• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House abruptly cancelled meeting with intel chiefs day after contradicting Trump

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
White House abruptly cancelled meeting with intel chiefs day after contradicting Trump

1/31/19
The White House cancelled President Trump’s daily intelligence briefing Wednesday after the nation’s top intelligence officials contradicted the administration’s foreign policy in front of Congress. White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told The Daily Beast “It was moved.” Presidents typically meet with intelligence officials daily to review threats to the nation. While those meetings are sometimes cancelled in the Trump White House, the abruptness Wednesday was unusual. The cancellation came the day after CIA Director Gina Haspel and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats contradicted Trump on an array of foreign policy issues. The two said that Iran was complying with an Obama-era nuclear deal that Trump has slammed as a “disaster,” noted that North Korea was unlikely to give up its nuclear weapons, though the president has said denuclearization talks are making progress, and said ISIS was still a threat despite Trump’s declaration of victory over the terrorist group. Trump responded the next morning by excoriating the intelligence chiefs, suggesting that they “should go back to school!” But Trump appeared to reconcile with the officials Thursday during an Oval Office meeting, saying they were “all on the same page!”

Trump thought he would punish his intel chiefs by canceling Wednesday's Presidents Daily Brief (PDB) by the CIA.

An ignorant buffoon that probably receives the PDB while laying in bed watching Fox & Friends.

Saddest part IMO is that Trump's campaign is itself, under a counterintelligence investigation. Maybe they briefed him on his own threat to the nation?

Second to that in sadness, is that Trump apparently didn't even watch the Intelligence committee testimony, he had no idea what to think about the whole "contradicted me", because he didn't pay any attention to it.

Trump supporters "feel safe" with Trump at the helm. Separate kids from parents at the border, makes them feel safe. Talking about Walls, they feel safe. Sending Troops to hang out at the border for no good reason...you get the idea.
Why would taking Daily Briefings serious, or listening to the United States Intelligence leaders, help make us safer? Being aware of actual security threats...how would that help?
/sarcasm

The White House **** show continues...

What a ****ing baby

I'm telling you, Trump is the type of person that would actually say there is no such thing as the moon, we are just imagining it.

It is more clear than ever that Trump lives in his own delusional world that is distinct and apart from actual reality. As such, he is mentally disturbed and must be removed from office ASAP.

I can't believe Republicans are sitting by doing nothing (well, actually maybe not because they have been scumbags for a long time now) and even worse, there are still people defending this man.

It's astonishing

I can't believe Republicans are sitting by doing nothing

It's very easy to believe, the system is is excessively polarized and hyperpartisan. Trump wears the R, so Republicans defend him. If Trump was a D, but did much the same as he does now, the Democrats would defend him and the Republicans would be losing their minds.

It's very easy to believe, the system is is excessively polarized and hyperpartisan. Trump wears the R, so Republicans defend him. If Trump was a D, but did much the same as he does now, the Democrats would defend him and the Republicans would be losing their minds.

I caution people against this sort of "both sides" arguments when one side is actively trying to burn the place down and the other side is... angry about them burning the place down.

I'm telling you, Trump is the type of person that would actually say there is no such thing as the moon, we are just imagining it.

And his followers would find some way to present it as basically the truth if you consider what it was which prompted him to say it.

So the child king would appear to think that not allowing them the chance to breath the same air as his excellency his some form of punishment for their doing their jobs while forgetting - or not caring - that he needs the information they provide to do his.

I caution people against this sort of "both sides" arguments when one side is actively trying to burn the place down and the other side is... angry about them burning the place down.

Yeah, but the Republocrats have been pouring gasoline on the system for some time now. I caution people from falling into the One Party lie because it's that which has predominately been responsible for the current state of affairs we suffer.

Back
Top Bottom