• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House Hosts Super Spreader Event Thursday Night

The AntiDonald

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Never in my life would I have expected such irresponsible activity from the Trump admin. Over 1000 people, none wearing masks, all packed in next to each other, whooping and hollering for hours. Defying all the DC Covid-19 guidelines.

Who will be the first one to die traced back to this dumb ass event. Not to mention it was all a huge violation of the Hatch Act.

Never in my life would I have expected such irresponsible activity from the Trump admin. Over 1000 people, none wearing masks, all packed in next to each other, whooping and hollering for hours. Defying all the DC Covid-19 guidelines.

Who will be the first one to die traced back to this dumb ass event. Not to mention it was all a huge violation of the Hatch Act.

if they didn't learn from Caine, they are not willing to learn.

6212020HermanCain.jpg

I did a rough calculation of the likely number of positive cases from Sturgis (which, so far, appear to be pretty accurate). The crowd at the White House were similarly unmasked and undistanced, so likely spreaders. They were even more commingled.

In a crowd of 1500, it is likely that 2-3 were already infected and infectious, but not overtly symptomatic. It does not appear that they were tested. I don't know if they were screened. Assuming 3 were infectious, 7-12 people would likely have been exposed and contracted the disease at the event (I'd suspect more, as these people were particularly resistant to mandates, but I'm being conservative). By next week (the average incubation period), those 7-12 will have infected 18-48 more people. Realistically, by Labor Day, I'd expect there to be 60 infectious cases from the event. Of those, 12 will be symptomatic, 3 will be hospitalized and one or two will die. By the time contact tracing gets back to the event (if it ever does), the next iteration will have occurred. Another 150-240 people will have contracted COVID from the event participants and family/friends. 30-50 will be sickened, 6-10 will be hospitalized and 3-6 will have died. That's the way diseases spread.

These are conservative numbers on purpose. It is unlikely that participants will voluntarily allow information to get out, but, if, like Herman Cain, they are prominent Trumplicans, it won't stay under wraps. Before November at least one prominent supporter will likely have died from COVID contracted because of the event, and maybe more. It's just math... and SCIENCE!

MLK, III just kind of commented on that kind of thing. He proclaimed that voting rights were being crushed and voters were being put in grave danger by being forced to stand in line to vote. He said that to a crowd of 100,000 or so all standing together along the reflecting pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial.

MLK, III just kind of commented on that kind of thing. He proclaimed that voting rights were being crushed and voters were being put in grave danger by being forced to stand in line to vote. He said that to a crowd of 100,000 or so all standing together along the reflecting pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial.
There are so many fallacies packed in that short paragraph, so I'll just highlight this one: How many of those people were forced to attend the rally (outside, and masked)? You do see the difference, right? (BTW, if there were 100,000 people, that's pretty impressive.)

Addendum: I looked it up:
Organizers were stringent about COVID-19 protocols put in place ahead of time, including requiring temperature checks and masks ahead of gaining entry. Hand-washing stations were made available. Additionally, buses from COVID hot spots were discouraged as organizers pointed to their virtual march programming, where people from around the country to tune in to hear the speeches.
'We cannot stop. We cannot quit': Thousands rally for racial justice at March on Washington (USA Today). If you wanted to present a contrast with the Trump rally, you did a good job.

Last edited:
There are so many fallacies packed in that short paragraph, so I'll just highlight this one: How many of those people were forced to attend the rally (outside, and masked)? You do see the difference, right? (BTW, if there were 100,000 people, that's pretty impressive.)

Addendum: I looked it up: 'We cannot stop. We cannot quit': Thousands rally for racial justice at March on Washington (USA Today). If you wanted to present a contrast with the Trump rally, you did a good job.

Yeah, there are definitely contrasts.

Dr. MLK was aspirational. MLK III and Sharpton have been pitching a list of grievances.

As far as wearing masks goes, if it's safe to be in a crowd of 100,000 as long as they're wearing masks then why is it dangerous to be in line with 20-50 others to vote?

And everyone I saw was wearing a mask, except for when they were speaking. Can you say that for Trump's WH rally?

Dr. MLK was aspirational. MLK III and Sharpton have been pitching a list of grievances.

As far as wearing masks goes, if it's safe to be in a crowd of 100,000 as long as they're wearing masks then why is it dangerous to be in line with 20-50 others to vote?

Because it not necessary if the Republican cheaters would quit complaining about mail in ballots. Trust me, when the time is right, I'll make the decision. The most logical thing would be to get the ballot by mail and return it early personally.

I did a rough calculation of the likely number of positive cases from Sturgis (which, so far, appear to be pretty accurate). The crowd at the White House were similarly unmasked and undistanced, so likely spreaders. They were even more commingled.

In a crowd of 1500, it is likely that 2-3 were already infected and infectious, but not overtly symptomatic. It does not appear that they were tested. I don't know if they were screened. Assuming 3 were infectious, 7-12 people would likely have been exposed and contracted the disease at the event (I'd suspect more, as these people were particularly resistant to mandates, but I'm being conservative). By next week (the average incubation period), those 7-12 will have infected 18-48 more people. Realistically, by Labor Day, I'd expect there to be 60 infectious cases from the event. Of those, 12 will be symptomatic, 3 will be hospitalized and one or two will die. By the time contact tracing gets back to the event (if it ever does), the next iteration will have occurred. Another 150-240 people will have contracted COVID from the event participants and family/friends. 30-50 will be sickened, 6-10 will be hospitalized and 3-6 will have died. That's the way diseases spread.

These are conservative numbers on purpose. It is unlikely that participants will voluntarily allow information to get out, but, if, like Herman Cain, they are prominent Trumplicans, it won't stay under wraps. Before November at least one prominent supporter will likely have died from COVID contracted because of the event, and maybe more. It's just math... and SCIENCE!

It's not like the people at this gathering were low income minorities. These people don't go to Walmart or engage in mass gathering protests on a daily basis. They probably have everything they need sent to them or have somebody to go get it for them. I'd say these people are probably much more hygienic than those who protest/riot. Many of them probably get tested often given their professions.

It was a bad look for sure but I don't know that it will necessarily be a superspreader event.

Evidently, optics are more important than public safety.

Okay, you missed the operative point. Those going to the March went voluntarily. The organizers were strict on social distancing, masking, sanitizing. It was an outdoor event.

Voting is an obligation. It mostly takes place indoors, and in person. Depending on the jurisdiction, there will be small, crowded venues and long waits. People don't volunteer for those conditions, they are imposed upon them (some, quite deliberately). Do you see the difference yet?

It's not like the people at this gathering were low income minorities. These people don't go to Walmart or engage in mass gathering protests on a daily basis. They probably have everything they need sent to them or have somebody to go get it for them. I'd say these people are probably much more hygienic than those who protest/riot. Many of them probably get tested often given their professions.

It was a bad look for sure but I don't know that it will necessarily be a superspreader event.

Well, so far, 4 positives.

Okay, you missed the operative point. Those going to the March went voluntarily. The organizers were strict on social distancing, masking, sanitizing. It was an outdoor event.

Voting is an obligation. It mostly takes place indoors, and in person. Depending on the jurisdiction, there will be small, crowded venues and long waits. People don't volunteer for those conditions, they are imposed upon them (some, quite deliberately). Do you see the difference yet?

Out of curiosity, did those thousands and thousands of people at the march use restrooms or did they just pee on the ground? Those people all used small, closed, crowded spaces at some point and did so as a matter of necessity. People line up at polling locations all the time, outside. They go inside, vote and go back outside. There's no reason that can't be done just like it can be done that everyone attends a rally on the national mall or shares the space inside the Target they are looting.

Back
Top Bottom