• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House mocks BP CEO's yacht race, defends Obama golf

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
AFP: White House mocks BP CEO's yacht race, defends Obama golf

Quote(A White House spokesman mocked BP's chief executive Monday for attending a luxury yacht race despite the oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, but then defended President Barack Obama's own weekend golf game.)

Will stupidity like this advance the clean up or stop the leak, somehow I doubt it.
It appears to me like a couple of gangs of hooligans hurling insults.

BP has taken responsibility for creating the leak, they have taken responsibility for the clean up, compensation costs.

Quote(His comments echoed those of White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel who called Hawyard's decision to go to the yacht race "part of a long line of PR gaffes and mistakes.")

True Mr. hayward is prone to making the most awful gaffes.

Quote(But when asked about Obama's day Saturday, in particular his four hour golf game at a course near Washington, Burton said the president had the right to decompress a bit after a hard week.)

And so he does, as does any person after a hard week. Even Mr. Hayward!

Quote("I don't think that there's a person in this country that doesn't think that their president ought to have a little time to clear his mind," Burton said.)

Probably the most honest statement in this piece.

Quote("I think that a little time to himself on Father's Day weekend probably does us all good as American citizens," he said.)

Not just Americans but also other nationalities as well.

Obama was fine with playing a round of golf.

And Hayward was with fine going sailing with his son the day before Father's Day. The effort by Rahm Emmanuel and crew on the Sunday morning talk shows to demonize Hayward's activities is/was more than a little pathetic. Hopefully it won't win them any points even with their die-hard loyalists.

Obama was fine with playing a round of golf.

And Hayward was with fine going sailing with his son the day before Father's Day. The effort by Rahm Emmanuel and crew on the Sunday morning talk shows to demonize Hayward's activities is/was more than a little pathetic. Hopefully it won't win them any points even with their die-hard loyalists.

Problem is that the electorate is looking for someone to blame. President Obama would rather them blame Hayward obviously, but he is blaming him for the exact same thing he is doing in an effort to do so.

Neither of them can wave a magic wand and solve the problem, and both of them can take time off if they want it. I kind of want to see both of them issue a statement to those who keep bashing them for no real reason that reads along these lines, "Shut the hell up."

Problem is that the electorate is looking for someone to blame. President Obama would rather them blame Hayward obviously, but he is blaming him for the exact same thing he is doing in an effort to do so.

Neither of them can wave a magic wand and solve the problem, and both of them can take time off if they want it. I kind of want to see both of them issue a statement to those who keep bashing them for no real reason that reads along these lines, "Shut the hell up."

Problem is they will all see the hypocrisy put forth by the Obama people

This is such a side issue, it's really irrelevant.

People under a lot of pressure do need down time. They will do a better job if they get it. Obama and the BP guy are both entitled to get some rest and R&R.

I think it safe to say that President Obama has been to more parties, social functions and other "unwinding" events in the last 60 days than the BP CEO.

Link
AFP: White House mocks BP CEO's yacht race, defends Obama golf

Quote(A White House spokesman mocked BP's chief executive Monday for attending a luxury yacht race despite the oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, but then defended President Barack Obama's own weekend golf game.)

Will stupidity like this advance the clean up or stop the leak, somehow I doubt it.
It appears to me like a couple of gangs of hooligans hurling insults.

BP has taken responsibility for creating the leak, they have taken responsibility for the clean up, compensation costs.

Quote(His comments echoed those of White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel who called Hawyard's decision to go to the yacht race "part of a long line of PR gaffes and mistakes.")

True Mr. hayward is prone to making the most awful gaffes.

Quote(But when asked about Obama's day Saturday, in particular his four hour golf game at a course near Washington, Burton said the president had the right to decompress a bit after a hard week.)

And so he does, as does any person after a hard week. Even Mr. Hayward!

Quote("I don't think that there's a person in this country that doesn't think that their president ought to have a little time to clear his mind," Burton said.)

Probably the most honest statement in this piece.

Quote("I think that a little time to himself on Father's Day weekend probably does us all good as American citizens," he said.)

Not just Americans but also other nationalities as well.

I don't consider this 'Breaking News'... or even News...

I don't consider this 'Breaking News'... or even News...

But the reality is that Rahm is making it news. An playing it for all it is worth....

Back
Top Bottom