• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House Demands Protection For Unborn Children After Celebrating Supreme Court...

Re: White House Demands Protection For Unborn Children After Celebrating Supreme Cour

Good question. And again it goes to society's vast number of contradictions when it comes to the issues of life and death I mentioned above. We're at a point in most of the Western world where it's a given that women have the right to choose whether or not to terminate a pregnancy. We're also at a point where we can perform in-utero surgeries to save an unborn child's life or correct an abnormality before birth. The latter, I think, being something that most of us can agree is a very, very good thing. Pardon the pun, but why throw the baby out with the bath water just because you want to proverbially stick it to the other side? That's a very immature reaction. How about we put the focus on what unites us instead?
All well and good except the verbiage kinda sucks, doesnt it. You want to save an 'unborn childs life'. But you dont mind the wholesale slaughter of a million 'unborn children'. And you want to talk about an 'immature reaction'?

Re: White House Demands Protection For Unborn Children After Celebrating Supreme Cour

All well and good except the verbiage kinda sucks, doesnt it. You want to save an 'unborn childs life'. But you dont mind the wholesale slaughter of a million 'unborn children'. And you want to talk about an 'immature reaction'?

Like I said before, it all comes down to what value we assign to life. Some believe that human life is valuable at all stages of development. I don't. The only value a first trimester pregnancy holds for me is the value the mother places on it. I make no apologies for that and have acknowledged the contradictions. I don't want to "save" anybody. That'snot what this thread is about. I just want couples to have science on their side when they choose to have a baby. Everyone wants a healthy child. There should be bi-partisan agreement on at least that much. That's what the White House spokesman meant.

Like I said before, it all comes down to what value we assign to life. Some believe that human life is valuable at all stages of development. I don't. The only value a first trimester pregnancy holds for me is the value the mother places on it. I make no apologies for that and have acknowledged the contradictions. I don't want to "save" anybody. That'snot what this thread is about. I just want couples to have science on their side when they choose to have a baby. Everyone wants a healthy child. There should be bi-partisan agreement on at least that much. That's what the White House spokesman meant.
You know what? I apologize. I kinda told myself a while back I was sort of done with this whole topic. I'm not in favor of banning abortion. I think we should be working to that whole safe legal and rare mythological goal that some people like to talk about with this subject but I also realize my being a dick to you about this subject doesnt help. It doesnt score points. It just doesnt help. This is a sincere apology. For what its worth.

You know what? I apologize. I kinda told myself a while back I was sort of done with this whole topic. I'm not in favor of banning abortion. I think we should be working to that whole safe legal and rare mythological goal that some people like to talk about with this subject but I also realize my being a dick to you about this subject doesnt help. It doesnt score points. It just doesnt help. This is a sincere apology. For what its worth.

Oh no, that's okay! I didn't think you were being a dick at all. I know this topic can get heated. But thank you for the apology. :)

Back
Top Bottom