• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House dodges questions on voicemail Joe Biden allegedly left for Hunter Biden on business dealings

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
So is this a Russian troll who left the VM. I thought Jose said he knew nothing of Hunters business? Something is not adding up here.

———-

he White House on Tuesday dodged questions about a leaked voicemail President Biden purportedly left for his son Hunter Biden about his overseas business dealings, maintaining that any materials that allegedly originated from his son’s now-infamous laptop would not be discussed.

Biden reportedly spoke to Hunter about China deals in leaked voicemail

President Biden has repeatedly denied discussing Hunter's business ventures with him. His son is currently under federal investigation for his tax affairs predicated by suspicious foreign transactions.

After you solve this earth shattering news can we move on to something a bit more important like hillary's emails?

So is this a Russian troll who left the VM. I thought Jose said he knew nothing of Hunters business? Something is not adding up here.

———-

he White House on Tuesday dodged questions about a leaked voicemail President Biden purportedly left for his son Hunter Biden about his overseas business dealings, maintaining that any materials that allegedly originated from his son’s now-infamous laptop would not be discussed.

President Biden has repeatedly denied discussing Hunter's business ventures with him. His son is currently under federal investigation for his tax affairs predicated by suspicious foreign transactions.

IF this is true -

WHaT laW diD JOe BIDen bReAk?

After you solve this earth shattering news can we move on to something a bit more important like hillary's emails?
Why did Joe feel the need to lie? Is he covering up something? Maybe 10m for such a little ‘Big Guy’?

Georgia subpoenas have VySky all nervous... Time for a Hunter tirade...

Why did Joe feel the need to lie? Is he covering up something? Maybe 10m for such a little ‘Big Guy’?

Don't worry, Rudy and Lindsey are gonna have fun in the peach state...

Biden is not talking to his son about his business ventures in the voice mail.

Lol, let us know when you solve the crime.

OH damn. Now you've got him. A voicemail. This surely will be the end of the Biden Crime Family.

Orrrrrrr....we could take the Trumpist tack..."Not necessarily illegal". There. Done.

Ehhh, I’m not convinced of anything yet. Until damming evidence is presented I will maintain that the “I’ve never talked to my son about his overseas dealings” paraphrase on my part) was a tactical misstep and a politician over-denying.

"Hey pal, it’s Dad. It’s 8:15 on Wednesday night. If you have a chance give me a call. Nothing urgent—I just wanted to talk with you," Biden is heard saying in a voicemail from 2018. "I thought the article released online, it’s going to be printed tomorrow in the Times, was good. I think you’re clear."
Now that's a five potato alarm.

(Seriously? This is what OP presents as nefarious? I guess they need a distraction from their attempt to rig future elections their way)

"Hey pal, it’s Dad. It’s 8:15 on Wednesday night. If you have a chance give me a call. Nothing urgent—I just wanted to talk with you," Biden is heard saying in a voicemail from 2018. "I thought the article released online, it’s going to be printed tomorrow in the Times, was good. I think you’re clear."

(Seriously? This is what OP presents as nefarious? I guess they need a distraction from their attempt to rig future elections their way)
Why did Jose feel the need to
Lie about if there is no there there?

Reactions: PoS
Georgia subpoenas have VySky all nervous... Time for a Hunter tirade...
If social media like FB and Twitter had been around in the early 1990's we would still be seeing recycled Roger Clinton meme's. This kind of stuff is the lowest common denominator type of deflection.

———-

Both links in the OP = Fox News. The extent to which facts supported wide negative reporting on Trump is met exclusively by RWE media "reporting" is interesting to observe. Hunter is predictably "trotted out" when there is no reasonable defense by Trump apologists to the evidence of Trump's criminality.

How ridiculous is this?

Last edited:

———-

FOX News is still fake news no matter how you try to disguise ............

The point is that Joe has *repeatedly* claimed to have never had anything to do, or even discussed, Hunter's business dealings. That is clearly untrue.

I heard Hillary called Hunter and they laughed about how desperate Fox News and it’s drooling fan base are.

———-

Joe Biden is a liar is the short answer.

What continues to amaze me is how little the press thinks of the American people that they think they can ignore this and the collective won't notice that they are helping cover Biden's big lie.

The point is that Joe has *repeatedly* claimed to have never had anything to do, or even discussed, Hunter's business dealings. That is clearly untrue.

"The point is," this is all you've got. Times reporters ask Hunter to comment on a story they are going to publish, it mentions his father, Joe. Hunter gives his father a "heads up," that the Times has asked him to comment and that Joe will be mentioned. The article appears online. Joe calls his son Hunter, to share his reaction.

The MSN link to foxnews.com describes this, excerpted from the NYtimes.com article I linked to, below.

"..An aide to Mr. Ye met the vice president’s second son, Hunter Biden, in Washington. Mr. Ye then met privately with Hunter Biden at a hotel in Miami in May 2017, according to people with direct knowledge of the meetings who were not authorized to speak publicly because the meetings were private. Mr. Ye proposed a partnership to invest in American infrastructure and energy deals, the people said."

From the link in this thread's OP,

"..I just wanted to talk with you," Biden is heard saying in a voicemail from 2018. "I thought the article released online, it’s going to be printed tomorrow in the Times, was good. I think you’re clear."

FEDERAL INVESTIGATION CONTINUES INTO HUNTER BIDEN EVEN AFTER HE PAID HIS TAX BILL

The article Biden was referring to was published by the New York Times in December 2018 and reported a private meeting between the chairman of a now-defunct Chinese energy company, CEFC, and Hunter Biden at a Miami hotel in May 2017.

When asked about the voicemail, Jean-Pierre was asked why..."

A Chinese Tycoon Sought Power and Influence. Washington Responded.​

Ye Jianming courted the Biden family and networked with former United States security officials. Today, his empire is crashing down in court.
By Alexandra Stevenson, David Barboza, Matthew Goldstein and Paul Mozur
Dec. 12, 2018
"...

Ye Jianming, a fast-rising Chinese oil tycoon, ventured to places only the most politically connected Chinese companies dared to go. But what he wanted was access to the corridors of power in Washington — and he set out to get it.

Soon, he was meeting with the family of Joseph R. Biden Jr., who was then the vice president. He dined with R. James Woolsey Jr., a former Central Intelligence Agency director and later a senior adviser to President Trump.
During this period, the vice president’s son was managing Rosemont Seneca Partners, an investment firm he formed with Chris Heinz, the stepson of John Kerry, the former secretary of state. Mr. Heinz said he has no knowledge of CEFC and ended his relationship with Rosemont Seneca in 2015.

It is unclear whether Hunter Biden struck any business deals with CEFC or Mr. Ye. Through his attorney, Hunter Biden declined to comment.

CEFC also tried to bring prominent Republicans into its orbit in anticipation that they might take control of the White House after the 2016 election..."

Last edited:
this earth shattering news needs investigation. remember , we found out that hillary was being, at best, a dumbass with her emails.

You know the lefties are afraid when they start downplaying things. This thread has multiple examples of such.

You know the lefties are afraid when they start downplaying things. This thread has multiple examples of such.
You know you have no idea what Fox News is influencing you to believe. Post anything close to this disclosure by Hunter Biden about this very matter Fox News influences you to "push" here, that is comparable disclosure from Kushner responsive to his $2 billion "gift" from MBS.

Included in my post on this forum, three months ago, replying to this post in that thread, by you,

That’s what happens when they refuse to accept reality. It’s hard.
My post, replying to yours, is time stamped April 12:

"Background reported two weeks ago to reporting nearly three years old,

Link to cached page of this article,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/30/hunter-biden-china-laptop/

..​

A Washington Post review confirms key details and offers new documentation of Biden family interactions with Chinese executives​

March 30, 2022

"...An intermediary from CEFC initially reached out to Hunter Biden in December 2015 to set up a meeting between the then-vice president’s son and Ye Jianming, the founder and chairman of the Chinese firm, according to verified emails from a purported copy of the laptop hard drive reviewed by the outside experts for The Post.
Vuk Jeremic, a Serbian politician who had recently served as president of the U.N. General Assembly, wrote in an email to the younger Biden that he was hosting a small private dinner in Washington with Ye — whom he called “one of the 10 wealthiest Chinese businessmen” — and wanted Hunter to attend.
“He’s young and dynamic, with the top-level connections in his country,” Jeremic wrote in the Dec. 1, 2015, email...."

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/08/will-hunter-biden-jeopardize-his-fathers-campaign
Joe Biden’s son is under scrutiny for his business dealings and tumultuous personal life.
By Adam Entous
July 1, 2019
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/fee...m_brand=the-new-yorker&utm_social-type=earned
"...
One of Kathleen’s motions contains a reference to “a large diamond” that had come into Hunter’s possession. The motion seems to imply that it was one of Hunter’s “personal indulgences.” When I asked him about it, he told me that he had been given the diamond by the Chinese energy tycoon Ye Jianming, who was trying to make connections in Washington among prominent Democrats and Republicans, and whom he had met in the middle of the divorce. Hunter told me that two associates accompanied him to his first meeting with Ye, in Miami, ..

Hunter was on the board of the World Food Program USA, a nonprofit that generates support for the U.N. World Food Programme, and he had hoped that Ye would make a large aid donation. At dinner that night, they discussed the donation, and then the conversation turned to business opportunities. Hunter offered to use his contacts to help identify investment opportunities for Ye’s company, CEFC China Energy, in liquefied-natural-gas projects in the United States. After the dinner, Ye sent a 2.8-carat diamond to Hunter’s hotel room with a card thanking him for their meeting. “I was, like, Oh, my God,” Hunter said. (In Kathleen’s court motion, the diamond is estimated to be worth eighty thousand dollars. Hunter said he believes the value is closer to ten thousand.) When I asked him if he thought the diamond was intended as a bribe, he said no: “What would they be bribing me for? My dad wasn’t in office.” Hunter said that he gave the diamond to his associates, .. I just felt like it was weird,” he said...".."

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Afraid over nothing?
Any other nothing burgers you wanna unearth from 10 years ago?
Anything to distract from Lady G in GA and Jan 6th commission.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Afraid over nothing?
Any other nothing burgers you wanna unearth from 10 years ago?
Anything to distract from Lady G in GA and Jan 6th commission.
VySky has had three months to consider what I pointed out to him in this post, that Hunter Biden was offered the opportunity to meet this Chinese Tycoon in December, 2015, while his father Joe still had a final full year to serve as VPOTUS.

That’s what happens when they refuse to accept reality. It’s hard.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/30/hunter-biden-china-laptop/

A Washington Post review confirms key details and offers new documentation of Biden family interactions with Chinese executives​

March 30, 2022

"...An intermediary from CEFC initially reached out to Hunter Biden in December 2015 to set up a meeting between the then-vice president’s son and Ye Jianming, the founder and chairman of the Chinese firm, according to verified emails from a purported copy of the laptop hard drive reviewed by the outside experts for The Post.
Vuk Jeremic, a Serbian politician who had recently served as president of the U.N. General Assembly, wrote in an email to the younger Biden that he was hosting a small private dinner in Washington with Ye — whom he called “one of the 10 wealthiest Chinese businessmen” — and wanted Hunter to attend.
“He’s young and dynamic, with the top-level connections in his country,” Jeremic wrote in the Dec. 1, 2015, email.
Hunter Biden was unable to attend the dinner and Jeremic said in an email to The Post.. and found out from media reports that the two had eventually connected...."

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/08/will-hunter-biden-jeopardize-his-fathers-campaign

Will Hunter Biden Jeopardize His Father’s Campaign?​

By Adam Entous
July 1, 2019
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?&display=popup&caption=The Lives and Losses of Hunter Biden&app_id=1147169538698836&link=https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/08/will-hunter-biden-jeopardize-his-fathers-campaign?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=the-new-yorker&utm_social-type=earned
"...
Hunter told me that two associates accompanied him to his first meeting with Ye, in Miami, ..

Hunter was on the board of the World Food Program USA, a nonprofit that generates support for the U.N. World Food Programme, and he had hoped that Ye would make a large aid donation. ... After the dinner, Ye sent a 2.8-carat diamond to Hunter’s hotel room with a card thanking him for their meeting. “I was, like, Oh, my God,” Hunter said. (In Kathleen’s court motion, the diamond is estimated to be worth eighty thousand dollars. Hunter said he believes the value is closer to ten thousand.) When I asked him if he thought the diamond was intended as a bribe, he said no: “What would they be bribing me for? My dad wasn’t in office.” Hunter said that he gave the diamond to his associates, ..."

VS the Fox News "reporting" in this thread's OP...

White House dodges questions on voicemail Joe Biden allegedly left for Hunter Biden on business dealings
"..The article Biden was referring to was published by the New York Times in December 2018 and reported a private meeting between the chairman of a now-defunct Chinese energy company, CEFC, and Hunter Biden at a Miami hotel in May 2017...."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom