• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White Fright - Glenn Beck's Rally Was "the waterworld" of white self-pity

No, I'm not. I'm speaking to a specific question. I don't know one way or another as to whether Beck is racist or not. But I do know we can't judge him so by simply looking at attendence to his rally. So, I state clearly that we can't by that alone. We would need more evidence. This is easy to follow and requires no reading in of your own personal bias.

That's cool, this thread here doesn't show you are a racist. We'll "not alone" :roll:

And I would agree. You would need more evidence.

Get it yet?

;)

that's ok, the fact you bring up race and white folk alone doesn't prove you are a racist.

So why is it you are so concerned with race anyway?

I'll just keep this sort of backhanded inferences up for now. Mkay....

Why do liberals hate white people so much?

Evidence is the proportion of thse who showed up. Something with a broader appeal would have a better propotion. Try to stay with the confines of what I'm saying. ;)

Do you check the racial proportions of all audiences? How about Sharpton's rally on 8.28?

And why does skin color mean so much to you? Did you grow up in the 60s or something?

No, the claim as I read is that the crowd was proportainal. It wasn't. That is the point. Nothing more and nothing less.

Which "claim"?

that's ok, the fact you bring up race and white folk alone doesn't prove you are a racist.

So why is it you are so concerned with race anyway?

I'll just keep this sort of backhanded inferences up for now. Mkay....

You can if you like, but you have supported my claim, whihc is all I care about. ;)

No, not the one we're talking about. Though I stand by that one. The claim was about the make up of the crowd. Just let me know which one your responding to. ;)

Oh, if you need help interpreting the wink, just ask. It's better than constantly getting it wrong. :lamo

You know, you've had two opportunities to link to this "claim" of racial "proportionality" within the crowd, which would be a simple matter, yet you've declined to do so both times.

You know, you've had two opportunities to link to this "claim" of racial "proportionality" within the crowd, which would be a simple matter, yet you've declined to do so both times.

I try to assume you've read the thread. I don't believe I'm obligated to do your reading for you, or hold your hand in reading it. If you can't follow the discussion, that's not my problem. When you interject yourself, you should know what your responding to.

Do you check the racial proportions of all audiences? How about Sharpton's rally on 8.28?

And why does skin color mean so much to you? Did you grow up in the 60s or something?

Waiting for Boo to get to this one....

I try to assume you've read the thread. I don't believe I'm obligated to do your reading for you, or hold your hand in reading it. If you can't follow the discussion, that's not my problem. When you interject yourself, you should know what your responding to.

In other words, no one made that claim. Indeed, having read the thread, I already knew that.

Written By the outspoken Athiest Christopher Hitchens
Very intelligent man and somewhat likeable, however, I think he may be a little biased concerning the Glenn Beck Revival.
Just sayin....

hitchens1.jpg

In a rather curious and confused way, some white people are starting almost to think like a minority, even like a persecuted one. What does it take to believe that Christianity is an endangered religion in America or that the name of Jesus is insufficiently spoken or appreciated? Who wakes up believing that there is no appreciation for our veterans and our armed forces and that without a noisy speech from Sarah Palin, their sacrifice would be scorned? It's not unfair to say that such grievances are purely and simply imaginary, which in turn leads one to ask what the real ones can be.

Their hurt is real.
But it is not the pain of being a "persecuted minority" (although they no doubt truly feel that way), but rather, the pain of white privilege, white dominion, and the white power structure being in their death throes.
It's the pain of a group that has always been first and enjoyed preferential treatment, no longer being first or having preferential treatment (not that this has actually happened yet, but it's looming on the horizon, and we all know it, and many white people are afraid).

I don't feel sorry for whites because they're losing their privileged status. I rejoice at the prospect of the beginning of true racial equity. I am sorry they're scared, though.
I don't think their future is as grim and bleak as they currently believe it to be.

Their hurt is real.
But it is not the pain of being a "persecuted minority" (although they no doubt truly feel that way), but rather, the pain of white privilege, white dominion, and the white power structure being in their death throes.
It's the pain of a group that has always been first and enjoyed preferential treatment, no longer being first or having preferential treatment (not that this has actually happened yet, but it's looming on the horizon, and we all know it, and many white people are afraid).

I don't feel sorry for whites because they're losing their privileged status. I rejoice at the prospect of the beginning of true racial equity. I am sorry they're scared, though.
I don't think their future is as grim and bleak as they currently believe it to be.

This is the biggest load of absolute horse**** Ive ever read.

Anyone who actually believe this garbage must be miserable with "white guilt".

Last edited:

Anyone who actually believe this garbage must be miserable.

Why is that a load of **** caine?

Anyone who actually believe this garbage must be miserable.

You're right; perhaps I'm being overly optimistic.
Their future actually is pretty bleak. I was just trying to be reassuring. :lol:

Why is that a load of **** caine?

"White Privlege" is a load of ****.

Ive not always been first.
Ive not always enjoyed preferential treatment.

The whole premise gets blown out of the ****ing water when you look at the millions of trailer parks full of redneck ass idiots who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and compare them to the equally moronic inner city thugs. Its about poor decision making.

The only "Privlege" there is, belongs to those with another "W" at the beginning of their group's adjective word.

"Wealthy".

Winston don't tell me you actually believe this "White Privlege" bull****.

"White Privlege" is a load of ****.

Ive not always been first.
Ive not always enjoyed preferential treatment.

The whole premise gets blown out of the ****ing water when you look at the millions of trailer parks full of redneck ass idiots who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and compare them to the equally moronic inner city thugs. Its about poor decision making.

The only "Privlege" there is, belongs to those with another "W" at the beginning of their group's adjective word.

"Wealthy".

Winston don't tell me you actually believe this "White Privlege" bull****.

You don't have to believe in it; it believes in you.
I suspect you'll sho 'nuff believe in it once it's no longer propping you up.
Or maybe you'll just believe you're an oppressed minority when that time comes.
Maybe you already believe it now.

Back
Top Bottom