• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House: Biden committed to nominating 1st Black woman to Supreme Court

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
White House: Biden committed to nominating 1st Black woman to Supreme Court
WASHINGTON — During a press briefing on Tuesday, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said President Biden is “absolutely” committed to nominating a Black woman to the Supreme Court.

During his campaign last year, Biden promised to put the first Black woman on the nation’s highest court. That campaign promise was complicated, however, by the current makeup of the judiciary in federal appeals courts, where Supreme Court nominees are typically drawn from. There are only a handful of Black women currently sitting on the bench in federal appeals courts and, according to a recent analysis from NBC News, all of them are of a fairly advanced age. Presidents typically select younger Supreme Court nominees because it is a lifetime appointment.

WANT AD's
Seeking Supreme Court Justice to sit on highest court of the land.

Minimum Qualifications: Black skin; vagina *Also helpful - soft shoulders; shampooed hair.

Submit CV: Joe Biden, President; Proprietor

Heaven forbid we have a justice system that kind of looks like America.

Of the 115 Supreme Court Justices in the history of this country, all but 6 have been white men.

Am I missing the news? A member die :unsure:

Sit down, breath deep, its going to be a long 4 years for you.

Sit down, breath deep, its going to be a long 4 years for you.

One thing is certain, it is going to be a long 4 years for America

America's top priorities under Biden:
1. Diversity.
2. Climate BS.
3. Gender pronouns.

China's top priorities:
1. Strong economy.
2. Strong military.
3. Best and smartest in positions of leadership.

Not going to be pretty.

The Chinese Army doesn't even have a single gay brigade

If there’s a qualified candidate that helps create the same kind of diversity we see in America today, why is that a problem? Are we not interested in the opinions of black women? Does the world have to be run by old white men? You do have a long 8 years ahead of you.

1. Diversity.
2. Climate BS.
3. Gender pronouns.

China's top priorities:
1. Strong economy.
2. Strong military.

Not going to be pretty.

Nor does America have a single gay brigade, your lame point being?

If there’s a qualified candidate that helps create the same kind of diversity we see in America today, why is that a problem? Are we not interested in the opinions of black women? Does the world have to be run by old white men? You do have a long 8 years ahead of you.

It's actually racist. No mention of anything other than skin color and gender. It's stupid.

If a position comes available and the most qualified jurist to sit on the court is a black woman, or black man, or Hispanic, or Asian, or Hebrew, or Muslim, or Catholic, or whatever - then great!. However, the fact that labels and specific physical traits are the starting point of submitting a candidate is not just stupid, it actually contributes to dividing people through classification instead of uniting them as human beings.

This mindset is a problem.

Heaven forbid we have a justice system that kind of looks like America.

Of the 115 Supreme Court Justices in the history of this country, all but 6 have been white men.

Heaven forbid the highest qualified person get the job!

Am I missing the news? A member die :unsure:

Some people like to whine and cry and complain about nonexistent issues preemptively. It's the new conservative measure of manhood.

Some people like to whine and cry and complain about nonexistent issues preemptively. It's the new conservative measure of manhood.

Are you talking about yourself? in every thread?

Are you talking about yourself? in every thread?

Did I make this thread? Oh. Must have been a fever dream. How do I delete?

It's actually racist. No mention of anything other than skin color and gender. It's stupid.

If a position comes available and the most qualified jurist to sit on the court is a black woman, or black man, or Hispanic, or Asian, or Hebrew, or Muslim, or Catholic, or whatever - then great!. However, the fact that labels and specific physical traits are the starting point of submitting a candidate is not just stupid, it actually contributes to dividing people through classification instead of uniting them as human beings.

This mindset is a problem.

I don’t think trying to align SCOTUS to the society we live in is racist, it’s the correct thing to do.

Last edited:
Heaven forbid the highest qualified person get the job!

Yes, I am sure it's just a coincidence that the most qualified person is basically always a white man.

1. Diversity.
2. Climate BS.
3. Gender pronouns.

China's top priorities:
1. Strong economy.
2. Strong military.

Not going to be pretty.

Biden's top priority is handling the pandemic. I also see in the distance an attempt to overhaul the nation's infrastructure.

But while the grownups are governing, I like your choice to complain about social issues and assume the patriotic role of lead cheerleader for China.

Peach and yellow. Nice choice for pom-poms.

Yes, I am sure it's just a coincidence that the most qualified person is basically always a white man.

We should always choose the most qualified candidate, who almost always happens to be white somehow, nudge nudge, wink wink.

We shouldn't pursue diversity in hiring, because that wouldn't be "fair," nudge nudge nudge nudge nudge.

Biden's top priority is handling the pandemic. I also see in the distance an attempt to overhaul the nation's infrastructure.

But while the grownups are governing, I like your choice to complain about social issues and assume the patriotic role of lead cheerleader for China.

Peach and yellow. Nice choice for pom-poms.

I find it hilarious....when an article, an anchor on TV or a lib poster states: "Biden suggested...blah blah blah...." Umm, he is not proposing anything, he does not have the cognitive stamina to do it....he's a mere puppet to the democrat party which has currently gone rabid..

I find it hilarious....when an article, an anchor on TV or a lib poster states: "Biden suggested...blah blah blah...." Umm, he is not proposing anything, he does not have the cognitive stamina to do it....he's a mere puppet to the democrat party which has currently gone rabid..

More sour grapes and emotion over fact, want over reality.

That's an interesting, original view. I seem to hear the exact same interesting, original thoughts on talk radio and on the opinion side of Fox News. Must be a coincidence, so many free thinkers thinking the same thing at once.

For my part, I didn't expect to get vaccinated on late March at my age and with no health problems, and yet it happened. So in terms of Biden's top priority, handling the pandemic, I think he's doing a fine job so far.

That's an interesting, original view. I seem to hear the exact same interesting, original thoughts on talk radio and on the opinion side of Fox News. Must be a coincidence, so many free thinkers thinking the same thing at once.

For my part, I didn't expect to get vaccinated on late March at my age and with no health problems, and yet it happened. So in terms of Biden's top priority, handling the pandemic, I think he's doing a fine job so far.

Funny stuff. The 'warp speed' vaccine program bought the US up the the point where even Biden was vaccinated far before
he began his term. If Biden was in office when the pandemic hit the US last year his vaccine policy would probably look like his border
policy.

Why jump off a cliff? Try and focus on the basics of the concept: are race and gender now the starting point of all job qualifications? This is an HR nightmare. No gov't contractor or large corporation can announce or embrace this position.

Believe it or not, It's the law.

Why jump off a cliff? Try and focus on the basics of the concept: are race and gender now the starting point of all job qualifications? This is an HR nightmare. No gov't contractor or large corporation can announce or embrace this position.

Believe it or not, It's the law.

Not all jobs are a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court, right?

Not all jobs are a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court, right?

You're right, they're not. Should lifetime appointments in gov't start with skin color and gender as the minimum qualifications?

Back
Top Bottom