholes of the House shut down ALL federal assets including open air parks and monuments.

Congress had nothing to do with the decision to shut these parks down. During the government shutdown while Clinton was President they all remained open to public access, and that has been true of all the other shutdowns. This President is uniquely vindictive. His supporters should be ashamed.

The house doesn't have jurisdiction to close anything.

Congress had nothing to do with the decision to shut these parks down. During the government shutdown while Clinton was President they all remained open to public access, and that has been true of all the other shutdowns. This President is uniquely vindictive. His supporters should be ashamed.

My parent told me that back in the day people used to sleep(overnight/outdoors)in public parks on hot summer nights.

Clinton isn't president anymore, things change, wake up.

No, that is factually false. Open Air monuments don't have to be shutdown, and the Democrats are the ones that aren't working with anyone and shutting down the government.

When Obama was elected in 2008, he came into office flush with "political capital". He chose to invest 100% of the "capital" to pass his signature legislation - what we call Obamacare.

For the 2 something years that followed, the GOP sniped at this. So much wailing and moaning (not that I disagree with moaning:) but no real viable alternatives were seriously proposed either. In 2012, after that sickening GOP campaign where they all accused each other of being garbage, they chose a guy who stood for - something - but he'd already been shredded by his opponents quite publicly and being fabulously wealthy, didn't easily connect with the great unwashed masses. So, Obama was re-elected at a low point in his popularity.

Now, the GOP wants to defund the only thing he's actually accomplished. And you're surprised he's vindictive? I'm surprised he hasn't called out drone strikes on the RNC.

When Obama was elected in 2008, he came into office flush with "political capital". He chose to invest 100% of the "capital" to pass his signature legislation - what we call Obamacare.

For the 2 something years that followed, the GOP sniped at this. So much wailing and moaning (not that I disagree with moaning:) but no real viable alternatives were seriously proposed either. In 2012, after that sickening GOP campaign where they all accused each other of being garbage, they chose a guy who stood for - something - but he'd already been shredded by his opponents quite publicly and being fabulously wealthy, didn't easily connect with the great unwashed masses. So, Obama was re-elected at a low point in his popularity.

Now, the GOP wants to defund the only thing he's actually accomplished. And you're surprised he's vindictive? I'm surprised he hasn't called out drone strikes on the RNC.
A lot of us are not convinced that the ACA is an accomplishment worth bragging rights on anybody's scale. Besides, Obama has been vindictive for a very long time - most of his life, it seems. Community organizing will do that to ya, I guess.

A lot of us are not convinced that the ACA is an accomplishment worth bragging rights on anybody's scale. Besides, Obama has been vindictive for a very long time - most of his life, it seems. Community organizing will do that to ya, I guess.

Sure Boss, that's your opinion (which I share to some degree) but I'm pretty sure that Obama has a different POV on this than you do.

Let's say that by some miracle the ACA manages to remain. It will be called Obamacare for decades. Sometimes you have to put yourself "in the other guys shoes" to analyze events. For example, those terrorists you call Al Qaeda call themselves Freedom Fighters. See what I mean?

Sure Boss, that's your opinion (which I share to some degree) but I'm pretty sure that Obama has a different POV on this than you do.

Let's say that by some miracle the ACA manages to remain. It will be called Obamacare for decades. Sometimes you have to put yourself "in the other guys shoes" to analyze events. For example, those terrorists you call Al Qaeda call themselves Freedom Fighters. See what I mean?
I do like being the boss. I order myself around all the time. I have no doubt the president views things differently than I do. I'm relatively conservative, and he's not, to say the least. I can empathize with his desire to retain his "accomplishment". I don't know that the ACA will stand - it's certainly off to a, ahem, questionable start. Maybe he'd do better to acknowledge that things haven't gone swimmingly well with it's implementation rather than defend the mess it's proven to be thus far. That would be the first step in correcting the problems. Just a thought.

I do like being the boss. I order myself around all the time. I have no doubt the president views things differently than I do. I'm relatively conservative, and he's not, to say the least. I can empathize with his desire to retain his "accomplishment". I don't know that the ACA will stand - it's certainly off to a, ahem, questionable start. Maybe he'd do better to acknowledge that things haven't gone swimmingly well with it's implementation rather than defend the mess it's proven to be thus far. That would be the first step in correcting the problems. Just a thought.

Yes, he's not very good at clever compromise, is he? If nothing else, you should (almost) be missing Bill Clinton by now. :)

Actually, they call themselves "soldiers of God." They're not so much into freedom, but I take your point nonetheless.:peace

The house doesn't have jurisdiction to close anything.

They have the jurisdiction to fund or not ...
They chose to not fund...
Without funds things close...
America knows why these things closed.
Bohner is spineless against his party's anarchists.
You ain't foolin' anyone

The parks are part of the US government.
Bohner and the anarchists of the House shut it all down when they shut down the government.

Back
Top Bottom