• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whitaker Fakes Resume

The bigger higher education disgrace being perpetrated on the public is the Trump/DeVos efforts to reinvigorate the for profit colleges which ripped off God only knows how many lower income people and vets. In the same breadth Trump/Devos are trying to make it harder to file claims of abuse and fraud.

There is an ongoing effort in this country to create a permanent class of people for which a regular college education is out of reach leaving them with either nothing or an opportunity to be ripped off. In fact the effort can be best described as putting a regular college education entirely out of reach making them easier targets for the rip off artists, like Donald Trump. At the same time we have done virtually nothing to supplement a traditional college degree outside of the community colleges which we are bleeding dry of funding.

Anybody who thinks the country survives with this horse bleep protectionist garbage internationally combined with institutionally creating classes of Americans garbage domestically is out of their minds. Anybody that does not see that this is exactly what the New Right is trying to do is blind as a bat.

10 million percent correct.

The DeVos family is pretty much the worst of America. Uber-rich assholes who are trying to completely privatize education (Betsy) and defense (that war criminal Erik Prince, who belongs buried beneath the nearest prison).

I hate Republicans with every cell of my being. They are a cancer on America.

I've got bigger problems with Whitaker than this; like the fact that for the past couple of years he's been auditioning all over cable news for this position by trashing Mueller and the Special Counsel investigation as a Witch Hunt, and therefore has been put in charge of said "Witch Hunt" by Trump in order to obstruct and dismantle it.

Only extremely exceptional people have pulled off those tricks.

Not as tough as you think. When the USSR collapsed, a wave of people came to America with questionable certifications, because they could be bought for the right price during the transition period. People who were nurses in the Soviet Union were suddenly doctors.
The Fairfax District in West Hollywood was crawling with "meat cutters" who suddenly were able to put an MD next to their name and open "Russian clinics" in the early 1990's.

I know, because they were some of our best advertisers on the Russian language TV show I worked on.

One fraud hires another

Acting AG incorrectly claimed 'Academic All-American' honors on resume: report

"Incorrectly" really means "he made that **** up."

From the story:
Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupac told the Journal that Whitaker used a 1993 media guide that named him as a “GTE District VII academic All-American" when he listed the honor on his résumé.

Kowal told the newspaper that Whitaker was actually a “1992 GTE District VII Academic All-District selection.” She added that the organization was less organized in the 1990s and that "people over time use terms interchangeably and innocently.”

I had some I didn't remember the names of. Had to thumb through papers to see their proper names.

The article suggests that back then people weren't too particular about the terms. I can buy it.

Red:
Did you put them on your résumé with the wrong names without bothering to "thumb through" to make sure you accurately represented the accolades you earned?

Blue:
Back when?
I stress that the man is an attorney because of all the things attorneys must and mustn't do, "dotting their ies and crossing their tees," so to speak, is, if nothing else, what even half-assed ones do as go their written statements and statements about them. If that means they must "thumb through" something to confirm their declaration's accuracy before stating it, most especially but not limited to representing/promoting themselves and extolling their credentials, qualifications, accomplishments, laurels, etc., than that is what they must, per the ABA's code of ethics, do.
Moreover, the lie isn't a "once and subsequently corrected" mistake; it's a consistently repeated deliberate misrepresentation of material fact. That claim didn't accidentally show up on the man's website, a resume and a job application, and a press release without Whitaker knowing about it.

Of course, I don't know what in what profession(s) you and others here practice, but that really doesn't matter for in any corporate or governmental position, lying on your résumé is a fireable offense.
  • Types of Lies
    • Lies of Denial -- This type of lie will involve an untruthful person simply saying that they were not involved and contradict the truth.
    • Lies of Omission -- A lie of omission is often referred to as the "lie of choice," as the person using this method can always blame the interviewer for not asking the right question.
    • Lies of Fabrication -- Fabrication is typically the most difficult type of lie for an individual to tell. The dishonest person needs to make up their "facts" as they are telling them, which of course makes it harder to remember later.
    • Lies of Minimisation -- Minimisation involves the person attempting to distort the truth by making statements like "It was an accident" or "It was already damaged though" in an attempt to minimise what they’ve done.
    • Lies of Exaggeration -- This type of lie is similar to the lie of minimisation in that there is a distortion of the truth, however, the subject will overstate what happened. For example, they might say something like, "Yeah, I am responsible for all the losses here."
  • Why people lie
In the Trump Administration, however, being a liar seems to be not only n asset, but an "entrance requirement."

i suppose someone could be persuaded that it was an honest mistake. others of us only conclude that this is more evidence of the guy's clay feet

A respectable opinion if I'm to be honest.

You may want to read the whole article before opening your mouth.

So, since I pitched in the little league all star game, I should add MLB “all star” pitcher to my resume. :roll:

Giving him the benefit of the doubt here. From your link:

He would have known the difference between all-district and all-American. Gmafb

So, since I pitched in the little league all star game, I should add MLB “all star” pitcher to my resume. :roll:

No, someone would have to mess up and list you as such in some form of recognized list, like what happened here.

If you'd actually read the article, you would see that's most likely what happened.

The DeVos family is pretty much the worst of America. Uber-rich assholes who are trying to completely privatize education (Betsy) and defense (that war criminal Erik Prince, who belongs buried beneath the nearest prison).

The surest sign of the insanity of the Trump cult is that they themselves are being pushed closer and closer to the railings off the back of the Trump Party ship in this process and they don't even know it. They are cutting their own legs out from under themselves.

Wouldn't it be interesting to compare Trump's with Obama's?

Sure would. Maybe they should release Obama's and let's see what they look like?

Sure would. Maybe they should release Obama's and let's see what they look like?

As much as we might fantasize, not going to happen now that Obama is no longer running.

No way in hell Trump would ever allow his to be released in any case.

It seems like your hate keeps you up at night.

I've got bigger problems with Whitaker than this; like the fact that for the past couple of years he's been auditioning all over cable news for this position by trashing Mueller and the Special Counsel investigation as a Witch Hunt, and therefore has been put in charge of said "Witch Hunt" by Trump in order to obstruct and dismantle it.

My concern with him as well. And it isn't even ambiguous. His bias against Mueller has been on display for the world to see.

I don't like uber partisans, and he is one for sure.

Why do you think his transcripts are classified?

No idea, and I don't care. He isn't President anymore. Do you want to join the rest of us in 2018, or will you just continue to obsess over a former President?

*10 million percent correct*

:thumbs: I laughed :thumbs:

Why do you think his transcripts are classified?

They’re not “classified.” That word means something.

You really don’t know a whole lot, do you?

Back
Top Bottom