• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House COVID super-spreader

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
EgeMRePWkAEv5iw.jpg

Not only is this a massive violation of the Hatch Act, it's also a COVID super-spreader event.

How are universities supposed to persuade students not to risk parties when the first frat to violate those rules is... The White House.

This sends a terrible message. A White House official explained it away with: “Everybody is going to catch this thing eventually.”

EgeMRePWkAEv5iw.jpg

Not only is this a massive violation of the Hatch Act, it's also a COVID super-spreader event.

How are universities supposed to persuade students not to risk parties when the first frat to violate those rules is... The White House.

This sends a terrible message. A White House official explained it away with: “Everybody is going to catch this thing eventually.”

If anything illustrates why we have to get Trump out of the White House, this does. I also heard that the attendees had to sign a waiver not to sue if they get the virus from having attended. Anyone else hear that?

Yes, the event was held outside, and yes, that makes it much safer than if it were held indoors. But if you pack people that close together without masks, that's going to remove much of the advantage of being outdoors. The most recent report I saw yesterday is that four people were tested positive for cv19, which means that the virus almost certainly spread through a chunk of that crowd.

EgeMRePWkAEv5iw.jpg

I believe that

The most cost/effective way of dealing with the so-called COVID-19 situation is to allow the infection to spread as rapidly and widely as possible since that will ensure that those who are going to die from it die as quickly as possible and then we can all get back to doing what we normally do and start making big profits again.

is "The Official Trump Plan".

Super spreaders all over the country sanctioned by democrats ...

1218460006.jpg.0.jpg

I believe that no other Administration would have done something like that. At least a few of the people who attended that fiasco will sorely regret it.

Super spreaders all over the country sanctioned by democrats ...

Does

So, just because Billy jumped off the garage roof and onto the driveway, you thought that it was a good thing to jump off the garage roof and onto the driveway, did you? Does that mean that your broken leg isn't a broken leg like Billy's broken leg is?

sound vaguely familiar?

Does

So, just because Billy jumped off the garage roof and onto the driveway, you thought that it was a good thing to jump off the garage roof and onto the driveway, did you? Does that mean that your broken leg isn't a broken leg like Billy's broken leg is?

sound vaguely familiar?

Sounds a lot like something my mother would have said. In fact, she probably did say something similar.

I believe that

The most cost/effective way of dealing with the so-called COVID-19 situation is to allow the infection to spread as rapidly and widely as possible since that will ensure that those who are going to die from it die as quickly as possible and then we can all get back to doing what we normally do and start making big profits again.

is "The Official Trump Plan".

Yes, that's the plan. Now, let's take a look at the numbers: If it takes 2/3 to achieve herd immunity, that's about 200,000,000 Americans. If the 3% mortality holds, that's six million deaths.

Then, the virus goes away, unless it is possible to get it more than once

Yes, that's the plan. Now, let's take a look at the numbers: If it takes 2/3 to achieve herd immunity, that's about 200,000,000 Americans. If the 3% mortality holds, that's six million deaths.

Then, the virus goes away, unless it is possible to get it more than once

That "3% mortality" is actually more like 5.22% mortality. The reason that the lower number exists is that it doesn't now concern itself with actually measuring "outcome". To measure "outcome" you have to look at "closed cases" only (because you have absolutely no idea whether or not the "active cases" are going to result in deaths).

That means that you want to be looking at column nine rather than column eight of the table below.

20-08-29 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID.jpg

If you divide the number in column eight by the number in column seven, the difference (if there is one) between the result obtained and the number in column nine can only be seen in the 9th decimal place.

Last edited:
That "3% mortality" is actually more like 5.22% mortality. The reason that the lower number exists is that it doesn't now concern itself with actually measuring "outcome". To measure "outcome" you have to look at "closed cases" only (because you have absolutely no idea whether or not the "active cases" are going to result in deaths).

That means that you want to be looking at column nine rather than column eight of the table below.

Could be. I'll try to remember that next time someone claims that the mortality is way less than 1%, as some have done.

That would make the death toll over ten million, wouldn't it.

Yes, the event was held outside, and yes, that makes it much safer than if it were held indoors. But if you pack people that close together without masks, that's going to remove much of the advantage of being outdoors. The most recent report I saw yesterday is that four people were tested positive for cv19, which means that the virus almost certainly spread through a chunk of that crowd.

Did the 4 people who tested positive attend the White House outing? Nope!

Lets get our facts straight unless you are trying to purposely mislead.

Yes, indeed, let's get our facts straight:

[h=1]Four People at Republican National Convention Test Positive for Coronavirus[/h]
FOUR PEOPLE WHO WERE AT the Republican National Convention in North Carolina tested positive for the coronavirus.

A tweet from Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, said "2 attendees & 2 event support people tested positive for COVID-19 at the Republcan National Convention."

You're right, it was the GOP Convention in Charlotte, not the White House. The people in Charlotte are obviously going to be in a lot worse shape because it was indoors and there were just so many damn people. That was a super spreader incident to be sure.

I'm still certain that the convention at the White House will be a spreader incident since only one of three safe practices were followed (being outside). The near total absence of masks and lack of social distancing will end up being a problem.

You're right, it was the GOP Convention in Charlotte, not the White House. The people in Charlotte are obviously going to be in a lot worse shape because it was indoors and there were just so many damn people. That was a super spreader incident to be sure.

I'm still certain that the convention at the White House will be a spreader incident since only one of three safe practices were followed (being outside). The near total absence of masks and lack of social distancing will end up being a problem.

The White House event was stupid. The area was big enough for them to spread out. It would have been a good look if everybody wore a mask. The Democrats would have one less thing to complain about and it would have been the right message to send during these times. I suppose playing to their base trumped(no pun intended) all of this.

The White House event was stupid. The area was big enough for them to spread out. It would have been a good look if everybody wore a mask. The Democrats would have one less thing to complain about and it would have been the right message to send during these times. I suppose playing to their base trumped(no pun intended) all of this.

Barely mentioning the pandemic, zero social distancing and zero masks were all a very specific message: "We're not having this conversation anymore." Illegally using the White House as a prop was also a message: "We're not having any more conversations about Trump crimes. Go to hell."

In North Carolina! I said White House outing.

This rushing to judgment by you people is becoming a big problem in this nation.

I bet you thought you were gonna get a bunch of likes for this "gotcha".

you're the one who said we need to get our facts straight.
So, I posted one.

Oh, and notice first person singular: I. I'm really only one person.

Trump had to show his true colors. He doesn't care who gets the virus, after all, only how many will stand and cheer when he tells his whoppers.

That was at the NC convention.. but I had not heard it about the WH event yet.

Could be. I'll try to remember that next time someone claims that the mortality is way less than 1%, as some have done.

Those who claim that the mortality rate is less than 1% use the following table

20-08-30 Z8 - Silly Calcs.JPG

which divides the number of cases and the number of deaths by the whole populations of the countries.

Using that criterion, the BS (Statistics) department of The University of Numerology has determined that the US ranks 1[sup]st[/sup] (out of 10 [no other country has as high a number as the US does]} for the number of cases and 3[sup]rd[/sup] (out of 10 [only two countries have higher numbers than the US does]) for the number of deaths.

That would make the death toll over ten million, wouldn't it.

Around 10.4 million if you want to get picky.

Since the average person in the US knows approximately 600 people, that would mean that - statistically - every American would personally know around 19 people who had died from COVID-19 (assuming that I did the math correctly).

So the next time you have to deal with one of the "Let the whole thing run its course until it has killed everyone that it is going to kill so that we can get on with our lives." crowd, just ask them for their list of the 19 people that they know whom they consider to be the most disposable. (Oh yes, and ask for a contact number so that you can inform those 19 people that the person you are talking to considers them to be disposable.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom