• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White AmeriKKKA tries to deport an American soldier who is an American citizen

Actually if you are a passenger in a vehicle that is stopped, and the officer wants to, he can require you prove your identity. Most people do that with a license or ID....the reason the officer can do this is to ascertain whether or not anyone has wants or warrants on them.

He can ask. You can refuse. In some states courts have held that you are required to tell the officer your name, but this is only if you are arrested for a separate crime. A police officer can stop and search you only when he has a reasonable suspicion that you have committed a crime, according to the 4th amendment. He can "demand" you hand your ID over any time he wants, but unless he officially detains you, (in handcuffs) you can refuse and he cannot arrest you based solely on that refusal. If you are officially detained and have an ID on you, he can use it to ascertain your identity. If you don't have an ID on you and he can't determine your identity, you are not required by law to tell him until he places you under arrest for a legitimate crime, and you only have to tell him your name. And that is only in about half the states. The rest you don't even have to tell him your name.

And yes, if you don’t show up in the national database, you would be turned over to authorities. But tha is not the main focus of the program....voting is my main usage for the ID.

Use for voting is a good idea. Requiring it to be on your person at all times is unconstitutional.

Do you have anything resembling evidence that things did not occur as stated by ICE?

Once his status was determined what happened to him?

Yes, they said they only detained him because he told ICE he's illegal, which makes no sense and is contradicted by his lawyer, yet they picked him up directly from jail before they even talked to him. It's all in the story.

ICE released a statement Wednesday evening saying Ramos-Gomez told its officers he was "a foreign national illegally present in the U.S," and the agency took him into custody on Dec. 14. ICE said it released him three days later after receiving documentation suggesting he was a U.S. citizen.

I dont know if he said that, or if it is any way linked to his mental health issues, but making such a statement would reasonably garner the attention of ICE.

It's obvious you didn't read the article. He was in jail for a minor crime when ICE agents picked him up from jail because they thought he was illegal.

From then on he was in ICE custody

Then we're expected to believe, without evidence and solely on the word of ICE that he told them he was an illegal immigrant, when he obviously wasn't.

So if ICE got involved before he even talked to them, how could the start of all of this have been that he told ICE he was an illegal immigrant?

Now let's take a look at the guy:

wjbk-jilmar%20ramos-gomez%20ACLU-011819_1547825614167.jpg_6644038_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

By pure coincidence he just so happens to be the most hispanic looking guy in the history of hispanics.

Top it all off with these statements from his lawyer:

The story doesn't add up, but even dumber than that is that you're seriously making the argument that ICE doesn't racially profile as a core tactic. They do, and this is one example of many. You conservatives will **** on even decorated war heroes because chasing down some ominous illegal immigrants is far more important than our constitution, justice or basic rights Americans hold.

It's obvious you didn't read the article. He was in jail for a minor crime when ICE agents picked him up from jail because they thought he was illegal.

Just how do you think they knew he was in jail? They hire psychics as ICE agents now? Ask yourself HOW they knew he was even there.

By pure coincidence he just so happens to be the most hispanic looking guy in the history of hispanics.

If a large number of illegals in this area were not hispanic, hispanics wouldn't be suspect. They should blame their fellow hispanics for the profiling going on. You seem to have no problem labeling/grouping people, but that's ok?

Then we're expected to believe, without evidence and solely on the word of ICE that he told them he was an illegal immigrant, when he obviously wasn't.

You're believing, without evidence and solely on the word of his lawyer, why not ICE?

The story doesn't add up, but even dumber than that is that you're seriously making the argument that ICE doesn't racially profile as a core tactic.

I never made that argument, so stop lying. Of course they do. Like I said, if a large number of illegals are hispanic, why wouldn't you target hispanics?

You conservatives will **** on even decorated war heroes
Yeah, because they walk around with that picture, so you automatically know he's a decorated war hero. :roll: Again, it's those psychic ICE agents.

Dislike of a man =/= Overthrow of a race.

The funny thing is, if he replaced 'white' in all his rants with another color, there would be a lot more backlash from the left. He's a racist, yet it's ok because of the race he is ranting about. Hypocrites, all of them.

The funny thing is, if he replaced 'white' in all his rants with another color, there would be a lot more backlash from the left. He's a racist, yet it's ok because of the race he is ranting about. Hypocrites, all of them.

I suspect that they would argue that they are right that there needs to be different rules for different folks and if you dont agree with this then there is something wrong with you and you should thus be ignored until/unless you reform.

Just how do you think they knew he was in jail? They hire psychics as ICE agents now? Ask yourself HOW they knew he was even there.

If a large number of illegals in this area were not hispanic, hispanics wouldn't be suspect. They should blame their fellow hispanics for the profiling going on. You seem to have no problem labeling/grouping people, but that's ok?

You're believing, without evidence and solely on the word of his lawyer, why not ICE?

I never made that argument, so stop lying. Of course they do. Like I said, if a large number of illegals are hispanic, why wouldn't you target hispanics?

Yeah, because they walk around with that picture, so you automatically know he's a decorated war hero. :roll: Again, it's those psychic ICE agents.

First, thank you for admitting that ICE not only does profile, but SHOULD profile. I'm not sure why you tried to argue with me about it when you're admitting they do and should racially profile.

Second, how could they have gotten his confession that he was an illegal immigrant BEFORE ICE even picked him up?? They picked him up first because they had suspicions then later said they got a confession out of him. The entire thing stinks to high heaven and even the article contradicts ICE's statement.

Thanks for wasting my time with this nonsense. I'm glad you're at least being honest with your racist tendencies though. Kudos for that. I mean really, we shouldn't blame ICE for racially profiling, we should blame Hispanics for having so many illegals. Your incredibly racist nonsense is rejected. American citizens do not have to defend their citizenship. It is incumbent on ICE to prove someone is illegal before they're imprisoned for days.

Last edited:
This is why a national ID card would be so useful....issu3d free of charge to every citizen, and must be carried at all times

Use it for flights, banks, voting, etc

And for those who don’t drive...which is a lot of people, everyone will have the exact same ID

“Papers please...papers”.

Eff this idea I would be REQUIRED to carry my ID on me at all times.

You being Insulting isn't me being a snowflake.

I was noting the correlation between insults and failure.
It's not an insult, it is telling the truth about your kind. And the truth offends you.

ICE tried to deport U.S. citizen and Marine veteran in Michigan - Story | WJBK

Aaaaaand it turns out Ramos-Gomez never made such a statement and ICE made it all up. This is why people of color want to overthrow White America. Because in White America they try to deport American citizens on false charges.

And this isn't the first time this has happened.

There must be more instances of possible mistakes made by immigration enforcement officers, but what does that have to do with supposed white racism? Do we need to post the thousands of evidences of black racism towards whites? America should not be spun like a top in fomenting either black on white or white on black racism by such drawing of bad conclusions related to isolated incidents such as this.

Yes, they said they only detained him because he told ICE he's illegal, which makes no sense and is contradicted by his lawyer, yet they picked him up directly from jail before they even talked to him. It's all in the story.

So, no. You have no EVIDENCE. Only your rather biased opinion.

There must be more instances of possible mistakes made by immigration enforcement officers, but what does that have to do with supposed white racism? Do we need to post the thousands of evidences of black racism towards whites? America should not be spun like a top in fomenting either black on white or white on black racism by such drawing of bad conclusions related to isolated incidents such as this.

There are never mistakes.

Every act is a case.of racism.

So, no. You have no EVIDENCE. Only your rather biased opinion.

The evidence is in the article. They picked him up before they talked to him.

Pardon me for believing that Americans shouldn't be detained for days on a whim by ICE officers. It is not incumbent on Americans to be able to prove their citizenship 100% of the time when they're in public. Yes, I hold our law enforcement to a higher standard than I do average citizens. Crazy concept right?

I mean for ****s sake you're defending people who injustly imprisoned an American for days instead of criticizing them. There is no excuse for that. You can't be reasoned with.

The evidence is in the article. They picked him up before they talked to him.

Pardon me for believing that Americans shouldn't be detained for days on a whim by ICE officers. It is not incumbent on Americans to be able to prove their citizenship 100% of the time when they're in public. Yes, I hold our law enforcement to a higher standard than I do average citizens. Crazy concept right?

I mean for ****s sake you're defending people who injustly imprisoned an American for days instead of criticizing them. There is no excuse for that. You can't be reasoned with.

You have no EVIDENCE that ICE was lying.

You only have your biased OPINION.

And your OPINION has been given all the consideration it is due.

You have no EVIDENCE that ICE was lying.

You only have your biased OPINION.

And your OPINION has been given all the consideration it is due.

The article is what we have to go on. They took him in before his alleged "confession" which means they were dead wrong before they started.

By your standard there can never be any evidence. A cop could shoot an unarmed man and if I try to criticize him for it you'll scream I have no evidence that it even happened or that the world even exists.

You're defending locking up American citizens without trial or reason based purely on a whim by ICE. The guy's an American so there is ZERO EXCUSE for ICE to detain him. None. If you can defend arbitrarily locking up Americans try. I'll continue to condemn it.

The article is what we have to go on. They took him in before his alleged "confession" which means they were dead wrong before they started.

By your standard there can never be any evidence. A cop could shoot an unarmed man and if I try to criticize him for it you'll scream I have no evidence that it even happened or that the world even exists.

You're defending locking up American citizens without trial or reason based purely on a whim by ICE. The guy's an American so there is ZERO EXCUSE for ICE to detain him. None. If you can defend arbitrarily locking up Americans try. I'll continue to condemn it.

Where am I "defending" any such thing?

I am pointing out the fact you have ZERO EVIDENCE to call ICE liars in this case.

Unless of course you are privy to the discussions between the jail and ICE. Please share.

First, thank you for admitting that ICE not only does profile, but SHOULD profile. I'm not sure why you tried to argue with me about it when you're admitting they do and should racially profile.

Second, how could they have gotten his confession that he was an illegal immigrant BEFORE ICE even picked him up?? They picked him up first because they had suspicions then later said they got a confession out of him. The entire thing stinks to high heaven and even the article contradicts ICE's statement.

Thanks for wasting my time with this nonsense. I'm glad you're at least being honest with your racist tendencies though. Kudos for that. I mean really, we shouldn't blame ICE for racially profiling, we should blame Hispanics for having so many illegals. Your incredibly racist nonsense is rejected. American citizens do not have to defend their citizenship. It is incumbent on ICE to prove someone is illegal before they're imprisoned for days.

You know, if that's what you got from it, nothing I can do about it. You'll think and believe what you want anyway. You believe profiling has to be racist, I don't. If you work at the southern border, who else are you looking for? If you can answer that honestly and directly, you'll see the difference. But you won't. You'll do what you just did and twist and turn and avoid a specific answer.
Have a nice day.

Where am I "defending" any such thing?

I am pointing out the fact you have ZERO EVIDENCE to call ICE liars in this case.

Unless of course you are privy to the discussions between the jail and ICE. Please share.

You're defending them now as if this was somehow acceptable. There is no situation where ICE imprisoning an American is lawful or acceptable. Not one. Even if this had absolutely nothing to do with race, which it does, it would still be completely unacceptable.

Let's just add arbitrarily locking up brown Americans to your long list of ****ty opinions.

You know, if that's what you got from it, nothing I can do about it. You'll think and believe what you want anyway. You believe profiling has to be racist, I don't. If you work at the southern border, who else are you looking for? If you can answer that honestly and directly, you'll see the difference. But you won't. You'll do what you just did and twist and turn and avoid a specific answer.
Have a nice day.

I'm glad you've shifted to "who cares if they racially profile, Hispanics brought it on themselves!" instead of your previous attempts to pretend ICE doesn't profile at all.

They should blame their fellow hispanics for the profiling going on. Like I said, if a large number of illegals are hispanic, why wouldn't you target hispanics?

Last edited:
You're defending them now as if this was somehow acceptable. There is no situation where ICE imprisoning an American is lawful or acceptable. Not one. Even if this had absolutely nothing to do with race, which it does, it would still be completely unacceptable.

Let's just add arbitrarily locking up brown Americans to your long list of ****ty opinions.

I'm glad you've shifted to "who cares if they racially profile, Hispanics brought it on themselves!" instead of your previous attempts to pretend ICE doesn't profile at all.

You still haven't shared what you know about the discussion between the jailers and ICE. You are working solely on your assumptions of what happened combined with your clear and blatant biases....

And the rest of your race baiting nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom