• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House and DOJ recommend holding whistle blower complaint from Congress

Just maybe if the left wasn't so filled with fake news every day, you might get some attention. After crying wolf hundreds of times, day in and day out, nobody believes this crap anymore.

Thats what you get for constantly crying and whining over an election from two and a half years ago.

We don't buy the fake outrage anymore.

I'll file that in fake narrative file.

Well then, allow me to retort.

1. Trump is a planted Russia agent who is secretly working for Putin
2. Bret Kavanaugh is an alcoholic high school rape train conductor
3. Trump had Russian Oligarchs co-signing all his loans with Deutsche Bank
4. Trump owes the Russians billions of dollars and is why he works for Putin
5. Trumps aids were caught traveling to Russia to secretly met with the Russian government
6. We have pictures of Russian hookers peeing on Trump
7. If Trump is elected the stock market will crash
8. The first Lady hates Mexican kids on the border because her jacket said so
9. Trump wants to kill Mexicans which is why he sent the National Guard to the border
10. Trump is a Nazi and hates his own Jewish grand children

I have about 40 more but that should give you an idea of how stupid the left has become.

Everyone is tired of the fake outrage, fake news, and fake Liberals.

Congratulations, you've just won the strawman post of the year award!

Very good!

No it is not !!!! DOJ and white house are breaking the law and we all know it too. Trump supporters know it too and they dont care ...i guess when it catches up to them like the coal miners,,, then they will be satisfied. right now if trump hit/hurt/killed your mother ...he would get away with it !!!and Barr would laugh in your face....Trump is making promises to foreign leaders that our Intel and security officers dont know about!!! this is f--king dangerous to our country

So what law is being broken.
The president has a right to speak to foreign leaders.

i swear leftist invent new laws that don't exist anywhere.

diplomatic communications belong to the executive office.
reagan did it, clinton did it, bush x2 and obama did it all the time.

so another faux outrage by people.

actually he did, and the AG's over the investigation cleared trump of obstruction as well.
no there was no obstruction no matter how much you want there to be.

So a Trump appointee who wrote an article proclaiming that the president should effectively be above the law declares that the prez is cleared of Obstruction, when Mueller did not.

Got it.

Well then, allow me to retort.

1. Trump is a planted Russia agent who is secretly working for Putin
2. Bret Kavanaugh is an alcoholic high school rape train conductor
3. Trump had Russian Oligarchs co-signing all his loans with Deutsche Bank
4. Trump owes the Russians billions of dollars and is why he works for Putin
5. Trumps aids were caught traveling to Russia to secretly met with the Russian government
6. We have pictures of Russian hookers peeing on Trump
7. If Trump is elected the stock market will crash
8. The first Lady hates Mexican kids on the border because her jacket said so
9. Trump wants to kill Mexicans which is why he sent the National Guard to the border
10. Trump is a Nazi and hates his own Jewish grand children

I have about 40 more but that should give you an idea of how stupid the left has become.

Everyone is tired of the fake outrage, fake news, and fake Liberals.

Please prove how those accusations are in anyway disproven...

So a Trump appointee who wrote an article proclaiming that the president should effectively be above the law declares that the prez is cleared of Obstruction, when Mueller did not.

Got it.

dishonest is dishonest. and what you said was dishonest.
mueller gave no opinion

mueller never said he was guilty.
you don't seem to understand facts.

since mueller punted he turned the decision over to his bosses.
both of them declared that he was not guilty of obstruction.

please deal with facts not your false information that you make up.

Trump's talking to foreign leaders is not the subject of the whistleblowing.

That the WH is blocking a legitimate whistleblower complaint desitned to go to Congress, as confirmed by the IG, is the issue.

But, of course, you righties don't care.

If you were geting a ticket by a cop, and you told the cop, "I don't believe your ticket is legit, so I'm not going to let you write me ticket" you'd be taken downtown to jail.

See, even if you were correct, if you did have the right to be the arbiter of a cop's legitimacy, this nation would be in chaos. You take your ticket and argue it in court if you believe your are innocent.

Congress is the cop on the beat in this analogy

mueller report no evidence.
kavanaugh actually didn't rape anyone.
there is no evidence that trump loans are backed by russia.
there is no evidence in fact a 2 year investigation says otherwise.
so there we go that was simple.

again not that you care about facts.

Trump's talking to foreign leaders is not the subject of the whistleblowing.
That the WH is blocking a legitimate whistleblower complaint desitned to go to Congress, as confirmed by the IG, is the issue.
But, of course, you righties don't care.

because the whistle blower complaint is frivolous. trump has the ability and a lot of leeway when it comes to diplomatic communications.
which is exactly what the complaint is about.

If you were geting a ticket by a cop, and you told the cop, "I don't believe your ticket is legit, so I'm not going to let you write me ticket" you'd be taken downtown to jail.

yet that isn't what is being done.

See, even if you were correct, if you did have the right to be the arbiter of a cop's legitimacy, this nation would be in chaos. You take your ticket and argue it in court if you believe your are innocent.

this is ignorable since what you based this on was irrelevant.

Congress is the cop on the beat in this analogy
not really as congress has 0 oversite over diplomatic communications.

The problem is that the left whats to do things their way and they think anything they don't agree with is a constitutional crisis when in actuality, they are just throwing temper tantrums. The fact is that everything on that list has been debunked and I challenge you to disprove any of them.

Is that just another false opinion or did you have some evidence of that?

congress's duty to act as oversight is not "disagreeing", it's their duty to provide a check on the executive branch.

The fact that you don't like it, and your calls of "disagreement" are frivolous.

Can't disprove a negative. Its impossible. But you knew that already.

How about you prove any one of them. No opinions, no but but but Obama's, no because he's a (fill in the blank)

How about you show us all how you think people in this country should be judged. Are you guilty until proven innocent or are you guilty just because you said so.

Take your time.

because the whistle blower complaint is frivolous. trump has the ability and a lot of leeway when it comes to diplomatic communications.

yet that isn't what is being done.

this is ignorable since what you based this on was irrelevant.

not really as congress has 0 oversite over diplomatic communications.

It's not "oversite over diplomatic communications", it's WH Blocking an IG confirmed whistleblower complaint that was supposed to go to congress.

It doean't matter what they are claiming the substance of it is, it's up to congress to arbit the thing, not the executive branch.

I can't imagine Trump accepting as legit ANY whistleblower complaint. That is precisely WHY congress should see it.

Trump is stonewalling EVERY investigation into his conduct. Trump has a history of deceptive and manipulative activity, if not outright criminal activity, If there ever were a reason to embolden Congress's duty to provide oversight, with this president, this is it.

Last edited:
It's not "oversite over diplomatic communications", it's WH Blocking an IG confirmed whistleblower complaint that was supposed to go to congress.

It doean't matter what they are claiming the substance of it is, it's up to congress to arbit the thing, not the executive branch.

No it isn't.

White House also involved in advising DNI not share to whistleblower complaint - CNNPolitics

"I have requested authorization from the Acting DNI to disclose, at the very least, the general subject matter of the Complainant's allegations to the congressional intelligence committees," he wrote. "To date, however, I have not been authorized to disclose even that basic information to you."
But the inspector general insisted the matter was very relevant to those who have oversight of intelligence.
"The Complainant's disclosure not only falls within the DNI's jurisdiction, but relates to one of the most significant and important of the DNI's responsibilities to the American people," Atkinson wrote.

as i said you guys just make up whatever crap you want and you are not correct.
but don't let facts stop you they haven't yet.

So you believe that whatever Trump said is no big deal. So why does Trump need to prevent the whistleblower from speaking?

Oh, it's no big deal but it will be twisted? But don't we have a right to know and decide for ourselves?

Oh, it's top secret. Ok, can't the Senate Intelligence Committee review the top secret information privately?

These excuses are just pathetic. You are simply a supporter of corruption. You just desperately want to protect your corrupt president.

Hypothetically, does he have the leeway to withhold military aid to a country, to the benefit of another country that interfered in our election, to pressure that first country into opening an investigation into a potential election opponent?

So you believe that whatever Trump said is no big deal. So why does Trump need to prevent the whistleblower from speaking?

Oh, it's no big deal but it will be twisted? But don't we have a right to know and decide for ourselves?

Oh, it's top secret. Ok, can't the Senate Intelligence Committee review the top secret information privately?

These excuses are just pathetic. You are simply a supporter of corruption. You just desperately want to protect your corrupt president.

no i believe what the law says.
White House also involved in advising DNI not share to whistleblower complaint - CNNPolitics

"I have requested authorization from the Acting DNI to disclose, at the very least, the general subject matter of the Complainant's allegations to the congressional intelligence committees," he wrote. "To date, however, I have not been authorized to disclose even that basic information to you."
But the inspector general insisted the matter was very relevant to those who have oversight of intelligence.
"The Complainant's disclosure not only falls within the DNI's jurisdiction, but relates to one of the most significant and important of the DNI's responsibilities to the American people," Atkinson wrote.

You should look up facts i know i know you don't like them but they are what they are.
Nope i support the law and the law says that this issue because under the IG and the DNI not congress.

congress's duty to act as oversight is not "disagreeing", it's their duty to provide a check on the executive branch.

The fact that you don't like it, and your calls of "disagreement" are frivolous.

Neither you or Congress has the right to invade a presidents executive privilege. Its there for a reason no matter who (Democrat or Republican) is president. Once you do it one time, it will be on forever with every president that comes into office.

How would you like it if a DA could invade your attorney client privilege. Now you can't even discuss your case our how best to defend yourself because your attorney could testify against you.

Before Trump came into office this was never even discussed before. Its a stupid notion to even discuss it.

Neither you or Congress has the right to invade a presidents executive privilege. Its there for a reason no matter who (Democrat or Republican) is president. Once you do it one time, it will be on forever with every president that comes into office.

How would you like it if a DA could invade your attorney client privilege. Now you can't even discuss your case our how best to defend yourself because your attorney could testify against you.

Before Trump came into office this was never even discussed before. Its a stupid notion to even discuss it.

Trump will call EVERYTHING s "priviledge". He is ABUSING that principle in spades.

He has favored dictators, loves them, and took their word over that of our intelligence professionals.

If there ever a president who should be overseen, who should not be trusted, it is this president.

He has scammed thousands out of millions with his fake University.

He has committed felonies in election laws, and the list of his despicable acts as a human being, is a long one.

He has used his foundation to illegally pay for legal bills, and his foundation was dissolved by NY State for "illegal activity".

This list of his transgressions is long, and now he is breaking a long held tradition by not releasing his taxes. one can only wonder why. I'll tell you why, it will reveal illegal activity.

The right claims Mueller found nothing, but his report was white washed by his appointees, duh. Mueller disagreed. It clearly lists numerous acts of obstruction and no less than 140 documented contacts with russians. He talks with Putin in secret, destroys the translators notes. WTF? And why is their a translator anyway?, there is a video of Putin speaking perfect english. YouTube
He's probably getting dictator 101 lessons from Putin.

IF there ever were a president no one should trust, it is this president.

There no priviledge in an IG confirmed whistleblower complaint, and to argue otherwise, is to embolden Trumps fascist desires.

Last edited:
Trump will call EVERYTHING s "priviledge". He is ABUSING that principle in spades.

He has favored dictators, loves them, and took their word over that of our intelligence professionals.

If there ever a president who should be overseen, who should not be trusted, it is this president.

He has scammed thousands out of millions with his fake University.

He has committed felonies in election laws, and the list of his despicable acts as a human being, is a long one.

He has used his foundation to illegally pay for legal bills, and his foundation was dissolved by NY State for "illegal activity".

This list of his transgressions is long, and now he is breaking a long held tradition by not releasing his taxes. one can only wonder why. I'll tell you why, it will reveal illegal activity.

The right claims Mueller found nothing, but his report was white washed by his appointees, duh. Mueller disagreed. It clearly lists numerous acts of obstruction and no less than 140 documented contacts with russians. He talks with Putin in secret, destroys the translators notes. WTF? And why is their a translator anyway?, there is a video of Putin speaking perfect english. YouTube
He's probably getting dictator 101 lessons from Putin.

IF there ever were a president no one should trust, it is this president.

There no priviledge in an IG confirmed whistleblower complaint, and to argue otherwise, is to embolden Trumps fascist desires.

You are obviously way out of your pay grade on this. EVERYTHING a president says to his administration or employees of the White House is executive privilege.

The rest of your comments are just opinion and Liberal talking points. You are not entitled to anything so its better you just get over it.

You don't get to know everything the president discusses
You don't get to question his executive privilege
You don't get to question his interns
You don't get to oversee anything he does
You don't get to have your way just because you think your entitled to.

If you want to make a change, go vote or live with the consequences. Thats as simple as it gets.

America voted, Trump won, and there isn't thing one you can do about it so wouldn't it be better if you concentrate your efforts on something in your control?

The right claims Mueller found nothing, but his report was white washed by his appointees, duh.

I do not recall Mr. Mueller stating the report that his team prepared was NOT the report that was actually published by the government.

no i believe what the law says.
You should look up facts i know i know you don't like them but they are what they are.
Nope i support the law and the law says that this issue because under the IG and the DNI not congress.

Ahem.

Public Law 105-272 Sec 1.
Title VII: WHISTLEBLOWER PROTECTION FOR INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY EMPLOYEES REPORTING URGENT CONCERNS TO CONGRESS
Sec. 702 (b) ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS WITH RESPECT TO INSPECTORS GENERAL OF THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY.
(2) If a designee of an Inspector General under this section receives a complaint or information of an employee with respect to an urgent concern, that designee shall report the complaint or information to the Inspector General within 7 calendar days of receipt.
(b) Not later than the end of the 14-calendar day period beginning on the date of receipt of an employee complaint or information under subsection (a), the Inspector General shall determine whether the complaint or information appears credible. If the Inspector General determines that the complaint or information appears credible, the Inspector General shall, before the end of such period, transmit the complaint or information to the head of the establishment.
(c) Upon receipt of a transmittal from the Inspector General under subsection (b), the head of the establishment shall, within 7 calendar days of such receipt, forward such transmittal to the intelligence committees, together with any comments the head of the establishment considers appropriate.
(d)(1) If the Inspector General does not transmit, or does not transmit in an accurate form, the complaint or information described in subsection (b), the employee (subject to paragraph(2)) may submit the complaint or information to Congress by contacting either or both of the intelligence committees directly.
(2) The employee may contact the intelligence committees directly as described in paragraph (1) only if the employee—
(A) before making such a contact, furnishes to the head of the establishment, through the Inspector General, a statement of the employee's complaint or information and notice of the employee's intent to contact the intelligence committees directly; and
(B) obtains and follows from the head of the establishment, through the Inspector General, direction on how to contact the intelligence committees in accordance with appropriate security practices.
(3) A member or employee of one of the intelligence committees who receives a complaint or information under paragraph (1) does so in that member or employee's official capacity as a member or employee of that committee.
(e) The Inspector General shall notify an employee who reports a complaint or information under this section of each action taken under this section with respect to the complaint or information. Such notice shall be provided not later than 3 days after any such action is taken.

50 U.S.C. Section 3234, Prohibited personnel practices in the intelligence community
(b) AGENCY EMPLOYEES.
Any employee of an agency who has authority to take, direct others to take, recommend, or
approve any personnel action, shall not, with respect to such authority, take or fail to take a
personnel action with respect to any employee of a covered intelligence community element as
a reprisal for a lawful disclosure of information by the employee to the Director of National
Intelligence (or an employee designated by the Director of National Intelligence for such
purpose), the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, the head of the employing
agency (or an employee designated by the head of that agency for such purpose), the
appropriate inspector general of the employing agency, a congressional intelligence committee,
or a member of a congressional intelligence committee, which the employee reasonably
believes evidences—

(1) a violation of any Federal law, rule, or regulation; or
(2) mismanagement, a gross waste of funds, an abuse of authority, or a substantial and
specific danger to public health or safety

Is this a surprise to anyone?

This is a departure from the law. It's spelled out, in black and white, that complaints such as this from a whistle blower that's been deemed by the Inspector General to be 'urgent', will be covered up by Trump and the DNI. The complaint cleared an initial hurdle when the Inspector General Michael Atkinson, deemed it credible and began to pursue an investigation. But it has prompted a standoff between lawmakers and the acting director of national intelligence, Joseph Maguire, who has refused to turn it over to Congress, as is required by law.

Trump claims this is 'fake news'. Sounding authoritarian much yet? Really people, get a grip on reality and see things for what they are not for what Trump or Fox tells you they are. The writing is on the wall for everyone to see. The president and DNI are obstructing justice and in this case it may indeed be a serious matter of national security. Don't you care enough about this country to show at least a little concern or curiosity as to what this "urgent" alarm was all about?

I think it is time for the House to hold someone who fails to answer question in Contempt and put in the jail cell in the basement of the House building. A few days in therre and maybe they would start talking.

Abuse of power, abuse of power, abuse of power.

Impeach now.

Back
Top Bottom