• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House launches last ditch effort to dissuade OPEC from cutting oil production to avoid a ‘total disaster’

If Trump single handedly removed 2 million barrels of oil from being burned every day, that would be ****ing awesome for the planet. I don't have nearly as much faith in him as you MAGA folks do, but he has consistently lobbied KSA to stop killing the planet, even while he was in office.
Do you know why he did that? Here's a hint: It wasn't to stop killing the planet.

Do you know why he did that? Here's a hint: It wasn't to stop killing the planet.
Probably not. But if the planet was protected, and the harm was not greater than the death of the planet, I guess I can support that action.

Were many people harmed?

The idiot Biden should call Trump to get some ideas. Trump actually knows how business works and how to motivate people.

That was just his TV show.

While there is some truth to the complaint that this administration's relations with the Saudis are not as 'accommodating' the hard truth is OPEC+ has made its bed with Russia and will for the time being choose it's own economic interests and that of its partners first.

Who's the president seems to matter less. There was a big dip in 2020 when Trump was in office and that didn't stop them did it?

Our idiot potus just dosent care about US citizens. Just wants to push a leftist agenda, the hell with you all.
election is in a month so he needs to make it look like he cares, like he’s gonna do something when in reality all he’s concerned with is putting Dems fat asses in office. That’s all this is anout.
and all the progressives/commies bark and clap in approval of their leader.

Thank you for that insightful analysis into the state of OPEC production. Perhaps it's time for your nap?

So you support keeping gas cheap, and pumping and burning more oil to keep it so.

Yeah, that's pretty MAGA of you....

Of course I pay a heating bill. And yes, I'm young, which is why I will have to deal with the problems your generation and people of your viewpoints have caused, for decades after you have gone.

And my children for decades after that.

Which is why Biden is willing to trade lives for votes; he won't have to deal with the bad effects. He literally doesn't give a ****.

Lol, my generation caused ? It is my generation that did all the cleaning up. It was the great generation and the two generations before them that shit up the place.

How about all the people who will lose their homes because they can't afford to heat their home ?

**** them?

As to keeping gas cheap, wtf are you talking about? Gas is cheap? That is a ridiculous statement.

READ your own charts
and read about the Saudi oil price war

and if I remember right I already apologized for saying Billions and explained it was Millions of barrels a day
YOUR own chart shows in May and June 2020 we were importing 11.5 to 12.5 Million barrels a day from the Saudi's
and IF you paid attention you would have seen US production went down to the mid 9MBPD then and I have shown and am not going to go back and dig it up but over 100 US oil companies went Bankrupt and a lot of them went out of business and never came back
and as shown in one of your charts US oil production went down to 9,7 MBPD in Feb 2021 and is now back up to where it was in 2020

Have a nice night
We imported 12 million barrels a day... from Saudia Arabia!? Who only produces 10-11 mmpd!? What!? How!?

The EIA says we imported just 267,000 bpd from them in August 2020. 267... thousand. Not 12 million. Have you told them about the millions they missed?

And now you backtrack; if oil refiners only saved up "millions and millions" of barrels of oil, then they literally kept a week's worth of extra supply. Hardly enough to cause the problems you are stating.

Dude, as shown, supplies of both domestic and import crude were pretty steady in 2020 and 2021. There was no massive collusion against Biden. That's just silly, as well as being unsupported by the data.

Lol, my generation caused ? It is my generation that did all the cleaning up. It was the great generation and the two generations before them that shit up the place.

How about all the people who will lose their homes because they can't afford to heat their home ?

**** them?

As to keeping gas cheap, wtf are you talking about? Gas is cheap? That is a ridiculous statement.
You think gas is expensive!? In the United States!? Why would you think that! Have trouble fueling up your Corvette?

I'm sure you're also worried about all the coal miners that will go out of business, aren't you?

But no, keep burning coal and as much gas as possible. Cutting back is "radical."

Yeah, it's pretty clear whose side you are on.

We imported 12 million barrels a day... from Saudia Arabia!? Who only produces 10-11 mmpd!? What!? How!?

The EIA says we imported just 267,000 bpd from them in August 2020. 267... thousand. Not 12 million. Have you told them about the millions they missed?

And now you backtrack; if oil refiners only saved up "millions and millions" of barrels of oil, then they literally kept a week's worth of extra supply. Hardly enough to cause the problems you are stating.

Dude, as shown, supplies of both domestic and import crude were pretty steady in 2020 and 2021. There was no massive collusion against Biden. That's just silly, as well as being unsupported by the data.
I miss placed the decimal point
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRIMUSSA2&f=M
I don't know what you are arguing about
MY point was in May and June of 2020 the Saudi oil price war drove over 100 US oil companies into Bankruptcy and a lot of them went out of business and NEVER returned.
the US oil production went down into the 9,7 MBPD area and stayed around the mid 10 to lower 11 MBPD ( a high of 11.196 MBPD in DEC 2020 ) didn't return to the mid 11 MBPD area until 2021 and reached 11.8 in AUG 2022.
again I am pointing out that the Saudi oil price war did a lot of damage to the US oil industry before Trump stepped in and told the Saudi's to cut their production and RAISE prices or he would stop all military aid and sales of military stuff to them and they did but the damage was already done.
and one of my biggest points is , even with what the right calls an anti - oil President the US oil industry has made a good comeback and without the oil companies that went bankrupt and out of business
Have a nice day

Probably not. But if the planet was protected, and the harm was not greater than the death of the planet, I guess I can support that action.

Were many people harmed?
He wanted oil production reduced to bring the price up for his big oil donors! I can't believe you actually missed that.

A short reduction in oil production isn't going to do squat for the big picture.

Regardless the planet won't die. It's the species on the planet that are in peril. If and when the human species is eradicated the planet will go back to it's steady state and continue on.

He wanted oil production reduced to bring the price up for his big oil donors! I can't believe you actually missed that.

A short reduction in oil production isn't going to do squat for the big picture.

Regardless the planet won't die. It's the species on the planet that are in peril. If and when the human species is eradicated the planet will go back to it's steady state and continue on.
Yeah, if it's profitable to cut fossil fuels that's even ****ing better! That would be great if companies could cut emissions, reduce drilling for oil AND still make money!? Sign me up!

A short reduction is the first of many steps. Increasing production of oil, and fighting to keep it cheap and common, is bad for the planet.

Yeah, if it's profitable to cut fossil fuels that's even ****ing better! That would be great if companies could cut emissions, reduce drilling for oil AND still make money!? Sign me up!

A short reduction is the first of many steps. Increasing production of oil, and fighting to keep it cheap and common, is bad for the planet.
Oil is a finite resource. We will move on to other resources and are already headed in that direction. The market will demand it.

Oil is a finite resource. We will move on to other resources and are already headed in that direction. The market will demand it.
The market will not demand it if oil continues to flow and be cheaper than other options.

We're already experiencing the deadly effects of climate change. We can't wait until you guys are ready; we have to start now.

Back
Top Bottom