• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whitaker says he will not appear before House panel unless he gets guarantee he won't face subpoena

Let me just say that I watched the entire hearing. Matt Whitaker is a very bad liar. Not only that, but he was not 'prepped' adequately even though he spent hours being prepped yesterday. He was aggressive, defiant, he grandstanded, he was ill-prepared, belligerent, showed lack of respect and is totally unqualified for the job as acting Attn. General.

If I could point out just one thing, among many, in which I know for certain that Matt Whitacker lied, I will point out that despite denying several times and in several ways that he ever spoke with Trump about the Mueller investigation, and even after denying several times that he never spoke to ANYONE within the White House about the Mueller investigation, he proved himself to be a liar by denying this and I'll explain why.

Matt Whitaker interviewed for the position held by attorney Ty Cobb when Cobb announced his departure. Now, if you recall Ty Cobb was Trump's lawyer, particularly Trump's lawyer in regards to the Mueller investigation. Tell me how Matt Whitaker could possibly interview for Ty Cobb's job without actually discussing what his job would be regarding defending Trump in the Mueller investigation?

liars, all of them... liars

Why were Strzok and Page not required to recuse themselves? Because neither Strzok or Page were, or were about to e appointed to become a superior officer overseeing DOJ and a Special Council investigation. Duh. Neither Strzok or Page had any authority to make executive decisions about investigations. They did not as Whitaker had done put forward their ideas as to how to stop, or hamstring an ongoing investigation by withdrawing or cutting it's funding. Now Strzok and Page did have a negative opinion of Mr Trump. But there is nothing in the FBI code of conduct that says agents are not allowed to have opinions or political bias just as anyone else may have because as you said in 2b) they have 1st Amendment rights as well.

OH so now we are limiting it ONLY to specific positions? So you are saying that the implicate bias that Strozk had is Different then Whitaker similar opinions (but of opposite political affiliation). BUT because Whitaker is applying for AG, he is a greater threat to an investigation?

Now your assumptions that Whitaker put forward the Ideas has HE actually done anything. This recent meeting was an oversight hearing so it was to oversee what has gone down? What has he done???? Oh compared to those that ACTUALLY Physically did things. Apply the exact same statement to what you just said about political opinion or bias. I stated that and agree that EVERYONE has bias to a certain degree, but its the ability to make a fair judgement. Strozk was claimed a HERO from one side of the fence while a traitor to the other. The issue is NOT that he had a political Bias but did it bleed into his conduct. It may or may not the IG report is contradicting.

SO has Whitaker done anything to validate his recusal as well as after the oversight hearing has his conduct shown implicate bias to validate a recusal. Nothing at this time.

This is nothing but wingnut rhetoric.

Be happy, this is ridiculous.

How about trying to dispute his policies as failures???? Prove what you say

Until you do here are a few of your beloved Obama's failures that you champion and voted for.

Obamafail’s Stupidly,
Putin told Obamafail to stay out of Crimea and he said yes sir. Stupidity
Putin told Obamafail to NOT sell arms to Ukrainian and he said yes sir. Stupidity
Putin told Obamafail to NOT put our missile defense shield in NATO, he again says yes sir. Stupidity
Obamafail yells out his RED LINE to Syria to never use WMD’s on its people again, Yet Syria walked all over Obamafail’s RED LINE. Putin told Obamafail to stay out and Obamafail says Yes Sir. What a ****ing dumbass coward.
Obamafail asked Putin of all people to certify that all of Syria’s WMD were taking out of Syria and Putin lied to Obamafail. Stupidity
Obamafail told Russia that once he is reelected he can be more flexible to what Putin wants. How stupid was that. Obamafail loved Putin and did whatever Putin wanted. Watch the video. Stupidity
video of Obama telling russia he can be more flexable - Yahoo Video Search Results
Obamafail was in office and what did he do to shut down NK’s nuclear program. Absolutely nothing. Obamafail was a stupid coward.
Obamafail flies in the middle of the night to Iran to deliver billions in cash so that Iran can fund their terrorists group without the money being traced. Stupidity
Obamafail cuts a deal with Iran to delay the making of nukes for 10 yrs and the agreement does not have inspections anywhere anytime. Not only that, no one can inspect any of Iran’s military bases. Stupidity
Obamafail pulls out of Iraq and leaves ISIS to materialize and when they do he calls them the JV Team. However that JV Team was not JV at all, making Obamafail to go back into Iraq to try to eradicate ISIS by tying the hands of our military. Thus he could not eradicate ISIS. Stupidity
Obamafail bombs the crap out of Lybia and walks away. And in doing so the resistance builds and raids our embassy killing four of our own. And Obamafail goes around calling it a protest of some stupid video. How stupid can this dumbass be?
Obamafail borrows and spends 10 trillion doubling our national and has the crown of borrowing more than all the president before him combinded. And what did we get, the worst economic recovery in US History. Stupidity
Obamafail gives Solyndra 400 million of tax payer money to make solar panels, the company goes broke. Stupidity
Obamafail bails out GM with taxpayer money that we lost 11.2 billion on the deal. Stupidity The U.S. Government Lost $11.2 Billion Bailing Out GM | HuffPost
Obamafail campaigned on closing Clubgetmo and guess what it’s still in use. Stupidity
Obamafail’s signature so called achievement was Obamacare that he promised you can keep your Dr., you can keep your insurance, and you’ll save $2,500 per yr per family on your health insurance. Guess what Obamacare was a complete failure. Stupidity YouTube
Obamafail’s rollout of Obamacare was the worst in US History, and he had to continue to write executive orders to push out dates of different parts of Obamacare so that it would not crash under his term in office. Not one Republican voted for Obamafails signature failure. Stupidity
Obamafail locked up Utah’s land for a park but that got overturned by Trump. How stupid was that????
Obama claims another 1.6 million Western acres as national monuments - Washington Times
Obamafail, did what to get NATO to get them to pay their fair share which is 2% of their GDP, but none of them were paying up except the US paying our share and subsidizing them. Stupidity
Obamafail buys his allies, Stupidity

Obamafail killed the Keystone pipeline, why? Because he thought the pipeline would be safer and less expensive, can’t have that so he killed it. Stupidity
What did Obamafail do against China for stealing our intellectual capital? And China ripping us off on trade. He did not a ****ing thing, what a stupid coward he was?
What did Obamafail do to kill NAFTA that was ripping off our country? And renegotiate NAFTA for a better deal. What a stupid coward he was?
Obamafail cuts a deal with Iran so they can have nukes in 10 yrs. and he has no inspections anytime anywhere. BTW Obamafail could not go on an Iran military bass. How stupid is that. Remember Reagan’s famous quote “trust but verify” Obamafail missed that speech.
I could go on and on but no use.
I would say Harvard didn’t teach him a ****ing thing.

How about trying to dispute his policies as failures???? Prove what you say

Until you do here are a few of your beloved Obama's failures that you champion and voted for.

Obamafail’s Stupidly,
Putin told Obamafail to stay out of Crimea and he said yes sir. Stupidity
Putin told Obamafail to NOT sell arms to Ukrainian and he said yes sir. Stupidity
Putin told Obamafail to NOT put our missile defense shield in NATO, he again says yes sir. Stupidity
Obamafail yells out his RED LINE to Syria to never use WMD’s on its people again, Yet Syria walked all over Obamafail’s RED LINE. Putin told Obamafail to stay out and Obamafail says Yes Sir. What a ****ing dumbass coward.
Obamafail asked Putin of all people to certify that all of Syria’s WMD were taking out of Syria and Putin lied to Obamafail. Stupidity
Obamafail told Russia that once he is reelected he can be more flexible to what Putin wants. How stupid was that. Obamafail loved Putin and did whatever Putin wanted. Watch the video. Stupidity
video of Obama telling russia he can be more flexable - Yahoo Video Search Results
Obamafail was in office and what did he do to shut down NK’s nuclear program. Absolutely nothing. Obamafail was a stupid coward.
Obamafail flies in the middle of the night to Iran to deliver billions in cash so that Iran can fund their terrorists group without the money being traced. Stupidity

When I read posts like this I think of the books Wilhelm Reich wrote, Listen Little Man and The Mass Psychology of Fascism.

They explain people who dispense objective thought in politics.

Source: (CNN) Whitaker says he will not appear before House panel unless he gets guarantee he won't face subpoena

Well, here we go. It seems it's beginning.

As the Dems won the House on election night 2018, I postulated that Trump & his administration would dig-in and resist Congressional appearances and subpoenas. We may be seeing the beginning of this. And I fear it could get extremely, extremely, ugly. I hope I'm wrong.

Whitaker’s performance was amateur. Another Trump sycophant.

Whitaker’s performance was amateur. Another Trump sycophant.

:funny
But the Democrats performance on the committee was worst than Whitaker’s.
Just a total waste of time and tax payer money!

When I read posts like this I think of the books Wilhelm Reich wrote, Listen Little Man and The Mass Psychology of Fascism.

They explain people who dispense objective thought in politics.

Nice Try, but I know the truth hurts. But you have to live with it not me, my hands are clean. The difference is I want success vs failure. Your on side of loving Obama failures

Nice Try, but I know the truth hurts. But you have to live with it not me, my hands are clean. The difference is I want success vs failure. Your on side of loving Obama failures

I am not infatuated with Obie. He was not a good leader.

maybe stop with the stereotyping and LEARN.

If only it were that easy ...

Well it would have cut out a couple (or more) of weeks of useless BS.

It looks like someone told him what the laws of the United States of America are and that there was no way that he could prevent himself being subpoenaed it the committee felt like doing that (and that once subpoenaed he would NOT have the option of NOT giving his answers under oath).

The problem remains is that it's the prosecutor who decides whether a particular statement is perjury.

Actually that isn't true.

Admittedly it is the prosecutor who decides whether a particular statement APPEARS TO BE perjury, but it is the Judge who decides.

The accused can contest the claim of course, but he or she doesn't have to.

Quite right. In the first case they hold what is known as "a trial" (which MIGHT be followed by "a sentencing hearing after a finding of guilt") and in the second case they jump right to "a sentencing hearing following a plea of guilty".

My understanding is that Whittaker is concerned that he will find himself in a bind between concerns of executive privilege vs. testifying and breaking privilege.

If subpoenaed the whole "conflict" is resolved. There is no 5th Amendment right which allows a witness to say "I refuse to answer on the grounds that doing so may incriminate someone else.".

He wishes to avoid a perjury claim.

The easiest way to do that is to tell the truth as you know it AND make clear at the time that you might not be aware of all of the facts or that your memory might be faulty.

Back
Top Bottom