• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whitaker saying he won’t cut Mueller funding: report

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ker-saying-he-wont-cut-mueller-funding-report

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker has told associates that he won't reduce special counsel Robert Mueller's budget, as he previously suggested, a source told Bloomberg.

Whitaker, who took over the role last week when former Attorney General Jeff Sessions was ousted, has reportedly said he will allow Mueller's investigation into Russian interference to move forward. His appointment raised alarms among Democrats and a few Republicans who expressed concern about his past statements about the investigation.
=================================================
I can't read this guy's mind so we will have to watch as things develop until the Blue Wave is in place in January.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ker-saying-he-wont-cut-mueller-funding-report

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker has told associates that he won't reduce special counsel Robert Mueller's budget, as he previously suggested, a source told Bloomberg.

Whitaker, who took over the role last week when former Attorney General Jeff Sessions was ousted, has reportedly said he will allow Mueller's investigation into Russian interference to move forward. His appointment raised alarms among Democrats and a few Republicans who expressed concern about his past statements about the investigation.
I can't read this guy's mind so we will have to watch as things develop until the Blue Wave is in place in January.

Whelp.... he’s going to be fired now...

So, once again, the Left's hysteria was for naught. Knock me over with a feather. I'm sure that means that Dems won't try to destroy him come January.:roll:

Gotta be fake news. The person starting this thread already has one about how the dems plan to call Whitaker to testify for saying he would defund Meuller.

No, this is them holding back. Getting Sessions out and installing a stooge was Trump testing the waters, seeing how far it could fly, and I think this is only them holding back, somehow they're still working to undermine Mueller, and you can bank on that.

Sounds good so far. But don’t let your guard down. Words sound nice but actions are what matters.

Yeah, he saw House Intelligence ranking member Rep. Schiff's threat on MSNBC, last night.

It was a spine chilling warning to Whitaker. Do the right thing, or follow in the footsteps of Watergate AG John Mitchell, who was imprisoned for doing Nixon's bidding.

Like I believe a single thing he says. Only his recusal will do.

This is the problem with rampant speculation...it gets slapped down by facts.

Now...if only we knew whether this latest "report" has any factual basis or not.

Well he's fired.

lol

no, this is them holding back. Getting sessions out and installing a stooge was trump testing the waters, seeing how far it could fly, and i think this is only them holding back, somehow they're still working to undermine mueller, and you can bank on that.
q.f.t.

Cutting Mueller's budget was only one way to constrain the SC investigation. He can also do it by refusing to sign off on Mueller's indictments and subpoenas. And that's assuming that I actually believe Whitaker to begin with. And I don't.

So, once again, the Left's hysteria was for naught. Knock me over with a feather. I'm sure that means that Dems won't try to destroy him come January.:roll:
This is more left wing propaganda. Using an unnamed source to suggest Whitaker isn't going to do something that he might decide is the right thing to do after he reviews what is going on. It's silly to think anyone would commit to something like that one way or the other. If he did he is a moron.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

That Whittaker is going to be fired for publicly stating that he would not cut Mueller’s funding
Whittaker publically stated that? Link to the quote? Sounds more like them trying to box him in to a commitment that he should not make

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Top Democrats pushed the Justice Department’s ethics chief Monday to disclose his advice to acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker about whether he needed to recuse himself from overseeing the ongoing Russia investigation.

The Democrats said they believe Mr. Whitaker must not be in charge of overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s work, and they are hoping Lee J. Lofthus, the department’s designated ethics officer, has come to the same conclusion.

Sen. Charles E. Schumer and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Democrats’ leaders in Congress, led the letter, joined by the ranking Democrats on the Judiciary and intelligence committees in each chamber, as well as the House oversight panel.

They pointed to comments Mr. Whitaker made last year suggesting an attorney general might starve the special counsel of funding, thereby limiting its ability to follow through on its investigation.

“For these reasons, we request that you immediately notify us in writing regarding whether you, or any other ethics officials at the Justice Department, have advised Mr. Whitaker to recuse from supervision of the special counsel investigation, and the basis for that recommendation,” the Democrats wrote. “We also request that you provide us all ethics guidance the department has provided to Mr. Whitaker to date.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/12/dems-press-doj-ethics-chief-intervene-whitaker/

Back
Top Bottom