• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whitaker hearing confirms Democrats have already won

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Whitaker hearing confirms it: On Mueller probe, Democrats have already won

Republicans are shouting about nothing not just because that’s their default mode when the cameras are on, but because they’re genuinely frustrated at how they’re losing the broader battle over the Mueller probe.

That question led to this highlight, in which committee chair Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) asked Whitaker whether he has had to approve any particular actions by the special counsel, since Mueller must get approval before opening up new lines of investigation or taking certain important steps. Whitaker’s attempt to evade the question was so ham-handed that the entire room burst out in a combination of shock and derisive laughter:

I’m sure Trump plays out an alternate history in his mind over and over, in which he appointed someone else to be attorney general at the beginning of his presidency, and that person not only never appointed a special counsel in the first place but also made sure that any questions about Russia were quietly shelved. Instead, we got Mueller conducting what seems to be a thorough and aggressive probe. No amount of evaded questions or Republican shouting at hearings or angry tweets has been able to stop it.

Most of us knew this two years ago.

???

What have the Dems won?

The leftwing deflation will be monumental when this whole thing fizzles. I expect they'll angrily lash out at first and then realize it's over and get nearly suicidal. In any case, get your popcorn in plenty of time.:lol:

What was that about "Republican shouting"?

Oh yeah--

Hardly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Democrats just looked like nasty AHs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIF: Reading is Fundamental

I read the snippet that the OP presented from the article. I wasn't able to read the article because of the WaPo paywall.

I'm not aware of Whitaker trying to stop the Mueller investigation. So, again, I ask: What have the Democrats won?

The leftwing deflation will be monumental when this whole thing fizzles. I expect they'll angrily lash out at first and then realize it's over and get nearly suicidal. In any case, get your popcorn in plenty of time.:lol:

Oh I don’t think so. We’ve removed a foreign agent from the tippy top of the national security apparatus among other successes by raiding the criminal rat’s nest Trump calls his inner circle. Lots of success to celebrate.

Hardly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Democrats just looked like nasty AHs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are just the warm ups. The mob demands fresh meat and Whitaker is a very juicy corrupt slab.

???

What have the Dems won?

The confirmation that a single large anonymous donor (most likely Sheldon Adelson) is doing a Gipetto act with a large bald man whose only prior claim to fame was CEO of a patent company that touts toilets supposedly designed for well endowed men who say that their pee pees touch the water when they sit down, oh and...a bit of time travel, Sasquatch dolls and bitcoin.

Oh yeah, said bald puppet also pretty good at sending threatening emails, too.

Oh I don’t think so. We’ve removed a foreign agent from the tippy top of the national security apparatus among other successes by raiding the criminal rat’s nest Trump calls his inner circle. Lots of success to celebrate.

Yea, who might that be?

The confirmation that a single large anonymous donor (most likely Sheldon Adelson) is doing a Gipetto act with a large bald man whose only prior claim to fame was CEO of a patent company that touts toilets supposedly designed for well endowed men who say that their pee pees touch the water when they sit down, oh and...a bit of time travel, Sasquatch dolls and bitcoin.
Trump hires only the best people.

Oh yeah, said bald puppet also pretty good at sending threatening emails, too.
Composing nasty emails is a very important skill for any government employee.
However, Whitaker may not be up to speed on incoherent tweeting.
Hopefully, master-twit Trump will give Whitaker pointers on composing misspelled tweets.

Michael Flynn.

I see, so the guy who served decades in the military, including in combat, is a traitor. That would be laughable if it wasn't so disgraceful. Flynn did nothing that any National Security advisor wouldn't do as part of preparing for his job. He was simply strong armed and threatened by Mueller in his efforts to get Trump. When a special prosecutor can have unlimited power to coerce, we have entered dangerous territory. The worst part, too, is that NOTHING Flynn has been charged with has a damn thing to do with collusion. It's pathetic and shameful.

The one glaring fact that came across in spades today was Matt Whitaker considers himself the exactly type of Attorney General that Trump has long publicly pined for. Whitaker sees himself as being Trumps lawyer and doing whatever is necessary to serve him and do his bidding.

Today was a job audition by Whitaker letting Trump know that he is a perfect soldier and his loyalty lies only and solely with Trump.

The telling moment was when Whitaker would not even take the same step that many others have done in denial of the witch hunt accusation. Many others have done it but Whitaker would not.

I imagine that it was hard to get the words out when his lips were firmly planted to the backside of the occupier of the White House.

This was a very sad day for America.

I see, so the guy who served decades in the military, including in combat, is a traitor. That would be laughable if it wasn't so disgraceful. Flynn did nothing that any National Security advisor wouldn't do as part of preparing for his job. He was simply strong armed and threatened by Mueller in his efforts to get Trump. When a special prosecutor can have unlimited power to coerce, we have entered dangerous territory. The worst part, too, is that NOTHING Flynn has been charged with has a damn thing to do with collusion. It's pathetic and shameful.

Michael Flynn was a paid operative of one foreign government and was fired for lying about his machinations with a second foreign government. The founders would have sent him swinging from the gallows for treason.

Well I'm a 'don't count your chickens' guy but it is heartening to know at least the investigation can't easily be shut down on a whim. From the OP article:

"If Trump had actually persuaded anyone to obstruct the Mueller probe on his behalf, he wouldn’t be tweeting “Witch hunt!!!” every few days. Those are the desperate cries of a man who wishes his underlings would obstruct justice on his behalf, but isn’t getting what he wants."

Well I'm a 'don't count your chickens' guy but it is heartening to know at least the investigation can't easily be shut down on a whim. From the OP article:

"If Trump had actually persuaded anyone to obstruct the Mueller probe on his behalf, he wouldn’t be tweeting “Witch hunt!!!” every few days. Those are the desperate cries of a man who wishes his underlings would obstruct justice on his behalf, but isn’t getting what he wants."

Oh I think they nailed him. As one Rep. noted..if Whitaker wasn’t illegally feeding Trump information about this investigation at the very least then how he could he claim executive privelege for conversations that never took place?

What was that about "Republican shouting"?

Oh yeah--

There's something beautifully ironic is a die hard liberal progressive using Starship to emphasize their point.

Jefferson Airplane was a fantastic band. They were pioneers of the San Francisco sound and were creative and talented enough to bring that sound to the mainstream. Then they started to fall apart. They became Jefferson Starship and, while primarily capitalizing on their Airplane past, still came out with a few respectable tunes...then they started to fall apart.

Then came Starship and "We Built This City". That was the end. The song scored well but it was awful and merely a reflection of the awful music of the times. That's where the Democrats are today. They have Progressives trying to recreate an FDR world with modern technology and modern marketing techniques. It, like Starship, is merely a reflection of the horrible state of politics today.

Michael Flynn was a paid operative of one foreign government and was fired for lying about his machinations with a second foreign government. The founders would have sent him swinging from the gallows for treason.

BS. He hasn't been charged with anything remotely close to that and the besmirching of him by the rabid left is a disgrace.

I read the snippet that the OP presented from the article. I wasn't able to read the article because of the WaPo paywall.

I'm not aware of Whitaker trying to stop the Mueller investigation. So, again, I ask: What have the Democrats won?

The Democrats are merely playing to their own base. They have no designs on encouraging moderates to head their way. They don't think they need moderates. See, once they gain power they can make all the rules and then "moderates" or "conservatives" will, like they are today, serve as little more than an object to point at as a reminder to their subjects of what can happen if people are allowed to exercise their own thoughts and deeds.

Back
Top Bottom