• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House in Chaos: White House readies plan to replace Tillerson

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
The White House has readied a plan to oust embattled Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and replace him with CIA Director Mike Pompeo, who has become one of the most personally loyal and politically savvy members of President Trump's national security team, two administration officials confirmed Thursday.

The plan, hatched by White House chief of staff John F. Kelly, is expected to be set in motion over the next few weeks, and has broad support within Trump's inner circle, the officials said. But it was unclear whether Trump had signed off on the plan yet, and the president has been known to change his mind about personnel and other matters before finalizing decisions with public announcements.

Under the plan, Pompeo would likely be replaced at the CIA by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), one of Trump's most steadfast defenders and a confidant to some leading members of the foreign policy team, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the White House has not publicly announced the moves. White House spokesmen did not immediately comment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.4ffc3e0b89ef

hes-just-playing-4d-chess-america-again-its-fine-everything-20640940.png

Doesn't sound very confusing or chaotic.

it is CLEAR to me & it should be clear to all, OUR current government is Hellbent on becoming a militant terrorist organization ala Hitler 1930's Germany .......

You have them confused with ANTIFA and BLM.

Rex "Trump is a moron" Tillerson is gone. Around the first of the year. Others want out also and John Kelly is debating whether all should go at once or space them out a bit.

I'd go back and check out Obama's first term before making any hay over this.

Let's see your list. There has never been this much chaos in the White House in our entire history.

Moreover, even our British allies, our special relationship allies, had to condemn our president for tweeting out religious hate. This White is an unprecedented catastrophe. But everything is fine for you.

White House wanted to publicly shame Tillerson, source says

The hope from the White House, the source said, is to push out the plan to replace Tillerson and then "wait for him to punch out."

Remember when Trump called WaPo fake news when they reported about Tillerson wanting to leave? The Washington Post was right again.

I hope Tillerson talks to the media about what an enormous moron Trump really is and how he's a danger to the country.

it is CLEAR to me & it should be clear to all, OUR current government is Hellbent on becoming a militant terrorist organization ala Hitler 1930's Germany .......

I don't think the current administration has the metal, constitution or resolve or be that devious to duplicate Weimar Republic...

they are more like bunch of monkeys throwing feces at each other. Sadly the rest of are getting splattered with the pieces.

Diving Mullah

Doesn't sound very confusing or chaotic.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. According to reports I've read, Tillerson isn't planning to leave. Oh, maybe someday, but soon, not likely.

Back
Top Bottom