• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House chief of staff John Kelly expected to resign soon

Oh really, "bs" ? Well, Trump just made the announcement live himself.
Ok, I'll take your word for it...I guess my thoughts on that are somewhere close to "so?"

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Right, it was William Barr he named for the new AG and Heather Nauert for U.N. Ambassador. Maybe he'll appoint Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson as his new Chief of Staff, that would work so well for both of them. The Fox clown car is starting to run out of clowns.

At this point Hannity pretty much is COS. What's funny is that these picks were meant to be distractions from the Mueller news coming out and hardly anyone cares... ha.ha.

Don't we hear about Kelly leaving every other week? I'll believe it when it happens.

That said, unless he just resigns, who is going to fire him? Usually Kelly is the one who has to tell the other person. Will he have to fire himself? Donnie is too chicken **** to fire anyone face-to-face.

True, such rumors have passed before. Usually we heard about it after the decision had been apparently made to stay. More likely they were 'true' and the admin managed to talk him down. He probably felt duty dictated he stick around and save the office of president from the president.

But this time the difference is major news sources are picking up on it ahead of time - will leave not wanted to leave - and revelations have just come out Kelly was also questioned by the Mueller probe. Chances are after spilling any beans he has he can reasonably expect he's not wanted around.

Ok, I'll take your word for it...I guess my thoughts on that are somewhere close to "so?"

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Pathetic to see the denial from the trump loyalists.....

True, such rumors have passed before. Usually we heard about it after the decision had been apparently made to stay. More likely they were 'true' and the admin managed to talk him down. He probably felt duty dictated he stick around and save the office of president from the president.

But this time the difference is major news sources are picking up on it ahead of time - will leave not wanted to leave - and revelations have just come out Kelly was also questioned by the Mueller probe. Chances are after spilling any beans he has he can reasonably expect he's not wanted around.

Kelly looks like a broken man....Soon to be fired, tossed on the trash heap with all the other (dozens now) trump rejects

Kelly looks like a broken man....Soon to be fired, tossed on the trash heap with all the other (dozens now) trump rejects

This administration breaks people. Either they're corrupt from the start, it corrupts them, or it just chews them up and spits them out when they try to rein it in.

This administration breaks people. Either they're corrupt from the start, it corrupts them, or it just chews them up and spits them out when they try to rein it in.

Kelly was a loyal soldier...He did it for the Republican Party...He even got in the mud to defend trump...Ultimately he failed, now he has to live with this.....

Now tillerson is out bashing trump lolz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep and Till is exposing Trump publicly in contrast to his private remarks while SecState that he ran from every time he was asked. The election outcome in the House after which Chief Justice Roberts stepped forward to defend the judiciary is smoking out others too now. Republicans have lost the popular vote in six of the last seven elections of Potus and got blown away in the popular vote in the midterm House aggregate vote nationally, by 9 percent for a record spread.

If Kelly goes for real this time Trump will have no buffer between him and the Pentagon. Trump's getting reckless toward the Pentagon too these days. Trump went public and lost to the military chiefs over the shoot unarmed civilians ROE Trump wanted but now the border deployment has been extended by 45 days, to include past Christmas.

A main thing Trump's trying to do by ordering the extension is to make Kelly's comrade military chiefs look like bums to the troops deployed and in general. If Kelly does leave this time it won't be pretty either, especially if Trump dumps secretary of DHS whom Kelly regards as an excellent public servant. While Mattis himself has strong support in the Pentagon and in Congress only the shadow knows what goes on inside Trump's empty head.

Has traitor Kelly, who took the job in spite of being employed by a foreign government, decided to fire himself, or has Trump found somebody with balls who can do it for him?

Kelly was a loyal soldier...He did it for the Republican Party...He even got in the mud to defend trump...Ultimately he failed, now he has to live with this.....

Yes and let's not forget Kelly is as you alluded to a right winger too over there.

Still however Kelly is significantly different from Trump and most of the rest of the armband right that Kelly's not a part of to begin with. Kelly has lived all of his adult life with his oath and under the UCMJ. So it's guaranteed Kelly opposed the ROE Trump wanted unsuccessfully at the border, i.e., the criminal shoot unarmed civilians rule. Kelly's opposition put Kelly squarely with Mattis, the joint chiefs and the civilian leaders at Pentagon. I count Kelly on the side of the good guys when push comes to shove.

Has traitor Kelly, who took the job in spite of being employed by a foreign government, decided to fire himself, or has Trump found somebody with balls who can do it for him?

Apologies for distracted posting. Got my US/Irish names covfefe'd! I was referring to Flynn, not Kelly!

We've heard this before and as usual it's some unnamed source; this means it could have come from Pete the pizza delivery guy who heard it from Ariana the security dispatcher who heard it from Cardi (Ivanka's caterer). I'll believe it when Kelly's officially out of the WH.

Apologies for distracted posting. Got my US/Irish names covfefe'd! I was referring to Flynn, not Kelly!

I call 'em Frick and Frack given they're Boston Boys who went astray so no problem in boxing their names.

Kelly is UMass Rotc and Flynn went University of Rhode Island Rotc. That's the good news.

The rest of it begins with each of 'em being from two rightwing neighborhoods that matter not in state politics anyway given they're outvoted a million to one -- or two. Each of 'em got jobs in the White House but then again so did Nixon and Trump. Kelly's salvation is that he served under Mattis in Iraq. Flynn on the other hand has to rely on the mercy of the court.

Could you imagine what a nightmare it must be to have the job of keeping Trump on a leash?

I imagine this is why no one has successfully done this job.

trump just announced Kelly is gone.....Basically fired....Quite a humiliating end to his career.....He should go away and hide for awhile.....

We've heard this before and as usual it's some unnamed source; this means it could have come from Pete the pizza delivery guy who heard it from Ariana the security dispatcher who heard it from Cardi (Ivanka's caterer). I'll believe it when Kelly's officially out of the WH.

Believe it....trump just blurted it out...Not Pete the Pizza guy

You on board now?

You on board now?

Finally this has some meat to it....

;)

I was always curious how much of the nonsense Kelly could stand; turns out quite a bit. I suspect Tillerson's assessment of working in that administration was accurate, and for anyone used to working with rational people who make an effort to understand issues and their respective details, this administration must be like herding cats.

Don't we hear about Kelly leaving every other week? I'll believe it when it happens.

That said, unless he just resigns, who is going to fire him? Usually Kelly is the one who has to tell the other person. Will he have to fire himself? Donnie is too chicken **** to fire anyone face-to-face.

Welp, now I believe it.

Well Pete the Pizza guy still might have valuable info...Don't shut him out

Oh I wouldn't doubt that! What will be interesting is the connection between this and the fact Mueller's team questioned Kelly.

And remember the rule of almost anything in the Trump presidency: there's always a tweet!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/156829591267328000

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

3 Chief of Staffs in less than 3 years of being President: Part of the reason why @BarackObama can't manage to pass his agenda.

12:07 PM - 10 Jan 2012

Back
Top Bottom