• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House announces 51 judicial picks, including two for liberal 9th Circuit

Hmmm...you may have a point there.
Although, as I've said many times, these SJWs are way worse then the T-Baggers ever were.

I disagree in some ways and agree in others. I think part of the problem is easily explained in the Coddling of the American Mind by Haidt. Read it.

I think the T-Baggers and SJW types are equally bad because they both promoted a division, stoked by partisan pundits, to the point now those pundits ought to be held fiscally and legally responsible for the damage they wrought on this country.

The thing with Trump is this. I personally agree with his stance on trade. On the UN, and on foreign relations/financial support to other countries. I support some of his platform. As a bernie supporter, some of Trump's ideas resonated.

Then he picked Pence, who I will not abide, because he is a theocrat.

Then he picked the Keebler Elf, mr. Drug warrior, to be AG - which clearly shows trumps position that marijuana be a state issue, to be nonsense.

Then he started pandering to the religious theocratic types.

Trump, for me, is divisive. He is not the glue pulling things together. But this began far before Trump. When Ole Mitch waged war on Obama at the behest of his T-Bagger supporters, it was the same thing we saw with ole Chucky and Nancy with Trump. It's a continuation. It's a counter punch.

And the division won't be fixed. I can't even have a conversation with a liberal or a conservative. It's not possible without people immediately ignoring facts and resorting to ad hominem.

Can't change it with the partisan impasse entrenched by the political elites from both parties and the rabid, sociopathic pundits on both sides furthering the divide.

And you wouldn't want it to be changed by rabid, sociopathic pundits from either side. It was designed to be hard to change - to prevent being pulled by extremists. Better to stay the same than to go completely off the rails.

IMHO people overplay the 'need for constitutional change' in any case. Again, the Constitution is a framework. It creates a structure for the government, and protects individual liberties. But most change, and things that actually affect us, are through laws. Laws are more flexible, and able to grow and evolve. The legislative process isn't perfect, but it allows a process for people to be heard, and laws to be formed. Most of the time when people cry for 'constitutional change' it's not the structure to create laws that's the problem - but the fact they don't like the result.

I love that expression. In laymen terms the expression 'judicial activism' means judicial decisions based on legal interpretations I don't agree with.

Legal interpretations that violate the Constitution constitutes Judicial activism

Yawn, more unsupported conspiracy theory. For me, it's not liberalism vs. conservatism. It's sanity vs. marxist SJW types and insane conservative religious psychopath types.

You wouldn't have me, for example, as a raging antitheist, if the evangelical ****tards that elected this slobbering, spray tanned autocrat, would stop trying to legislate theit faith. I fight the Donald and his agenda because he panders to a dangerous, hideous, illogical batch of petty charlatans in the evangelical movement.

Actually it was allot more than the religious freaks.
Trump managed to present something many American longed for. A president who could tell anyone to go **** themselves. The man is crass, and has a real problem with coming across with the entire truth of things. But something I sense in the guy is an unwavering desire to do real good for America. And THAT is why both Dems and Reps have such issues with him and his agenda. He's crapping all over their globalist plans.

Trump managed to present something many American longed for. A president who could tell anyone to go **** themselves. The man is crass, and has a real problem with coming across with the entire truth of things. But something I sense in the guy is an unwavering desire to do real good for America. And THAT is why both Dems and Reps have such issues with him and his agenda. He's crapping all over their globalist plans.

I don't think you understand DJT.

He made his millions off tax abatements - handouts from working class New Yorkers.

And then he made more off tax abatements in NJ - the same old story.

DJT only cares about DJT. I grew up in NJ. Trump and his insane egocentrism was on full display through the eighties and nineties, and the two thousands, of course. He doesn't care about America. He cares about Trump.

This all actually BEGAN the night Trump won the election and the response from the Lefties was...
They openly declared war on Trump.

Where were you during the Obama administration? I'm assuming by this answer you weren't around then and never read a single newspaper or saw any news programs.

I disagree in some ways and agree in others. I think part of the problem is easily explained in the Coddling of the American Mind by Haidt. Read it.

I think the T-Baggers and SJW types are equally bad because they both promoted a division, stoked by partisan pundits, to the point now those pundits ought to be held fiscally and legally responsible for the damage they wrought on this country.

The thing with Trump is this. I personally agree with his stance on trade. On the UN, and on foreign relations/financial support to other countries. I support some of his platform. As a bernie supporter, some of Trump's ideas resonated.

Then he picked the Keebler Elf, mr. Drug warrior, to be AG - which clearly shows trumps position that marijuana be a state issue, to be nonsense.

Trump, for me, is divisive. He is not the glue pulling things together. But this began far before Trump. When Ole Mitch waged war on Obama at the behest of his T-Bagger supporters, it was the same thing we saw with ole Chucky and Nancy with Trump. It's a continuation. It's a counter punch.

And the division won't be fixed. I can't even have a conversation with a liberal or a conservative. It's not possible without people immediately ignoring facts and resorting to ad hominem.

Greetings, Obscurity. :2wave:

Very well said, and you speak truth! :thumbs: When we saw it happening in our family, we all agreed to never discuss politics again! So far, the truce is working ... knock on wood?!

What we need are a few more activists Justices, right? The hell with the Constitution we need more focus in spending in the name of compassion without getting compassionate results and letting activist justices govern our country with leftwing social engineering

I am sure Trumps judicial picks will help to fulfill the radical right wing wet dream for America.

This all actually BEGAN the night Trump won the election and the response from the Lefties was...
They openly declared war on Trump.

Lol ok. Yes, the partisan divide began with Trump.

The right has essentially made the constitution a religious document. You're not allowed to ask questions about it, or want to change it's short comings. Despite social change, we need to adhere with the constitution, written by slave owners from over a hundred years ago.

As for Trump's picks, these aren't Trump's picks. These are the federalists picks.

What happens when the majority of a country no longer feel represented by their government, I ask?

The constitution is not a religious document, but a legal charter for our Republic.
It includes path for making changes, which has happened 27 times.

That’s a real diplomatic way of saying he lies constantly.

Trump wants to do real good for himself.

See Obscurity?

This isn't about walls, or judges, or Liberalism Vs. Conservatism.
This, Obscurity, is all about Trump. And in the wake of this war the left has declared...will be a real and likely physical fight for the society of America, and for freedom.

And who is going to fight in your right wing holy war and where will it be fought and who will bleed and die in it?

When the middle class goes and when the political center goes the people all of us are toast, and we are losing the middle class and the political center is as good as dead.

You are are smart fella...what does this mean for Americas future?

Concentrate on the most important things please.

We are well out of screwing around time.

Politically, a lot has changed over the last 40 years. The middle class and the political middle were well represented prior to that. But that was when both major parties had their conservative and liberal wings. The Republicans had their Rockefeller liberal Northeast, the democrats their southern conservative base. You couldn't say either party was far right or left. 70-80% of all Americans affiliated with the two major parties back then. Independents ranged from 20-30%. Most Americans had a political party to call home. Not today.

One major party has become extremist right, the other extremist left. Both major parties, together represent only around 55% of all Americans, independents 40-45% depending on the poll. The political center, even center left and center right has been left behind and in a way disenfranchised in our two party system. Forced to choose candidates from the radical left and or the right.

What does this mean, it means this country will not longer be plotting a steady course forward. It means we will suffer extreme shifts left and then right, back to left again. It means more and more people will be left without a political home or party to call their own. Whom ever this largest voting block, independents are angry at, they kick first one party out of power and then the other. Each major party once they won an election will think they have a mandate for their extremist policies and agendas. No mandate was give, the voters just got sick and tired of one party in power, mad as heck at them and kicked them out only to be replaced by the other party who thinks they have a mandate with their radical agendas. Not so.

Unless we can bring middle America, politically wise that is. Those without extreme ideology one way or the other back into the fold and decision making process, we're doomed. As it is, most of us just don't know it yet. Call it Rome in its last days. I see no salvation on the horizon either. Just two major parties shrinking as they move further away from mainstream America, but with out two party system, nothing more sane Americans can do about it. We're set in a cycle that no matter whom wins an election, the other party will set right out to destroy the winners. Each attempting to destroy the other and if this country gets destroyed because of it, both major parties think, so be it.

The right has essentially made the constitution a religious document. You're not allowed to ask questions about it, or want to change it's short comings. Despite social change, we need to adhere with the constitution, written by slave owners from over a hundred years ago.

As for Trump's picks, these aren't Trump's picks. These are the federalists picks.

What happens when the majority of a country no longer feel represented by their government, I ask?

Lefties feel disenfranchized by Trump and conservatives who still exercise influence this country with their conservative views. That rankles democrats. They want the Trump administration overthrown and are willing to lie, cheat, kill and destroy in whatever way necessary to wrench back control of government from conservatives. Democrats are very dangerous. Just like Lenin and Hitler were.

Lefties feel disenfranchized by Trump and conservatives who still exercise influence this country with their conservative views. That rankles democrats. They want the Trump administration overthrown and are willing to lie, cheat, kill and destroy in whatever way necessary to wrench back control of government from conservatives. Democrats are very dangerous. Just like Lenin and Hitler were.

I think you're full of outrage and vitriol and it shows.

Democrats do not want to destroy america, and are not dangerous. Get ahold of yourself and stop listening to nonsense.

Our U.S. Constitution sucks for you, doesn't it?

I have no idea what you are talking about since you yourself are clueless about my position on the Constitution.

Yaaa...the BS flies thick and daily from both sides.

Unfortunately, who will be VP and AG are not your choice.
The democratic process brought the USA a new president. Its his choice.

If the Dems think they are "counter punching" the assault the T-Baggers executed...then they have no business representing the people.
I'm no fan of Pence and his milky-white disguise, nor am I a fan of the war on drugs.
As for McConnel...I've had it in for that wrinkled-up ol' wind-bag for a while now.

I think Trump is only divisive because the Dems reacted to his election with a declaration of war.
Do they support a wall? Yes...before Trump came along, they most certainly did.
The rest of their rhetoric is BS. They make all sorts of wild and unsubstantiated claims about the guy, and none of its provable or even true.

The bottom line for me is...this war needs to end.

I have no idea what you are talking about since you yourself are clueless about my position on the Constitution.

So then you have no problem with the 51 Justices Trump has nominated for the Courts? Awesome, finally something we agree one. Maybe it is the term judicial activism which is a problem for you. we are a nation of laws created by the Congress and not by the courts

They vote someone else in.

I think what you mean is what happens when you can't implement change at a pace you want due to constitutional checks and balances. What you SHOULD do is thank God the Constitution impedes Trump as much as it impedes you... if you choose to destroy the constitution for political expediency what you end up with eventually is another Trump with fewer restrictions.

So then you have no problem with the 51 Justices Trump has nominated for the Courts? Awesome, finally something we agree one. Maybe it is the term judicial activism which is a problem for you. we are a nation of laws created by the Congress and not by the courts

Your response makes no sense as a rational reply to my post that you pretended to be replying to.

Your response makes no sense as a rational reply to my post that you pretended to be replying to.

Your posts have made no sense for years especially coming from someone who claimed to be a teacher.

Back
Top Bottom