• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House chief of staff John Kelly expected to resign soon

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
We've seen this rumor in the news since last May, but this time it appears that it's going to happen today. If not today, then over the weekend. General Kelly and Donald Trump haven't spoken to each other for days and Kelly is at odds with John Bolton. The two had a shouting argument in the West Wing over the summer and John Kelly stormed out of the West Wing and White House that day and many wondered if he would return at all. Pence's chief of staff Nick Ayers is likely to replace Kelly.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/politics/john-kelly-chief-of-staff-donald-trump/index.html

Washington (CNN)John Kelly is expected to resign as White House chief of staff in the coming days, two sources familiar with the situation unfolding in the West Wing tell CNN.
Seventeen months in, Kelly and President Donald Trump have reached a stalemate in their relationship and it is no longer seen as tenable by either party. Though Trump asked Kelly over the summer to stay on as chief of staff for two more years, the two have stopped speaking in recent days.
Trump is actively discussing a replacement plan, though a person involved in the process said nothing is final right now and ultimately it is up to Trump. Potential replacements include Nick Ayers, Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff, who is still seen as a leading contender.
News of Kelly's imminent departure was first reported by Axios.

We've seen this rumor in the news since last May, but this time it appears that it's going to happen today. If not today, then over the weekend. General Kelly and Donald Trump haven't spoken to each other for days and Kelly is at odds with John Bolton. The two had a shouting argument in the West Wing over the summer and John Kelly stormed out of the West Wing and White House that day and many wondered if he would return at all. Pence's chief of staff Nick Ayers is likely to replace Kelly.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/politics/john-kelly-chief-of-staff-donald-trump/index.html

Washington (CNN)John Kelly is expected to resign as White House chief of staff in the coming days, two sources familiar with the situation unfolding in the West Wing tell CNN.
Seventeen months in, Kelly and President Donald Trump have reached a stalemate in their relationship and it is no longer seen as tenable by either party. Though Trump asked Kelly over the summer to stay on as chief of staff for two more years, the two have stopped speaking in recent days.
Trump is actively discussing a replacement plan, though a person involved in the process said nothing is final right now and ultimately it is up to Trump. Potential replacements include Nick Ayers, Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff, who is still seen as a leading contender.

The **** show continues. Is Ayers capable of babysitting Trump? Or is Putin in control?

Guess we won't know that for a while.

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

Last edited:
Could you imagine what a nightmare it must be to have the job of keeping Trump on a leash?

5c0a7293fc7e93ff448b45e3.JPG

According to some anonymous sources quoted in the New York Times, Kelly had described the White House as a “miserable” place to work, and called Trump an “unhinged idiot,” according to a salacious tell-all book by journalist Bob Woodward.

Not surprising. And it wouldn't surprise me either if George Conway is urging Kellyanne to resign sometime soon.

The **** show continues. Is Ayers capable of babysitting Trump? Or is Putin in control?

Guess we won't know that for a while.

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

I don't think there's anyone that can 'babysit' Trump. He'll do whatever he wants to do no matter who the Chief of Staff is. I'm a little surprised he has one at all but he probably only does because it's protocol for any president. He needs a total 'yes-man' that will yield to the will of Trump on every issue, one that will be loyal and keep their mouth shut.

Don't we hear about Kelly leaving every other week? I'll believe it when it happens.

That said, unless he just resigns, who is going to fire him? Usually Kelly is the one who has to tell the other person. Will he have to fire himself? Donnie is too chicken **** to fire anyone face-to-face.

Trump is fielding replacements... I heard he also wants to get rid of Pence and that Pence might be under investigation and/or ready to flip!

5c0a7293fc7e93ff448b45e3.JPG

According to some anonymous sources quoted in the New York Times, Kelly had described the White House as a “miserable” place to work, and called Trump an “unhinged idiot,” according to a salacious tell-all book by journalist Bob Woodward.

That book was fake news buddy, jeez. /s

Trump is fielding replacements... I heard he also wants to get rid of Pence and that Pence might be under investigation and/or ready to flip!

I hadn't heard that but I'm skeptical because I've thought that Pence is absolutely salivating for the seat in the Oval Office.
imageedit-2-2361007325.jpg

Last edited:
Not surprising. And it wouldn't surprise me either if George Conway is urging Kellyanne to resign sometime soon.

If only they could do Kellywise on SNL one more time.:lamo

I do not think Conway will leave just yet. I think they are all waiting to see what happens today. Trump was very freaked out on twitter this AM, even mentioned Rod Rosenstein in a negative fashion (will Kelly fire Rod before he fires himself?).

More un named sources....bs.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

You people are too much....lol

More un named sources....bs.

Oh really, "bs" ? Well, Trump just made the announcement live himself.

He was just asked about Kelly and refused to answer. I think we all know what that means.;)

Right, it was William Barr he named for the new AG and Heather Nauert for U.N. Ambassador. Maybe he'll appoint Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson as his new Chief of Staff, that would work so well for both of them. The Fox clown car is starting to run out of clowns.

Right, it was William Barr he named for the new AG and Heather Nauert for U.N. Ambassador. Maybe he'll appoint Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson as his new Chief of Staff, that would work so well for both of them. The Fox clown car is starting to run out of clowns.

Rumor has it that he's going to appoint Pence's Chief of Staff as his own. But I wouldn't put it past this idiot to appoint Hannity.

Rumor has it that he's going to appoint Pence's Chief of Staff as his own. But I wouldn't put it past this idiot to appoint Hannity.

The memo on Cohen might involve some shady deals he helped Sean Hannity with. Hannity was just about the only Cohen client besides Donald Trump. According to Hannity, he barely had anything to do with Cohen, 'occasional advice on real estate' he said, to me that means probably money laundering. LOL!

That book was fake news buddy, jeez. /s

Kelly leaving at this point in time would be a big shoutout that Trump has passed the point of no return at Pentagon. Kelly is tight with Mattis and chairman of JCS Gen. Joe Dunford is Kelly's best bud. They've been a threesome since Kelly's day one in WH. Kelly's been both their fly on the WH wall and gatekeeper controlling WH staff access to 'em. And a buffer between Mattis and Bolton whose appointment as NSA Mattis opposed. Woodward's book was the excellent way for Kelly to let the world know what he thinks of Trump the wildman ignoramus idiot moron.

Kelly leaving at this point in time would be a big shoutout that Trump has passed the point of no return at Pentagon. Kelly is tight with Mattis and chairman of JCS Gen. Joe Dunford is Kelly's best bud. They've been a threesome since Kelly's day one in WH. Kelly's been both their fly on the WH wall and gatekeeper controlling WH staff access to 'em. And a buffer between Mattis and Bolton whose appointment as NSA Mattis opposed. Woodward's book was the excellent way for Kelly to let the world know what he thinks of Trump the wildman ignoramus idiot moron.

Now tillerson is out bashing trump lolz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now tillerson is out bashing trump lolz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAHA I just saw that myself!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/07/rex-tillerson-trump-undisciplined-doesnt-like-read-tries-do-illegal-things/

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

Tillerson also appeared to take a shot at Trump’s chief method of communication, Twitter.

“I will be honest with you: It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues — that they are satisfied with a 128 characters,” Tillerson said.

Back
Top Bottom