• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"White Elevators" sign spotted at Republican Convention Arena

disneydude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
‘White Elevators’ Sign Spotted at Republican National Convention Arena

In a truly inexplicable move—especially given the issues Republicans have had with so-called minorities this election cycle— a sign was posted with the words “White Elevators,” pointing to an elevator bank at the Republican National Convention site in Cleveland this weekend.

Apparently there are three banks of elevators and they labeled them Red - White - Blue. However, considering the uphill battle that the GOP has attracting minority voters, this is not the image that they wanted portrayed. Poor Donald Drumpf....nothing seems to be going right for him. First the disastrous 60 minute interview and now this!

wuite elevators.jpg

In a truly inexplicable move—especially given the issues Republicans have had with so-called minorities this election cycle— a sign was posted with the words “White Elevators,” pointing to an elevator bank at the Republican National Convention site in Cleveland this weekend.

Apparently there are three banks of elevators and they labeled them Red - White - Blue. However, considering the uphill battle that the GOP has attracting minority voters, this is not the image that they wanted portrayed. Poor Donald Drumpf....nothing seems to be going right for him. First the disastrous 60 minute interview and now this!

View attachment 67204446

I mean it was stupid to do this because it can and will get taken out of context. But since we know the context, why do we care?

I mean it was stupid to do this because it can and will get taken out of context. But since we know the context, why do we care?

That's why I posted the correct context.....but certainly it is a gaffe that could have been avoided had someone taken care to do so.....it just creates an image that isn't one that is positive for the campaign.

View attachment 67204446

I am no fan of Trump.But you probably shouldn't get your nets from theroot.com.Apparently even they admit the context, but still chose to run with the its racist narrative.
‘WHITE’ is no longer allowed to be a color! Left goes nuts over color-coded GOP convention elevators | BizPac Review
'White Elevators' Cause Consternation at RNC Site : snopes.com

Having done exactly as much research into this as liberals have (which is none) I have a thought: Perhaps this “white elevator” is part of some kind of color-coding system that also includes the “red elevator” and the “blue elevator,” you know, like the colors of the American flag. Maybe just maybe, this is a way to help conventioneers navigate the arena.
Here’s what I know for a fact: this sign does not indicate an elevator to be used by white people only. Liberals know this too, but they can’t miss an opportunity to falsely accuse the GOP of racism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rows-with-white-elevators-signs-in-cleveland/
“The RNC event management team selected our national colors of Red, White and Blue to be utilized for their new directional signage system installed for the RNC,” said a statement from the convention’s Committee on Arrangements

Last edited:
That's why I posted the correct context.....but certainly it is a gaffe that could have been avoided had someone taken care to do so.....it just creates an image that isn't one that is positive for the campaign.

No, it doesn't create anything. It's the racists on the left who take EVERYTHING in terms of race that creates this context. The only context that matters is that these are the colors of the American flag. That racist liberals want it to mean something else says nothing about the GOP and everything about the racist liberals.

There isn't much positive about Trump's campaign to begin with, tbh.

View attachment 67204446

Imagine!! Having elevators labelled with the colours of your country's flag. Do you also think your country's flag is racist because it has white in it but doesn't have any black?

If liberals didn't have a gene that impels them to shriek racism a couple of times a week, people might mistake them for normal humans.

Seriously? Is that today's liberal bitch?

Lest we forget, Red, White, and Blue are the colors of the US flag.

It's also one of the colors in a box of Crayons.

Just as the guy who farts points at everyone else in the room claiming they did it, liberals point at everyone else and scream racist!!

View attachment 67204446

OK, Red White and Blue, I get it. But man...maybe not all that well thought out. There's no racist motive behind this, just lack of foresight.

I am no fan of Trump.But you probably shouldn't get your nets from theroot.com.Apparently even they admit the context, but still chose to run with the its racist narrative.
‘WHITE’ is no longer allowed to be a color! Left goes nuts over color-coded GOP convention elevators | BizPac Review
'White Elevators' Cause Consternation at RNC Site : snopes.com

Having done exactly as much research into this as liberals have (which is none) I have a thought: Perhaps this “white elevator” is part of some kind of color-coding system that also includes the “red elevator” and the “blue elevator,” you know, like the colors of the American flag. Maybe just maybe, this is a way to help conventioneers navigate the arena.
Here’s what I know for a fact: this sign does not indicate an elevator to be used by white people only. Liberals know this too, but they can’t miss an opportunity to falsely accuse the GOP of racism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rows-with-white-elevators-signs-in-cleveland/
“The RNC event management team selected our national colors of Red, White and Blue to be utilized for their new directional signage system installed for the RNC,” said a statement from the convention’s Committee on Arrangements

No one is disputing that.....doh! Its just another unfortunately image that doesn't help the GOP. Especially not good for the Donald after the disaster on 60 minutes not even 24 hours earlier.

Imagine!! Having elevators labelled with the colours of your country's flag. Do you also think your country's flag is racist because it has white in it but doesn't have any black?

If liberals didn't have a gene that impels them to shriek racism a couple of times a week, people might mistake them for normal humans.

Perhaps knowing the history of this country with "White Only" signs.....this is something that perhaps was not a great idea.....just sayin!

Seriously? Is that today's liberal bitch?

Lest we forget, Red, White, and Blue are the colors of the US flag.

It's also one of the colors in a box of Crayons.

Our country doesn't have a history of "Green Only" or "Burnt Sienna Only" signs.....LOL.....

CJ, please don't ask that question. You're giving liberals new cause.

View attachment 67204446

Another "pajama boy" type false premise to get people riled up. What if the plastic coffee spoons are white.................................. total madness!

I understand that Obama wants to change the color. How does pink instead of white sound to everyone. The other choice clearly would be black.

OK, Red White and Blue, I get it. But man...maybe not all that well thought out. There's no racist motive behind this, just lack of foresight.

Bingo.....that's the whole point that the knee-jerkers on this thread missed!

The lack of foresight is understanding that liberals would make a point of it that simply doesn't exist because liberals are racists.

View attachment 67204446

Basically, no one but you cares. Well done, you made a thread about absolutely nothing of value.

Another "pajama boy" type false premise to get people riled up. What if the plastic coffee spoons are white.................................. total madness!

I think the point went over your head. No one is claiming that these elevators are "racist"...LOL. The point is....it is just a poor thought out plan....kind of like the notorious logo that lasted less than 24 hours. It hasn't been a good 72 hours for the Drumpf.

Basically, no one but you cares. Well done, you made a thread about absolutely nothing of value.

Its humorous. You do know that right? By the way Red.....a lot of people more than me care and are laughing because its all over the internet....Doh!

Just another poor thought out idea like the intercourse logo.

Perhaps knowing the history of this country with "White Only" signs.....this is something that perhaps was not a great idea.....just sayin!

Perhaps, if the life of the average liberal didn't seem to depend on roiling racial tensions and fueling division, people would be able to move past that history.

The lack of foresight is understanding that liberals would make a point of it that simply doesn't exist because liberals are racists.

I never realized the difference between singular and plural was so confusing...

I never realized the difference between singular and plural was so confusing...

It certainly hasn't been conservatives pointing at the sign and calling it racist. That all comes from your side.

Back
Top Bottom