• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House confirms 'criminal' probe over Clinton emails, 'shreds' campaign claim

Re: White House confirms 'criminal' probe over Clinton emails, 'shreds' campaign clai

Justice has eluded the corrupt Clinton's for 25 years nothing will change ! :shock:

One would think that, if there were really anything to the "criminal charges" that are alleged to have been made, the Clintons would have been indicted years ago.

If, on the other hand, those criminal charges are simply overblown and politically motivated allegations, then we wouldn't expect more than political rhetoric to have come from them.

Re: White House confirms 'criminal' probe over Clinton emails, 'shreds' campaign clai

Once Obama went out and supported/encouraged the Hillary Clinton presidency, that was a clear signal to the FBI and other investigative agencies.

I think it is going to be very difficult for any Justice Department employee to disown Obama's choice.

The very minute that Obama made his announcement yesterday, that was the bitter end to any possible charges being brought forth against Hillary.

Just like the Economic Terrorists at the banks, Hillary is now "Too Big To Fail".

Calm

That will be the end of that person's career.

It would be a really odd choice considering that he, and Biden, came out immediately thereafter and endorsed Hillary for President.

Well, not really. If their objective was to unite the party around a Hillary replacement that would require that they didn't appear to be planning Hillary's demise. IF they were planning on allowing the indictment to move forward then they would almost have to endorse her first or risk losing Hillary supporters.

Right , after the WH spin doctors get done HRC will be up for sainthood ! :lamo:lamo

You forgot to add the spin doctors in the media. They are hiding pretty much anything that could possibly damage Hillary the same way they did with Obama twice.

I'm not too sure about that... The story that broke this morning on ABC News about her appointing a six figure Clinton Foundation donor with no experience, to a sensitive government intelligence board while she was Secretary of State, is going to be a tough one for her to run away from.

I'm positive that all her cult members will ignore all that. It being the slightest bit tricky is probably well beyond most of the electorate that will probably end up voting for her anyway.

I agree... based on what we've learned about Obama, his endorsement of Hillary means that there's no chance in hell the DOJ will indict her.

The fix is in... You can take that to the bank.

Seems that we are witnessing the rape and pillage of lady justice by these characters.

Q To your knowledge, has President Obama ever discussed the Department of Justice investigation with Mrs. Clinton?

MR. EARNEST: He has not. He has not.

I wonder why not. He was her employer.

Welcome to left's version of holding government and elected officials accountable (if they are from the correct party).

It was a general statement about FBI investigations.

Q So when a career prosecutor or an FBI agent who’s working on the Clinton investigation hears this President speak openly of how he wants Hillary Clinton to succeed him, you don’t think that that career prosecutor or that FBI agent takes that as some indication of how the President wants to see this case resolved?

MR. EARNEST: No. I think that those career prosecutors understand that they have a job to do, and that that job that they’re supposed to -- which is to follow the facts, to pursue the evidence to a logical conclusion -- that that is a job that they are responsible for doing without any sort of political interference. And the President expects them to do that job.

And, look, this is the reason that we actually ask career federal prosecutors to take the lead on these kinds of matters. They’re the ones who conduct this investigation. They don’t have political jobs.

They have career jobs as law enforcement officers and as prosecutors and as investigators. And that’s what their responsibility is. And that’s why the President, when discussing this issue, in each stage has reiterated his commitment to this principle -- that any criminal investigation should be conducted independent of any sort of political interference and that people should be treated the same way before the law, regardless of their political influence, regardless of their political party, regardless of their political stature, and regardless of what political figure has endorsed them.

Q To your knowledge, has President Obama ever discussed the Department of Justice investigation with Mrs. Clinton?

MR. EARNEST: He has not. He has not.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...-briefing-press-secretary-josh-earnest-692016

But if you want to bank on Hillary being charged criminally - gopherit.

Why should the legality of what she did matter to any intelligent voter ?

She's basically claiming ignorance at this point.

That she as Secretary of State didn't know she would be receiving and sending classified documents

Right ? Whether they were marked or not is irrelevant

So she's either a complete imbecile and had no idea that she as Sec State would have to store send and recieve classified material on a private unsecured server or she's a liar

Why should the legality of what she did matter to any intelligent voter ?

She's basically claiming ignorance at this point.

That she as Secretary of State didn't know she would be receiving and sending classified documents

Right ? Whether they were marked or not is irrelevant

So she's either a complete imbecile and had no idea that she as Sec State would have to store send and recieve classified material on a private unsecured server or she's a liar

Deja Vu.

I see nothing new here, nothing unexpected, and nothing different.

What bears mentioning here is the growing LACK of difference between the two presumptives. Trumpettes ignore all the belligerent horse**** spewing from Trumps maw just as Hillary's supporters have been ignoring everything he did as SS.

I have a standing request for all Hillary supporters. I used to ask for five, but I want to see ONE thing Hillary has accomplished, whether it be an introduced law, a foreign policy success, anything.

I've been asking the same question in various forms since she was named Secretary of State and still not one thing....

One thing is certain....the 'difference" between the contestants continues to narrow

White House confirms 'criminal' probe over Clinton emails, 'shreds' campaign claim | Fox News

More smoke from the Obama Camp. This won't end how it should, with Hillary frog-marched to a cell. She broke every ****ing security rule in the book, but because she's a big time political elite she won't be touched. Like most of these situations, the elite get off scot-free. Anyone with knowledge of security policies knows what a ****ing sham this is.

The hatred of Hillary Clinton is really funny to watch.

Squirm all you want...and do it as publicly has you want. You have that right...and I am delighted to see you exercising it.

Nah, that ain't going to happen. Obama is supporting Hillary, no indictment no jail no trial no nothing. "Oh it was just an error in judgment."

I heard he had a closed door meeting with our sleazy AG yesterday also. Wonder what that was about. "Hey, make this Hillary stuff go away, fast. And what can you come up with against Trump?"

Here's an interesting thought:
If this drags on until after the Nov. election with no real resolution, then what happens if Hillary gets elected and then indicted?? Could this be a way to get a hand-picked Dem. Party faithful who wouldn't have a chance of getting elected otherwise into the WH?? If Sanders stays away from the VP slot (which is his for the asking), then the Dem. Party could easily be simply setting up Hillary for a fall in order to put someone they want into the WH. For example, if the DNC wanted Pelosi as POTUS, but they knew that she'd never get elected, since she brings so much negative to the game, they could put her in the VP slot and then throw Hilary under the bus for the email issue and have Queen Nancy in the WH.

just a theory, but it's interesting thought to consider...

If this drags on until after the Nov. election with no real resolution, then what happens if Hillary gets elected and then indicted?? Could this be a way to get a hand-picked Dem. Party faithful who wouldn't have a chance of getting elected otherwise into the WH?? If Sanders stays away from the VP slot (which is his for the asking), then the Dem. Party could easily be simply setting up Hillary for a fall in order to put someone they want into the WH. For example, if the DNC wanted Pelosi as POTUS, but they knew that she'd never get elected, since she brings so much negative to the game, they could put her in the VP slot and then throw Hilary under the bus for the email issue and have Queen Nancy in the WH.

The Constitution doesn't work according to party affiliation.

Squirm all you want...and do it as publicly has you want. You have that right...and I am delighted to see you exercising it.

I'm not squirming at all. Hillary has earned her hate, let me tell you. But mostly she getting away with something that ANY ordinary federal employee would go to jail for.

Some may call me naïve, but I don't believe for one minute that professionals within the Justice Department are the slightest bit cowed by President Obama's endorsement of Hillary Clinton's nomination. Political interference in active investigations is a myth since Watergate and whistle blower legislation and the career professionals in the Justice Department are just as likely, if not more so, to favour conservative ideology as they are to favour liberal ideology. It is possible and sometimes likely that political interference can have impact when it comes to whether an investigation is commenced, but once it starts I don't believe that any political interference is attempted and if it is it would be flatly rejected, particularly coming from a White House that has one foot out the door.

I fully remember back to the Bush II administration and the active investigations of the Vice President, Scooter Libby, and others in the State Department and even though both President Bush and VP Cheney strongly supported Libby, President Bush made it clear that wherever the Justice Department investigation led it was perfectly fine with him. I don't know if he has, but if President Obama hasn't made a similar public pronouncement in this matter he should have or should now. But even if he doesn't, I don't believe it will matter one bit to the professionals in law enforcement and justice as they go about conducting their business.

Criminal indictment* isn't a bar to the Presidency. Hillary could simply refuse to resign, and unless they managed to impeach her there'd be nothing to be done.

*It's doubtful that a sitting President could even be criminally prosecuted in the first place.

I wonder why Hillary's supporters think that she'll treat them any better than she treats anyone else. Do they think that she'll be honest and fair with them? Do they think they can count on her to do what she says she'll do? It really is a neat little piece of psychosis they've got going on.

Not that Trump is any better, but at least he'll have the news media, Hollywood, academe, and the bureaucracy contending with him all the time, unlike Hillary.

Trump is deal maker. He'll work with Congress and cut deals. That alone will be a tremendous improvement over the current POTUS. With Hillary we might have more of this nonsense where the POTUS digs her heels in and refuses to compromise on anything.

Last edited:

Criminal indictment* isn't a bar to the Presidency. Hillary could simply refuse to resign, and unless they managed to impeach her there'd be nothing to be done.

*It's doubtful that a sitting President could even be criminally prosecuted in the first place.

Once she takes the oath of office impeachment is the proper course.

Your theory is not without merit, however, if there's one woman in Washington who's less capable and more despised than Hillary Clinton it would be Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi as a VP choice would drag the ticket down, if that was even possible. But if you'd suggested Pocahontas from Massachusetts instead, you might be on to something.

Once she takes the oath of office impeachment is the proper course.

I agree. But I find it doubtful that that would actually happen.

Your theory is not without merit, however, if there's one woman in Washington who's less capable and more despised than Hillary Clinton it would be Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi as a VP choice would drag the ticket down, if that was even possible. But if you'd suggested Pocahontas from Massachusetts instead, you might be on to something.

I was just pulling a name out of the "loved by the DNC, but unelectable for POTUS" hat...

They impeached Bill for obstructing justice in a private lawsuit. Hillary is being accused of harming national security through multiple violations of national security regulations.

I'm not squirming at all. Hillary has earned her hate, let me tell you. But mostly she getting away with something that ANY ordinary federal employee would go to jail for.

Well...you are certainly giving a decent imitation of someone squirming, American.

And it is funny to watch.

I guess you will just have to console yourself for the next eight years with the fiction that the reason she is not being indicted...is because of some vast left-wing conspiracy rather than the fact that she did NOT DESERVE INDICTMENT.

Won't matter to her...and won't matter to the majority of the electorate who will be voting for her.

On the other hand...why don't we all try to back away from all this crap...and try to get along? Why not let the election decide who will be our president...and try to be as supportive as possible?

Some may call me naïve, but I don't believe for one minute that professionals within the Justice Department are the slightest bit cowed by President Obama's endorsement of Hillary Clinton's nomination. Political interference in active investigations is a myth since Watergate and whistle blower legislation and the career professionals in the Justice Department are just as likely, if not more so, to favour conservative ideology as they are to favour liberal ideology. It is possible and sometimes likely that political interference can have impact when it comes to whether an investigation is commenced, but once it starts I don't believe that any political interference is attempted and if it is it would be flatly rejected, particularly coming from a White House that has one foot out the door.

I fully remember back to the Bush II administration and the active investigations of the Vice President, Scooter Libby, and others in the State Department and even though both President Bush and VP Cheney strongly supported Libby, President Bush made it clear that wherever the Justice Department investigation led it was perfectly fine with him. I don't know if he has, but if President Obama hasn't made a similar public pronouncement in this matter he should have or should now. But even if he doesn't, I don't believe it will matter one bit to the professionals in law enforcement and justice as they go about conducting their business.

I think you are correct on that, John...not naive.

IF the Justice Department actually finds indictable offenses...TRULY INDICTABLE OFFENSES...I think it will bring a bill. IF they decline, I would think it more likely that they either did not find indictable offenses...or thought the offenses were not worthy of trial (perhaps not sustainable).

I wonder why Hillary's supporters think that she'll treat them any better than she treats anyone else. Do they think that she'll be honest and fair with them? Do they think they can count on her to do what she says she'll do? It really is a neat little piece of psychosis they've got going on.

I think she will prove to be a decent president. That is all I would ask of her.

Not that Trump is any better, but at least he'll have the news media, Hollywood, academe, and the bureaucracy contending with him all the time, unlike Hillary.

Whatever that means, I appreciate your sharing it with me.

Trump is deal maker. He'll work with Congress and cut deals.

My opinion: Trump will never even come close to being elected president of the United States.

That alone will be a tremendous improvement over the current POTUS. With Hillary we might have more of this nonsense where the POTUS digs her heels in and refuses to compromise on anything.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, LowDown...no matter how much I disagree with it.

I think it would be such a national disgrace that there would be huge pressure on Congress to impeach her, and it would go rather quickly. She would probably just resign first. Then, of course, we would be stuck with whatever POS she had as VP. Maybe Biden again, LOL.

I think she will prove to be a decent president. That is all I would ask of her.

Whatever that means, I appreciate your sharing it with me.

My opinion: Trump will never even come close to being elected president of the United States.

But you seem to be in great fear of that possibility, Frank. If not then why post this stuff?

That lie was debunked long ago.

Ketchup.

Still guzzling that foul tasting Kool aid ?? :lamo

Back
Top Bottom