• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House and DOJ recommend holding whistle blower complaint from Congress

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Is this a surprise to anyone?

This is a departure from the law. It's spelled out, in black and white, that complaints such as this from a whistle blower that's been deemed by the Inspector General to be 'urgent', will be covered up by Trump and the DNI. The complaint cleared an initial hurdle when the Inspector General Michael Atkinson, deemed it credible and began to pursue an investigation. But it has prompted a standoff between lawmakers and the acting director of national intelligence, Joseph Maguire, who has refused to turn it over to Congress, as is required by law.

Trump claims this is 'fake news'. Sounding authoritarian much yet? Really people, get a grip on reality and see things for what they are not for what Trump or Fox tells you they are. The writing is on the wall for everyone to see. The president and DNI are obstructing justice and in this case it may indeed be a serious matter of national security. Don't you care enough about this country to show at least a little concern or curiosity as to what this "urgent" alarm was all about?

This is a departure from the law. It's spelled out, in black and white, that complaints such as this from a whistle blower that's been deemed by the Inspector General to be 'urgent', will be covered up by Trump and the DNI. The complaint cleared an initial hurdle when the Inspector General Michael Atkinson, deemed it credible and began to pursue an investigation. But it has prompted a standoff between lawmakers and the acting director of national intelligence, Joseph Maguire, who has refused to turn it over to Congress, as is required by law.

Trump claims this is 'fake news'. Sounding authoritarian much yet? Really people, get a grip on reality and see things for what they are not for what Trump or Fox tells you they are. The writing is on the wall for everyone to see. The president and DNI are obstructing justice and in this case it may indeed be a serious matter of national security. Don't you care enough about this country to show at least a little concern or curiosity as to what this "urgent" alarm was all about?

Just maybe if the left wasn't so filled with fake news every day, you might get some attention. After crying wolf hundreds of times, day in and day out, nobody believes this crap anymore.

Thats what you get for constantly crying and whining over an election from two and a half years ago.

We don't buy the fake outrage anymore.

Just maybe if the left wasn't so filled with fake news every day, you might get some attention. After crying wolf hundreds of times, day in and day out, nobody believes this crap anymore.

Thats what you get for constantly crying and whining over an election from two and a half years ago.

Who the hell are you kidding? Facts have not been chic for the right since 1940.

When is the Republican Party finally going to stand up to this?

Robert Mueller said he didn’t clear Trump of obstruction, and his report contained over 30 examples of obstruction. Trump is corrupt and an obstructionist, and he isn’t going to stop. The DOJ is simply functioning to protect Trump and has been politically corrupted by Trump.

WTF is the GOP doing?

I agree that the MSM is a massive failure. Where you’re wrong, is thinking the right wing media isn’t lying to you. If can’t see how corrupt Trump is, how politicized the DOJ is, or how all this is dangerous, then right wing media has failed in informing you. Right wing media and MSM are worse than they were under GWB.

It’s going to a while for Trump supporters to actually admit supporting Trump and giving him the power of the presidency was wrong, just like most people now admit the war in Iraq was wrong.

Robert Mueller said he didn’t clear Trump of obstruction, and his report contained over 30 examples of obstruction. Trump is corrupt and an obstructionist, and he isn’t going to stop. The DOJ is simply functioning to protect Trump and has been politically corrupted by Trump.

WTF is the GOP doing?

I agree with the gist of your post. There is more afoot here than just a suspect POTUS.

I have no faith in our system of checks and balances left. Trump could have betrayed the country and Republicans will allow it and cover it up. They don't give a ****. Moving on...

Vote against every Republican up and down the ticket and advise all of your friends and relatives to do the same.

I agree that the MSM is a massive failure. Where you’re wrong, is thinking the right wing media isn’t lying to you. If can’t see how corrupt Trump is, how politicized the DOJ is, or how all this is dangerous, then right wing media has failed in informing you. Right wing media and MSM are worse than they were under GWB.

It’s going to a while for Trump supporters to actually admit supporting Trump and giving him the power of the presidency was wrong, just like most people now admit the war in Iraq was wrong.
There's an old axiom, that I believe dovetails well with your post:

"It's easier to get someone to believe lies, than it is to get them to believe they've been lied to"

Who the hell are you kidding? Facts have not been chic for the right since 1940.

Well then, allow me to retort.

1. Trump is a planted Russia agent who is secretly working for Putin
2. Bret Kavanaugh is an alcoholic high school rape train conductor
3. Trump had Russian Oligarchs co-signing all his loans with Deutsche Bank
4. Trump owes the Russians billions of dollars and is why he works for Putin
5. Trumps aids were caught traveling to Russia to secretly met with the Russian government
6. We have pictures of Russian hookers peeing on Trump
7. If Trump is elected the stock market will crash
8. The first Lady hates Mexican kids on the border because her jacket said so
9. Trump wants to kill Mexicans which is why he sent the National Guard to the border
10. Trump is a Nazi and hates his own Jewish grand children

I have about 40 more but that should give you an idea of how stupid the left has become.

Everyone is tired of the fake outrage, fake news, and fake Liberals.

No worries, guys. An anonymous source told me Trump was talking to Trudeau, and promised not to tweet any jokes about the blackface thing.

So we're good...:lamo

I am not disagreeing with you but how much worse does it get than tapping the phones and serving search warrants on reporters like Obama did? Yes, I thik that whom ever is president will surround themselves with like minded people. How they use that power is the problem.

You may be right but voters (usually) only vote for whats in it for them. Thus far Trump has delivered. If the economy tanks before 2020, you will see another president. If its as strong as it is now, I think he is all but unbeatable.

Reporting just now claiming the IG is finding out this is not related to one single occurrence, it's multiple.

WTF is the GOP doing?

actually he did, and the AG's over the investigation cleared trump of obstruction as well.
no there was no obstruction no matter how much you want there to be.

There's an old axiom, that I believe dovetails well with your post:

"It's easier to get someone to believe lies, than it is to get them to believe they've been lied to"

That’s a nice quote

I think a lot of them have put an almost religious type faith in Trump. They are desperate to believe he isn’t a demagogue, and that he is fighting for them and America. They are so invested in believing in him and dug in, they can’t admit they are wrong. They can’t even consider the possibility they are wrong. It is a huge cult of personality.

I do believe I will live to see the day, a majority of Americans will see him as a dangerous demagogue, a liar, and far more dangerous to this country than any other former president. Trump’s presidency isn’t even done yet.

They say Netanyahu may go to jail once he loses power. I hope so. Trump is suspected of worse corruption than him. Trump deserves to be in a cell

That’s a nice quote
It's not 'nice', but it's true! :2razz:

I think a lot of them have put an almost religious type faith in Trump. They are desperate to believe he isn’t a demagogue, and that he is fighting for them and America. They are so invested in believing in him and dug in, they can’t admit they are wrong. They can’t even consider the possibility they are wrong. It is a huge cult of personality.

I do believe I will live to see the day, a majority of Americans will see him as a dangerous demagogue, a liar, and far more dangerous to this country than any other former president. Trump’s presidency isn’t even done yet.

They say Netanyahu may go to jail once he loses power. I hope so. Trump is suspected of worse corruption than him. Trump deserves to be in a cell
Which brings up another great quote:

"The easiest man to con, is a man that desperately wants to believe"

I think Trump is going about this the wrong way. Here's what I think he should do:

1. Classify the entire whistle blower thing at the highest possible level.

2. Since they all possess the relevant security clearance, call each member of the Gang of Eight to a SCIF...individually.

3. Give them all of the information...but change one piece for each member.

This will result in Congress getting the information they want, but if any of them leak to the media we'll know who it was and that Congressman can be charged and convicted...and go to jail.

I am not disagreeing with you but how much worse does it get than tapping the phones and serving search warrants on reporters like Obama did? Yes, I thik that whom ever is president will surround themselves with like minded people. How they use that power is the problem.

You may be right but voters (usually) only vote for whats in it for them. Thus far Trump has delivered. If the economy tanks before 2020, you will see another president. If its as strong as it is now, I think he is all but unbeatable.

I actually base on vote on not only my interests, but the rights of others. If I have learned anything about Trump and his base, it’s that they don’t care about the rights of others. I hope to God I could never moralize or rationalize voting for a president who campaigned on registering and banning people based on religion. I have no problem with legal immigration or asylums seekers.

actually he did, and the AG's over the investigation cleared trump of obstruction as well.
no there was no obstruction no matter how much you want there to be.

Is that what Fox reported?

Is that what Fox reported?

umm no that is what the AG's said. if you had been paying attention to the news.
mueller report gave no opinion on obstruction.

Nearing end of his tenure Rosenstein hits back

The No. 2 Justice Department official appointed special counsel Robert Mueller to investigate ties between President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia — an inquiry that Trump repeatedly called “a witch hunt. Last week, Rosenstein backed Attorney General William Barr’s decision to clear Trump on obstruction

I think we should wait to hear exactly what the claims are, as usual.

IF he made promises for his own gain to foreign dignitaries then yes he should be dealt with.

IF however its possibly merely negotiating tactics being oversensationalized, then nope.

and that is assuming the RUMOR about what this is about , is true.

umm no that is what the AG's said. if you had been paying attention to the news.
mueller report gave no opinion on obstruction.

Nearing end of his tenure Rosenstein hits back

The No. 2 Justice Department official appointed special counsel Robert Mueller to investigate ties between President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia — an inquiry that Trump repeatedly called “a witch hunt. Last week, Rosenstein backed Attorney General William Barr’s decision to clear Trump on obstruction

And Mueller said the AG lied and misled the public on his report

Well then, allow me to retort.

1. Trump is a planted Russia agent who is secretly working for Putin
2. Bret Kavanaugh is an alcoholic high school rape train conductor
3. Trump had Russian Oligarchs co-signing all his loans with Deutsche Bank
4. Trump owes the Russians billions of dollars and is why he works for Putin
5. Trumps aids were caught traveling to Russia to secretly met with the Russian government
6. We have pictures of Russian hookers peeing on Trump
7. If Trump is elected the stock market will crash
8. The first Lady hates Mexican kids on the border because her jacket said so
9. Trump wants to kill Mexicans which is why he sent the National Guard to the border
10. Trump is a Nazi and hates his own Jewish grand children

I have about 40 more but that should give you an idea of how stupid the left has become.

Everyone is tired of the fake outrage, fake news, and fake Liberals.

The problem with your list is that the majority of those are actually true but unable to be substantiated because Trump and his republican Congress are stonewalling and obstructing justice. If there was even ONE SINGLE Congressional investigation permitted to proceed according to the Constitution and rule of law, you would most certainly see proof of every one of those allegations.

I've never heard the last one about him being a Nazi, his grandfather was though. And he has no feelings either way for his grandchildren just as he didn't for any of his own kids except for his daughter-wife Ivanka.

The problem with your list is that the majority of those are actually true but unable to be substantiated because Trump and his republican Congress are stonewalling and obstructing justice. If there was even ONE SINGLE Congressional investigation permitted to proceed according to the Constitution and rule of law, you would most certainly see proof of every one of those allegations.

The problem is that the left whats to do things their way and they think anything they don't agree with is a constitutional crisis when in actuality, they are just throwing temper tantrums. The fact is that everything on that list has been debunked and I challenge you to disprove any of them.

I've never heard the last one about him being a Nazi, his grandfather was though. And he has no feelings either way for his grandchildren just as he didn't for any of his own kids except for his daughter-wife Ivanka.

Is that just another false opinion or did you have some evidence of that?

No it is not !!!! DOJ and white house are breaking the law and we all know it too. Trump supporters know it too and they dont care ...i guess when it catches up to them like the coal miners,,, then they will be satisfied. right now if trump hit/hurt/killed your mother ...he would get away with it !!!and Barr would laugh in your face....Trump is making promises to foreign leaders that our Intel and security officers dont know about!!! this is f--king dangerous to our country

Back
Top Bottom