• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House: Global Warming Out, 'Global Climate Disruption' In

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
It looks like the religious nuts in the man made global warming fairy tale religion decided to invent a new term since "global cooling", "climate change" and "global warming" do not not scare the masses into believing.

FOXNews.com - White House: Global Warming Out, 'Global Climate Disruption' In

From the administration that brought you "man-caused disaster" and "overseas contingency operation," another terminology change is in the pipeline.

The White House wants the public to start using the term "global climate disruption" in place of "global warming" -- fearing the latter term oversimplifies the problem and makes it sound less dangerous than it really is.

White House science adviser John Holdren urged people to start using the phrase during a speech last week in Oslo, echoing a plea he made three years earlier. Holdren said global warming is a "dangerous misnomer" for a problem far more complicated than a rise in temperature.

The call comes as Congress prepares to adjourn for the season without completing work on a stalled climate bill. The term global warming has long been criticized as inaccurate, and the new push could be an attempt to re-shape climate messaging for next year's legislative session.

"They're trying to come up with more politically palatable ways to sell some of this stuff," said Republican pollster Adam Geller, noting that Democrats also rolled out a new logo and now refer to the Bush tax cuts as "middle-class tax cuts."

He said the climate change change-up likely derives from flagging public support for their bill to regulate emissions. He said the term "global warming" makes the cause easy to ridicule whenever there's a snowstorm.

"Every time we're digging our cars out -- what global warming?" he said. "(Global climate disruption is) more of a sort of generic blanket term, I guess, that can apply in all weather conditions."

It's unclear why Holdren prefers "global climate disruption" over "climate change," the most commonly used alternative to "global warming."

Last edited:
First global cooling, then global warming then climate change and now climate disruption.

LOL Pathetic

First global cooling, then global warming then climate change and now climate disruption.

LOL Pathetic

I kind of wondering what they will call it ten or twenty years from now assuming people are still stupid enough to buy into that fairy tale.

They probably should have stuck with the only known provable reality...climate change...which has been occurring since the beginning of time and weather.

One of the problems with ideologues...they will swallow anything. Without question. And with out seeing the obvious falsehoods and the hypocrisy of their ideological Gods.

i don't recall every seeing a major issue disappear and die so precipitously as global warm..., err, global climate destruction

it's laughable

he's SO outta touch

for those lucky enough to be young enough not to remember, newsweek's notorious 1975 entry, "the cooling world"

http://denisdutton.com/newsweek_coolingworld.pdf

we were all gonna starve!

LOL!

The HOAX of "Global Climate Disruption" wow catchy new name.

It has has become a Religion but those at the center of it are radical fundamentally Environmentally ill.

As I have said 100 times it has become about Money and control.

The environmental movement is all about profit and huge pay for those at the top at the expense of duped volunteers.

The Government BS is all about power and control with goodly portion redistribution of wealth as well.

Can we now rename "The National Economic Disruption" or maybe the "Obama Economic Disruption" or even better yet "The Trifecta of Doom's National Economic Disruption"

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything

Last edited:
The HOAX of "Global Climate Disruption" wow catchy new name.

It has has become a Religion but those at the center of it are radical fundamentally Environmentally ill.

As I have said 100 times it has become about Money and control.

The environmental movement id all about profit and huge pay for those at the top at the expense of duped volunteers.

The Government BS is all about power and control with goodly portion redistribution of wealth as well.

Can we now rename "The National Economic Disruption" or maybe the "Obama Economic Disruption" or even better yet "The Trifecta of Doom's National Economic Disruption"

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything

Actually I would prefer if we left things as they are...Ive got enough trees on my property to make me corbon positive...and if I can work out a deal with the local golf courses, Im going to leverage the rights to all THEIR trees and then Im going to sell carbon credits to the liberal morons looking to feel better about themselves...so...chill for a while, willya?

This is important because the earth really, really cares what label we put on the things that are happening.

nor did it care during the ice age...

just gotta find a catch phrase that will gain traction with the voters to justify cap and trade. Well...that and then repeal the Byrd amendment...

why did its proponents have to change its name?

i mean, it's not as if it's a STIMULUS

LOL!

why did its proponents have to change its name?

i mean, it's not as if it's a STIMULUS

LOL!

Im guessing they had to change the name because too much of the "Global Warming" phrase is connected with the outright lies, blatant dishonesty, tricking/gaming computer models, intentionally placing temp sensing equipment in hot zones to skew results, and then of course the bloated hypocrisy of Al, the Global Warming Messiah, Gore.

Im guessing they had to change the name because too much of the "Global Warming" phrase is connected with the outright lies, blatant dishonesty, tricking/gaming computer models, intentionally placing temp sensing equipment in hot zones to skew results, and then of course the bloated hypocrisy of Al, the Global Warming Messiah, Gore.

word, brother

LOL!!!

word

Al Gore is not a scientist and the phrase "global warming" was invented by journalists, not scientists. Have fun with your straw man, though. The more reasonable people will be reading peer-reviewed scientific papers and making up their own minds.

Al Gore is not a scientist and the phrase "global warming" was invented by journalists, not scientists. Have fun with your straw man, though. The more reasonable people will be reading peer-reviewed scientific papers and making up their own minds.

Splooosh...another dropped deuce...quality stuff baby...

CONNECTED WITH...ASSOCIATED WITH. Where did I say he created the term? And do you REALLY want to sit there and pretend he isnt the greasy fat sex poodle poster child of the Global Warming movement?

laughing-2.gif

Last edited:
Splooosh...another dropped deuce...quality stuff baby...

CONNECTED WITH...ASSOCIATED WITH. Where did I say he created the term? And do you REALLY want to sit there and pretend he isnt the greasy fat sex poodle poster child of the Global Warming movement?

laughing-2.gif

Well, no, I do not now nor have I ever cared one bit about what Al Gore thinks. I've never watched that movie of his, I've never watched one of his speeches or presentations, the only time I ever even hear about Al Gore is when climate denialists are screeching about him. Again, enjoy your straw man.

I'm kind of in the middle of this issue. While I don't think global warming is fact, I don't think people who are denying global warming are right either. I think we don't know. I think more scientific study is needed on the issue. Though, I will always support legislation to stop pollution, when did pollution become a conservative value? I think it's a good thing that the government can cap pollution, I think that it is our responsibility as the top species on the planet to not screw it up beyond recognition. For our descendants, and for every other living animal on the planet.

I'm kind of in the middle of this issue. While I don't think global warming is fact, I don't think people who are denying global warming are right either. I think we don't know. I think more scientific study is needed on the issue. Though, I will always support legislation to stop pollution, when did pollution become a conservative value? I think it's a good thing that the government can cap pollution, I think that it is our responsibility as the top species on the planet to not screw it up beyond recognition. For our descendants, and for every other living animal on the planet.

So global warming is not a "fact" but people who say it's not fact are wrong?

Uhhh. Ok. Can you elaborate? What part "isn't fact?"

Well, no, I do not now nor have I ever cared one bit about what Al Gore thinks. I've never watched that movie of his, I've never watched one of his speeches or presentations, the only time I ever even hear about Al Gore is when climate denialists are screeching about him. Again, enjoy your straw man.

Deuce...I will allow that YOU...dont view Gore as the single most obvious face of the entire global warming crowd in the last 10 years. Sure...why not. But then...this thread isnt the "Deuce is so ****ing important that his smug attitude rules the world with regard to Global Warming" thread. Nope. This thread is about how the White House has been encouraged to change the Global Warming label because it doesnt look like they can pass thier scam of cap and trade as things currently sit. The REASON? The world isnt convinced that a bunch of lies, false statements, half truths from personally invested 'peers' is a valid reason to further bankrupt the worlds economy. And the inconvenient bloated pig sex poodle that is Al Gore (who apparently everyone but YOU finds to be the voice and face of Global Warming) began losing credibility as soon as he released his Inconvenient Lie. Oh...maybe people are wary of 'scientists' that are agenda driven have been so wrong for so long on so many things that their cries of the sky falling just isnt gaining traction. Or maybe its the fact that the climate has ALWAYS changed and Global Warming just isnt selling anymore. For whatever reason. The White House dumped the loser title of 'Global Warming' . And thats what the thread is about. Not that you personally have never heard the guy that has been THE global Warming cheerleader since 1996 and the failed Kyoto Protocal.

So global warming is not a "fact" but people who say it's not fact are wrong?

Uhhh. Ok. Can you elaborate? What part "isn't fact?"

I'm stating we don't know. That there needs to be more studies, and to say either way is dishonest at this point.

YouTube - Al Gore, wins Nobel, Inconvenient Truth

the nobel has become a joke, it goes without saying

global warming expired as a platform

whether it's science or hoax, as an issue IT AINT MOVIN AN INCH

not anywhere on THIS planet, leastaways

sorry

Last edited:
"Global warming" is a confusing term because all of the morons that disagree with it say "it's snowing here so wtf are they talking about" as if that's some kind of argument.

Global warming implies that the world is getting warmer all over the world, not just a few places here and there. Hence the term global. Its not called "only in a few places it gets warmer". So yes it is kind of harder to argue that man made global warming is real if is snowing outside in September.

Last edited:
I kind of wondering what they will call it ten or twenty years from now assuming people are still stupid enough to buy into that fairy tale.

We'll all be dead by then, didn't you read the IPCC report? ;)

Global warming implies that the world is getting warmer all over the world, not just a few places here and there. Hence the term global. Its not called "only in a few places it gets warmer". So yes it is kind of harder to argue that man made global warming is real if is snowing outside in September.

So near yet so far. AVERAGE temperatures continue to climb, so that it's "In most places it gets warmer" but it can still be cold enough to snow, even if it's less cold than usual. It's tricky for the hard of understanding to follow, but this new description is obviously even more complex.

Back
Top Bottom