• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House launches last ditch effort to dissuade OPEC from cutting oil production to avoid a ‘total disaster’

Metric Mouse

Your hi-top sneakers and your sailor tattoos.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Because the right has fought tooth and nail for decades against any transition away from fossil fuels.
I get that Biden is fighting that, but the question remains why he isn't getting more pushback over it.

I’m sure he is concerned how higher gas prices will impact the vote

I’m sure he is concerned how higher gas prices will impact the vote
Screw the impact, Im already seeing gas prices increase...again. Im all for transitioning, but now is not the time to cut production

Biden can and should encourage oil production by optioning to refill the strategic petroleum reserve if the price of oil drops below a certain threshold, kinda like crop insurance. This would mitigate the price fluctuation risks that oil producers face and encourage more production, which is, of course, a good thing.

Our idiot potus just dosent care about US citizens. Just wants to push a leftist agenda, the hell with you all.
election is in a month so he needs to make it look like he cares, like he’s gonna do something when in reality all he’s concerned with is putting Dems fat asses in office. That’s all this is anout.
and all the progressives/commies bark and clap in approval of their leader.

Biden should quit worrying about OPEC and start focusing on our own oil production.
biden doesn't own any drilling or oil companies. he has no control over US oil production.

They created a problem they want to save us from? Lmfao

Goes hand in hand with this classic…

You can’t make this stuff up.

They created a problem they want to save us from? Lmfao

Goes hand in hand with this classic…

Suddenly not so much in favor of global markets for oil?

Suddenly not so much in favor of global markets for oil?

It’s all explained in the video I posted.

You are welcome.

Jesus hotsauce Christmas cake.... why the **** are we fighting to pump and burn MORE oil? Seriously?

Whatever your view on environmentalism and fossil fuels, it isn't debatable that right now the world needs more fossil fuels and lower prices. We are very likely heading into several years of energy shortages and higher prices, so buckle up.

Because the right has fought tooth and nail for decades against any transition away from fossil fuels.
No the right has fought against efforts to put the oil industry out of business. I think everyone wants renewable energy but it isn't ready yet and having government shove it down the economy's throat is dangerous and authoritarian. I don't think anybody on the right is begging Saudi Arabia to pump more crude. I think they don't understand why we can't simply use our own oil. But we understand, don't we? It is about power and control.

No the right has fought against efforts to put the oil industry out of business.

If the fossil fuel industry can't handle the competition then it deserves to be put out of business.

I think everyone wants renewable energy but it isn't ready yet and having government shove it down the economy's throat is dangerous and authoritarian.

And we haven't had oil 'shoved down our throats?' We haven't subsidized the fossil fuel industry over generations? Everything you people criticize renewables for we've been doing with fossil fuels for generations. It's a dumb argument.

I don't think anybody on the right is begging Saudi Arabia to pump more crude. I think they don't understand why we can't simply use our own oil. But we understand, don't we? It is about power and control.

We do use our own oil. And yes, it is about power and control and the oil/gas producers proved that when they refused to ramp production to help the consumers:

Companies including Devon Energy DVN, +5.72%, EOG Resources EOG, +4.37%, Occidental Petroleum OXY, +3.29% and Diamondback Energy FANG, +5.23% have resisted increasing production. Instead, they are rewarding shareholders with juicy dividends and buybacks.

^^^Projection and lies.

If the fossil fuel industry can't handle the competition then it deserves to be put out of business.
Competition? Is that what the subsidies, tax credits for purchasing electric vehicles and solar panels from taxpayers is? Competition? Don't think so.

Despite all of the taxpayer "help" over the decades, petroleum products are still vital and necessary.

I get that Biden is fighting that, but the question remains why he isn't getting more pushback over it.
Pragmatism. We need to get off oil. The right wingers of this country have brought us full circle on dependence on oil.

Back
Top Bottom