• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White culture is a white supremacist culture?

White culture is white supremacist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could someone explain my culture to me?

Inability to dance without looking like Special Olympics?

Are we counting Eastern Europeans and Russians in white culture?

That aside, I think what is meant by "white culture" is "Western European culture", which includes North America and Australia and such.

Why you're a racist doesn't change whether you're a racist. How surprising it is that you're a racist doesn't change the fact that you are a racist. If you hold racists beliefs then the term racist accurately describes you. That doesn't mean all racists are Klan members, but it's still fair to call them racists.

There's an old joke that Homophobia is the fear that a gay man will treat a straight man the way most straight men treat women. I would say that someone who is fearful that white culture will disappear if white people don't maintain full control of every institution of power in the country is afraid that other races will treat white people the same way white people treat them.

Why would you think that someone from a small town who mistakenly thinks that there's something called "white culture" because all the "white" people he knows personally are just like him is necessarily going to hold white supremacist views?

I'm not suggesting that you did specifically. I'm using in the general sense. The royal you I guess they call it.
Am afraid of censorship.

Why would you think that someone from a small town who mistakenly thinks that there's something called "white culture" because all the "white" people he knows personally are just like him is necessarily going to hold white supremacist views?

I would expect most white american's to view their culture as American culture. The dominate culture within the US, with a significant number of subcultures within it. In general it is white Americans that shape the overall culture within the US. Of course as time has gone by, the influence of minorities in the dominate culture has changed it as well, but it still is dominated by white americans.

From a sociological aspect I would expect the term white culture, to be used by groups who either dislike or fear the changes in the dominate American culture, caused by the influence of minorities. Examples being "Black Music", and the push back that was apparent from the grown of Rock and Roll ( based on african american music styles) and on rap music until "white" groups like the Beastie Boys came around

Well they may not be a full blown Klan member, but obviously if you like your culture, whether it's a real thing or not you're going to want to see it remain strong aren't you? Obviously you didn't leave your small town you must think it's a pretty awesome place right? You know most of the country is white, and you know white people are almost always elected President. You don't want America becoming another version of Africa right? What might happen to your culture if white people no longer control the country and aren't the majority?

In this particular case yes they do. Even if some % of blacks are racist(I'm sure there are), there isn't really anything negative they could realistically do with it. They don't have enough power or control to impose any kind of racist beliefs therefore it's ridiculous to claim they want black supremacy.

Furthermore any black hatred of white people in general is almost certainly caused by the horrible way blacks have been treated by white people. Given our history, and current President it's hard to blame them for that. The majority of white people have in fact been hurting them for some time now.

There are ratios of 51/49. If white people were 51% and blacks were 49% you could still make the same argument you are making. Sorry, but I have had some blacks be really snotty and make racists remarks to me just because I'm white and I don't need that ****. I have black neighbors on both sides of me. One side is racist and the other side we have gone out with and our kids have played in each other's houses and gone to birthday parties together. A white neighbor had been making conversation with our neighbors on the other side and all of a sudden they interrupted him and told him that they prefer to talk with their own kind so he got the hint and went back home. You claim that a lower percentage means that it is impossible for that side to discriminate against the other side but that is exactly what happens with affirmative action. My ex-wife could not get into the nursing program with a 4.0 average because they were taking blacks with less than a 3.0 average. Now you might want to claim overall statistics but the fact is my ex-wife was discriminated against because she was white.

I would say that someone who is fearful that white culture will disappear if white people don't maintain full control of every institution of power in the country is afraid that other races will treat white people the same way white people treat them.

The culture changes that are happening in this country is coming from leftist whites, not from other groups. Minority groups tend towards more traditional social values.

Harvard only has 46% white non hispanic students

Undergraduate Graduate
and Professional U.S. Census
Asian/Pacific Islander 17% 11% 5%
Black/Non-Hispanic 6% 4% 12%
Hispanics of any race 9% 5% 16%
White/non-Hispanic 46% 43% 64%
Mixed Race/Other 10% 8% 9%
International students 11% 27% N/A

You see! White culture is inclusive.

Back
Top Bottom