• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whitaker told he does not need to recuse himself from overseeing Mueller investigation

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I still think Whitaker is a criminal informant for Mueller. The ethics ruling doesn't necessarily change my theory. The legal speak seems to me to back up the theory especially the tone. These guys (Trump and Whitaker) may just be too stupid to understand that he's spying for Mueller.

Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker has consulted with ethics officials at the Justice Department and they have advised him he does not need to recuse himself from overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, a source familiar with the process told CNN Thursday.

The source added Whitaker has been in ongoing discussions with ethics officials since taking the job in early November following the ouster of Jeff Sessions, who had stepped aside from overseeing the investigation due to his role as a Trump campaign surrogate during the 2016 election.
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein oversaw the investigation following Sessions' recusal and his office is still managing the investigation on a day-to-day basis, as CNN has previously reported.

Exclusive: Whitaker told he does not need to recuse himself from overseeing Mueller investigation

I still think Whitaker is a criminal informant for Mueller. The ethics ruling doesn't necessarily change my theory. The legal speak seems to me to back up the theory especially the tone. These guys (Trump and Whitaker) may just be too stupid to understand that he's spying for Mueller.

Exclusive: Whitaker told he does not need to recuse himself from overseeing Mueller investigation

He's also under criminal investigation by the FBI for earlier business dealings.

Typical choice for Twump.

He's also under criminal investigation by the FBI for earlier business dealings.

Typical choice for Twump.

Exactly why I think the FBI placed him there to be a double agent. Otherwise there's no reason to say that this guy isn't ethically challenged. Unless they are using him. It also lines up with the Op-Ed where you had a number of people in intelligence using their power to keep the President in check. That would be a HUGE check.

It's an interesting theory, and now I suppose we may see what Whitaker is really about, now that he has free-reign with Mueller.

I've done some research on that guy, who I had never heard of before Trump tapped him to play AG. He's creepy.

Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker is probably working with the Russians to do something, sometime when we least
expect it? Does Mueller know this could be happening? You know the Russians are every where. :doh

Also heard that that guy is so darn creepy........... Oh my?

It may be bait to get him to overplay his hand. Firing the Special Counsel might be the last nail in the obstruction of justice coffin .

As it turns out, this is all smoke and mirrors. He did not seek a formal ruling and was not actually told he 'does not need to recuse himself'. Yet more dishonest bull**** from this criminal admin. The ethics officials did tell Whitaker he should recuse. But a Trump appointee will always never actually hear that.

https://twitter.com/DelWilber/status/1075806100732198914

As it turns out, this is all smoke and mirrors. He did not seek a formal ruling and was not actually told he 'does not need to recuse himself'. Yet more dishonest bull**** from this criminal admin. The ethics officials did tell Whitaker he should recuse. But a Trump appointee will always never actually hear that.

However, maybe Mueller said to hold off on ethics review... Rosenstein may be the source in the article blowing said smoke :mrgreen:

Now there's a report out that says he should recuse himself: Ethics officials said Whitaker should recuse from the Mueller probe, but his advisers told him not to, officials say

Whitaker is a criminal informant. That's how this PR fight makes sense. They are trolling trump and whitaker.

Also wouldn't count out CIA as being apart of the matter.

Last edited:
... ethics officials noted there could be an appearance of a conflict based on Whitaker's past public comments about the investigation, as the standard is whether a reasonable person would conclude that he couldn't be impartial. The ethics official tasked with dealing with the review described it as a "close call" whether Whitaker needed to step aside but believed, in his view, that Whitaker should recuse himself out of an abundance of caution.
there was the call from the DOJ ethics office
close but recusal was appropriate because of the appearance the acting AG could not be found objective about the Mueller investigation based on his prior writings in opposition to it

not liking that response, the acting AG went shopping for another - different - answer. he got it from his aides:
A tight group of Whitaker's advisers who were heavily engaged in the ethics review process with him and ethics officials, then did their own review and ultimately recommended he not recuse himself. ...

so ethical [enter sarcasm icon of choice]

Whitaker is effectively checked then.

He will be tied up by House Investigations from now till doomsday over this. Justice Ethics told him that their formal recommendation would be to recuse and so Whitaker is ignoring Justice Ethics!!!

Who has Whitaker talked to at the WH before concluding that he would ignore Justice Ethics? Whitaker is effectively creating his own recusal storm in the manner in which he has tried to avoid recusal.

Can Trump somehow, someday avoid picking somebody dumb as a tree stump? Apparently NOT!

Back
Top Bottom